Featherweight

Posted On:
    11/28/2010 6:37pm

Bullshido Newbie
     Style: BJJ

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!

Seminar Advice

Hey Guys, I was wondering if I can ask your advice on something. Iíve a female blue belt who has been training for over three years. Iíve competed all over the Midwest and have done fairly well at most of the tournaments Iíve been to. I was asked to teach a BJJ seminar at a few different schools. One school is a TKD school and is just looking to advance their grappling program and expose their students to another martial art. (I used to train with them and know most of their black belts.) The other school is MMA based and has a bunch of females training. They are looking for someone who is experienced in bjj and who the girls can relate to. Iíve told both schools that there are more experienced black belts in the area who can teach a seminar for them, but they still insist on me teaching one. My question is should I teach a seminar at these schools even though Iím only a blue belt? Both schools know this, but they donít seem to care. Also, can you provide me with any tips on how I can run a great seminar if I do decide to teach one? What techniques, positions, etc. should i show?

Posted On:
    11/28/2010 7:39pm

Style: Much striking, SAMBO, BJJ

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    As long as you're honest about who you are and what you are teaching them, I don't see a problem with it.

Sometimes an instructor who can relate to you and put things in terms you understand is better than someone who has more skill.