Sponsored Links Spacer Image

Registered Member

Posted On:
    3/03/2004 6:08am

Style: kickboxing, BJJ

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Originally posted by Punisher
    MMA writers are even starting to wonder is Silva is all that good. Some people think Pride keeps sending him creampuffs to demolish to artifically pump up his record and make him seem better than he really is.
    Hmmm, interesting article don't agree with it though. They are right in that Wanderlei plays the part of a villian really well. I'm surprised they didn't mention that he beat Mezger with an illegal headbutt though.

Mezger, Henderson, Sakuraba, Cro cop all had the tools to beat wanderlei - its just that none of them did. Wanderlei is capable of tailoring his game plan to the strengths/weaknesses of his opponents. And lets not forget Gilbert Yvel - if there was one striker who was going to 'total' wanderlei at the time - it was him... on standup he could do everything wanderlei could do except better. Wanderlei I think got lucky here with his deft kick to the nuts that ended the bout as a N/C.

The thing I want is the rematch with vitor. In Vitor I think we have another person who does everything Wanderlei does just a little bit better both standing up and on the ground(and I'm sure Vitors new 'Air supply' look, will intimidate the hell out of Wanderlei)

And yeah, I guess it wouldn't surprise me at all if Kerr was juiced up. Makes me wonder how rampant performance enhancers are in the world of MMA. Someone once told me as far as 'athletics' goes, as soon as you're good enough to enter a national sports institute, the first thing you're taught is how to cover up your performance enhancers. Don't know how true it is, but the guy who told me had competed at the olympic level in his discipline so it does make me wonder about other sports too.

I restore the Balance

Posted On:
    3/03/2004 5:50pm

Join us... or die
     Style: I wear pants

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Originally posted by Xodus
    I find it all a bit sad seeing a hero fall like that. I felt the same way when I saw Royce get beat down by sakuraba
    I don't, because in the semi-finals of Pride, Royce after he beat Sak's buddy, he got up and shouted into the mic, "I'm back and this is my house now." He sure ate his words after being kicked around like a little girl by Sak in the finals.

and again when Sakuraba got beat by Wanderlei.
    Sak lost to a better fighter, 3 times.

I doubt I'll feel that way when Wanderlei gets beaten though, as much as I think he's an exciting fighter, I'm looking forward to the day that someone makes him tap
    I'd like to see a fight between Silva and Sapp. Great match up.
    Kungfoolss, Scourge of the theory-based stylists, Most Feared man at Bullshido.com, and the Preeminent Force in the martial arts political arena

The man they call FoM

Posted On:
    3/03/2004 5:54pm

supporting member
     Style: BJJ

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    I'd like to see a fight between Silva and Sapp. Great match up.
    I'd pay to see that.
    The Wastrel - So attractive he HAS to be a woman.
    - Pizdoff

Posted On:
    3/03/2004 7:10pm

supporting member
     Style: BJJ - Homeland Security

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Originally posted by FingerorMoon?
    That writer has a point.
    Tito gets SO much **** for beating on people supposedly smaller than him despite the fact they are all in the same weight class.
    Silva regularly has fights with people that wouldn't make the light heavyweight class in UFC.
    He manhandled Rampage, and I believe he would do the same to Tito and Vitor if given a rematch. As for being matched with Sak, that's the obstinate japanese promoters trying to rekindle Sak's earlier (circa 2000) years of beating up on everybody. If Vanderlei was japanese and not brazilian, I could see your theory working.

There were also rumours floating around that Vanderlei was going to move up to heavyweight since he has emptied the middleweight division, but I think he should beat Tito/Vitor/Randy first. Otherwise, he'll have no trouble holding the middleweight belt for his predicted 10 years.

I don't, because in the semi-finals of Pride, Royce after he beat Sak's buddy, he got up and shouted into the mic, "I'm back and this is my house now." He sure ate his words after being kicked around like a little girl by Sak in the finals.
    Not to mention that the highlight reel for that opening fight on Sherdog is nothing but Royce pulling guard and throwing sissy kidney kicks.
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12