Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Senior Administrator

Posted On:
    10/21/2010 11:56pm

staff
     Style: JKD, BJJ

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Jackie Chan, as I said I few times in the review, is pretty much the only reason to see the film.

If you were moved by something in the movie, than it did its job for you. I was bored, then derisive, then disturbed while watching it, so it obviously doesn't work for me. But my primary concern about this piece was the total and utter lack of consequence to the violence in a movie aimed almost 100% at young children and pretending to be "real".
    Monkey Ninjas! Attack!

Posted On:
    10/22/2010 12:51am

Style: bjj/judo

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    What book were you reading that got you distracted from this modern day classic?

Not for nothing, but I did enjoy Jackie Chan more than I have in a long time. I do resent having Jaden Smith shoved into my face. I look forward to his awkward puberty, drug addled 20's and then his subsequent rebirth as an indie cinema heavy hitter.

Registered Member

Posted On:
    10/22/2010 4:03am

Style: None

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    I personally liked the movie and surprisingly Jaden Smith didn't annoy me, as a matter of fact I liked his performance. Maybe it has to do with the fact I've seen so many movies with many annoying performances from child stars that his comes across as decent. Still Jackie Chan stills the show as usual.
    Last edited by Elemental Fist; 10/22/2010 4:06am at .

Posted On:
    10/22/2010 4:16am

Join us... or die
     Style: BJJ

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    I just watched this last night. There are no surprises for those that have seen the original but I thought it was a good movie nonethelesss. I thought it might be interesting to challenge the bullies to unleash their Mayagi wisdom and see if they could come up with a mundane task that would teach a martial art technique. I'll have my student pick up and dump bags of manure untill he learns to do a proper two leg takedown. (I realize that makes as much sense as a football bat but hey, its a movie)

Posted On:
    10/22/2010 5:02am

supporting memberstaff
     Style: Grappling

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    And the Chicky comes through with a mega review and no gushing about anyone's abs!

Quote Originally Posted by JKDChick View Post
    I've cried at episodes of Digimon. This does not make them good. Or less of a cartoon.

Omega - Omegatastic Movie Reviews coming soon yes? Focus your RAAAAAGE!
    Surfing Facebook at work? Spread the good word by adding us on Facebook today! https://www.facebook.com/Bullshido
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12