Page 2 of 5 First 12345 Last
  1. #11
    goodlun's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2008
    Location
    San Diego, CA
    Posts
    9,505
    Style
    BJJ, FMA
    --
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by Ninnong View Post
    Do guns at rallies count?:protest:
    Open carry event?
    If so yes because they are not loaded.

  2. #12
    crappler's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2009
    Location
    Northern California
    Posts
    1,747
    Style
    Judo
    --
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    In California you can go to jail. Even if you are a MA and it's at home. That are simply illegal.
    "We often joke -- and we really wish it were a joke -- that you will only encounter two basic problems with your 'self-defense' training.
    1) That it doesn't work
    2) That it does work"
    -Animal MacYoung

  3. #13
    goodlun's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2008
    Location
    San Diego, CA
    Posts
    9,505
    Style
    BJJ, FMA
    --
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by crappler View Post
    In California you can go to jail. Even if you are a MA and it's at home. That are simply illegal.
    This is what is super silly you can have them at the place of martial instruction and you can learn to use them for self defense but you can't carry or own them. Go figure.

  4. #14

    Join Date
    Mar 2010
    Location
    California
    Posts
    170
    Style
    Aiki Jujitsu, Kyokushin
    --
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by goodlun View Post
    Open carry event?
    If so yes because they are not loaded.
    I think this picture was actually taken at a town hall meeting where the president was speaking. The story was on the news a couple months ago so I'm not completely sure though :/.

  5. #15
    crappler's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2009
    Location
    Northern California
    Posts
    1,747
    Style
    Judo
    --
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by goodlun View Post
    This is what is super silly you can have them at the place of martial instruction and you can learn to use them for self defense but you can't carry or own them. Go figure.
    NO, you cannot have them in a place of martial instruction. You are not permitted to have them anywhere. However, you can train with foam silly sticks.

    The reality is that cops have wide discretion and depending on the situation, can take you in or forget it. I've seen real ones at several martial arts schools (including this ATA one, where quite frankly their weapons training was superb). So, yeah, you see them but they are illegal.
    "We often joke -- and we really wish it were a joke -- that you will only encounter two basic problems with your 'self-defense' training.
    1) That it doesn't work
    2) That it does work"
    -Animal MacYoung

  6. #16
    crappler's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2009
    Location
    Northern California
    Posts
    1,747
    Style
    Judo
    --
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by Ninnong View Post
    I think this picture was actually taken at a town hall meeting where the president was speaking. The story was on the news a couple months ago so I'm not completely sure though :/.
    yeah, a bunch of fucktards were showing up at events trying to intimidate people under the pretense of taking part in our political process.
    "We often joke -- and we really wish it were a joke -- that you will only encounter two basic problems with your 'self-defense' training.
    1) That it doesn't work
    2) That it does work"
    -Animal MacYoung

  7. #17

    Join Date
    Oct 2009
    Location
    S. St. Paul, MN
    Posts
    540
    Style
    10thP/BJJ/Wrestling/Judo
    --
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by CodosDePiedra View Post
    Every so often on the news, airports, courts etc show their collections of confiscated weapons for some reason. There's always knives, brass knuckles, nunchucks, balisongs, 1950s style switchblades and ninja stars. I wouldn't be surprised if the people who work there bought all that weird stuff just to make their collection look cooler. The other explanation is that there's people out there walking around with ninja stars on a day when they have a flight or court date. One time they mentioned an old military veteran who had a bayonet concealed in his fake leg.

    Here's some random examples of confiscated weapons that aren't firearms:









    I swear to God that in that second picture is the Glaive from the movie Krull. Fantastic.

  8. #18
    goodlun's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2008
    Location
    San Diego, CA
    Posts
    9,505
    Style
    BJJ, FMA
    --
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by crappler View Post
    NO, you cannot have them in a place of martial instruction. You are not permitted to have them anywhere. However, you can train with foam silly sticks.

    The reality is that cops have wide discretion and depending on the situation, can take you in or forget it. I've seen real ones at several martial arts schools (including this ATA one, where quite frankly their weapons training was superb). So, yeah, you see them but they are illegal.
    Nope here is the law
    http://ag.ca.gov/firearms/dwcl/12020.php
    read
    (b) Subdivision (a) does not apply to any of the following:
    (3) The possession of a nunchaku on the premises of a school which holds a regulatory or business license and teaches the arts of self-defense.

  9. #19
    Robstafarian's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2005
    Location
    Chesterfield, VA
    Posts
    1,822
    Style
    None
    --
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by Iainkelt View Post
    I swear to God that in that second picture is the Glaive from the movie Krull. Fantastic.
    The Glaive had five blades, and they weren't karambit knockoffs.

  10. #20
    Whacker's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Location
    NC
    Posts
    1,293
    Style
    jits da variedade brasile
    --
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by Robstafarian View Post
    The Glaive had five blades, and they weren't karambit knockoffs.
    *brofist*

    Iainkelt has raisins in his braincase.

Page 2 of 5 First 12345 Last

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  

Log in

Log in
Single Sign On provided by vBSSO