Sponsored Links Spacer Image

Posted On:
    10/02/2010 10:27pm

Join us... or die
     Style: BJJ

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!

YMAS Cull Gracie Licensing Program: We forgot where we were at

While I agree with the McDojo comments and keep on having less and less respect for the Gracies as an organization.
    I would think that 80 hours of grappling instruction will make them surprising well prepared to deal with someone that has 0 grappling experience.
    Kind of like what happens to the brand new guy(with no grappling experience) vs the White belt that has been in class for 14 weeks. The white belt does tend to do fairly well to the guy off the street.
    So you just have to hope that mugger that attacks you doesn't have any grappling experience.

Registered Member

Posted On:
    10/08/2010 5:34pm

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by goodlun View Post
    So you just have to hope that mugger that attacks you doesn't have any grappling experience.
    i'd wager most don't.

Registered Member

Posted On:
    10/20/2010 3:34pm

Style: Kosho Ryu Kempo

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    gonna be totally honest just downloaded the whole video series and the manual the other day just search gracie combatives torrent its actually very good basic techniques of gracie jiujitsu a good place to start if nothing else i just refuse to pay for it

Registered Member

Posted On:
    10/21/2010 3:25pm

Style: Limalama

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by Koshoryu1113 View Post
    gonna be totally honest just downloaded the whole video series and the manual the other day just search gracie combatives torrent its actually very good basic techniques of gracie jiujitsu a good place to start if nothing else i just refuse to pay for it
    Generally frowned upon to discuss illegal stuff on a public forum.

Registered Member

Posted On:
    10/21/2010 4:54pm

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    dang it...didn't realize this was a 3 year old thread...ugh!

Registered Member

Posted On:
    10/22/2010 5:06am

Style: Boxing and No Gi BJJ

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by Koshoryu1113 View Post
    whether its good or not is up for debate, but you are not meant to steal those vids...o.0

Administrator

Posted On:
    10/22/2010 5:33am

staff
     Style: xingyi

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    While I agree with the McDojo comments and keep on having less and less respect for the Gracies as an organization.
    I would think that 80 hours of grappling instruction will make them surprising well prepared to deal with someone that has 0 grappling experience.
    Kind of like what happens to the brand new guy(with no grappling experience) vs the White belt that has been in class for 14 weeks. The white belt does tend to do fairly well to the guy off the street.
    Seriously did you just float the Wing Chun/Krotty/Teh Deadly defense for BJJ?

Yes, yes you did.

More BJJ bullshido - The Gracie Combatives Licensing Programô - No BS MMA and Martial Arts
    Last edited by It is Fake; 10/22/2010 5:38am at .

Posted On:
    10/22/2010 5:36am

Join us... or die

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by It is Fake View Post
    Seriously did you just float the Wing Chun/Krotty/Teh Deadly defense for BJJ?

Yes, yes you did.
    Please reread what I said as I was advocating the fact that a little bit of grappling experience is far superior to no grappling experience from what I understand that is quite the opposite of what chun/krotty guys say.

Administrator

Posted On:
    10/22/2010 5:44am

staff
     Style: xingyi

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    This I agree with:
    Please reread what I said as I was advocating the fact that a little bit of grappling experience is far superior to no grappling experience from what I understand that is quite the opposite of what chun/krotty guys say.
    That wasn't what I responded to though:

You threw in the mugger/street 0 skill defense that they use to say a program, no matter how watered down, is okay.

That is exactly the reasoning the examples I gave use.

Posted On:
    10/22/2010 5:59am

Join us... or die

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by It is Fake View Post
    This I agree with:

That wasn't what I responded to though:

You threw in the mugger/street 0 skill defense that they use to say a program, no matter how watered down, is okay.

That is exactly the reasoning the examples I gave use.
    Fair enough,
    I was just emphasizing that the program serves it purpose of giving someone enough grappling ability to deal with none grapplers but most likely not enough to deal with trains in a grappling art.
    Mostly what I would stand by is they are still better off incorporating at least the combatives program into their normal routine to at least least close up that hole in their game some.
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast