Sponsored Links Spacer Image

Posted On:
    4/20/2010 1:21pm

Bullshido Newbie
     Style: Pukulan Pentjak Silat

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!

Any Fighters in/near Seattle?

Hey all, I'm looking for a couple of sparring/fighting guys who want to test their mettle/help me test mine in a lightly officiated group kind of deal that I think is in the spirit of this forum.

I have pads if you want them and a pretty flexible schedule as well as access to a mat room at the UW IMA (you might have to pay a guest fee if that's where you'd like to go)

Anyway, let me know if any of you are in the area and game

One last note, I don't care about skill level. I wouldn't mind getting my ass handed to me by a professional and I wouldn't mind going easy (or not) on a relative newcomer. It is my opinion that it is never too early to step into the ring

NOTE TO SELF - MOAR GRAPPLE - GET A NORMAL HAIR CUT - REPEAT

Posted On:
    4/20/2010 2:36pm

supporting member
     Style: Submission Grappling

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Try contacting Aaron at http://www.seattle-jujutsu.org/instructor.html . He's a member here, and a very nice guy. Skilled too.

Welcome.
    Now darkness comes; you don't know if the whales are coming. - Royce Gracie

KosherKickboxer has t3h r34l chi sao

In De Janerio, in blackest night,
    Luta Livre flees the fight,
    Behold Maeda's sacred tights;
    Beware my power... Blue Lantern's light!

Registered Member

Posted On:
    4/21/2010 3:57am

Style: Kyokushin

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    The above mentioned class is Sambo and Jujutsu, it is a great class. Worth visiting. I wish I could make some time to go more often.

If you are looking for some stand up, visit Seattle Kyokushin www.seattlekarate.net (site is need of update, but class info is accurate)

Every Saturday is kumite training 12-2pm. Contact Sensei directly (me) prior to showing up. We have a wide variety of levels and experience. Learning is the goal, not just pulverizing each other.

Osu

Featherweight

Posted On:
    9/19/2010 12:11am

Bullshido Newbie
     Style: Jun Fan Gung Fu/JKD

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    I live in Everett, pretty close to Seattle, and my schedule is pretty free.

Is Seattle Kyokushin like a no charge club, or can I pay as I can show up for Kumite?

Registered Member

Posted On:
    9/19/2010 2:32pm

Style: Out of Practice

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    I'm in the Seattle area, interested, and reasonably level-headed/polite. . .

Registered Member

Posted On:
    9/20/2010 11:55am

Style: Kyokushin/No Gi BJJ

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    PM the instructors; Aaron and Keith are awesome guys to work with and they both have a great group of students of all levels.

Posted On:
    9/20/2010 1:34pm

Style: FMA, Jujutsu/Judo/SAMBO

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    I'll vouch for Aaron and Keith as well. Good stuff both. Good people in the clubs as well.

Registered Member

Posted On:
    9/20/2010 7:08pm

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by JunFanDisciple View Post
    I live in Everett, pretty close to Seattle, and my schedule is pretty free.

Is Seattle Kyokushin like a no charge club, or can I pay as I can show up for Kumite?

The Seattle Kyokushin club is not really a pay as you go type of place. With our arrangement through Seattle University, everyone must join. Don't let this scare you, even joining for the quarter, it is only $75 for 3 months, plus an addtional $20 club dues for equipment maintainence (seperate from SU fees). If you make it every Saturday, $8 per class. If you are only going to be a few times a year speak with Sensei Keith and something probably can be arranged.

Also as a general rule, if you plan on only attending Saturday kumite class, you should be currently training elsewhere. However, exceptions can be made, but you must speak with Sensei Keith.

If you are not attending the regular class, you will need to come to watch and observe the Saturday class before participating in class. This is for everybody's safety, as well as you getting a chance to see what we are about.

(side note no class on Oct 9th, semi contact tournament in Ellensburg, open to all)

Osu

Registered Member

Posted On:
    9/28/2010 12:12am

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    If you were thinking of coming this week. No class on Tuesday due to schedule conflicts within the gym. Thursday and Saturday class will be at the Yesler Community (just down the street - Broadway and Yesler)

Registered Member

Posted On:
    9/30/2010 11:49pm

Style: Kyokushin, Boxing, Judo

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by kmh42 View Post
    The above mentioned class is Sambo and Jujutsu, it is a great class. Worth visiting. I wish I could make some time to go more often.

If you are looking for some stand up, visit Seattle Kyokushin www.seattlekarate.net (site is need of update, but class info is accurate)

Every Saturday is kumite training 12-2pm. Contact Sensei directly (me) prior to showing up. We have a wide variety of levels and experience. Learning is the goal, not just pulverizing each other.

Osu
    Is Seattle Kyokushin any good?
Page 1 of 5 1 2345 LastLast