Sponsored Links Spacer Image

Registered Member

Posted On:
    10/25/2010 6:07pm

Style: Generic MMA

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by Eddie Hardon View Post

Johnny Dundee lost his World MW Title to The Great Harry Greb, who had given the impression that he wasn't taking his preparations too carefully by being seen in various Bars. Of course, this was just a ruse but even so he needed to be careful of Dundee whose "friends" might have wanted to make an objection to the loss of the title.
    Cool. Sure it was wholly a ruse? He was an awesome carouser & womanizer. He could've beaten Dundee off his peak. Serious all-around stud. When the subject of a Dempsey-Greb fight came up Kearns was quoted as saying "we want no traffic with that sonovabitch!" Shame that none of his fight films survived.

Glad to see you here Eddie. I was somehow unaware of this sub-forum. I've come across your posts scattered across the web & really enjoyed what I read. Do you maintain a site for all this goodness?

Registered Member

Posted On:
    10/25/2010 6:13pm

Style: Generic MMA

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by bigskymma View Post
    Dempsey's book can be found here:

http://www.megaupload.com/?d=QKL2MYYD

This was actually posted by user Lord Asia a few years back. Enjoy.
    Thanks. I already had the PDF though. I converted it for my Kindle & was amazed. I read Dempsey's last biography & somehow wasn't expecting that level of technical knowledge from him, given his background & style.

Posted On:
    10/26/2010 6:29am

Join us... or die
     Style: Trad Ju Jitsu

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by jeffphansen77 View Post
    Cool. Sure it was wholly a ruse? He was an awesome carouser & womanizer. He could've beaten Dundee off his peak. Serious all-around stud. When the subject of a Dempsey-Greb fight came up Kearns was quoted as saying "we want no traffic with that sonovabitch!" Shame that none of his fight films survived.

Glad to see you here Eddie. I was somehow unaware of this sub-forum. I've come across your posts scattered across the web & really enjoyed what I read. Do you maintain a site for all this goodness?
    Kind words, Sir, Thank You.

No, I only post on this site and only what I'm thinking at that moment. It's all just in my Head.

For my shortcomings, I only recently learned that I had a User CP site. Ha! I really should learn to improve my IT skills.

Greb. Hmmm. Gave Tunney a lesson and allegedly gave Dempsey all the trouble he could handle in Sparring, hence your Hearns quote. Well done you.

Cheers

Posted On:
    2/09/2011 3:17pm

Join us... or die

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    I have now obtained a Brand New copy of Peerless Jim's book. Out-fightingh or long range boxing. It's published by Promethean Press (www.promethean-press.com) ISBN 978-0-9737698-4-5. Price US$18.95/UKŁ14-95. Go wild.

Administrator

Posted On:
    2/10/2011 8:12pm

supporting memberhall of famestaff
     Style: Muay Thai & BJJ

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Thank you!
    Quote Originally Posted by Sifu Rudy Abel
    "Just what makes a pure grappler think he can survive with an experienced striker. Especially if that striker isn't following any particular rule set and is well aware of what the grapplers strategies are".

Posted On:
    2/11/2011 1:00pm

Join us... or die

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by Pandinha View Post
    Thank you!
    You're most welcome. I also got a brand new copy of "Scientific Boxing The Deluxe Edition by James J. Corbett. Again, promethean press (www.promethean-press.com ) ISBN 978-0-9737698-9-0 Price $19.95/UKŁ15.95.

Hope it helps.

Cheers:-)
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123