Sponsored Links Spacer Image

Posted On:
    10/17/2010 7:53pm

Join us... or die
     Style: sambo/crossfit

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by HereBeADragon View Post
    No worries then. Just making sure I was not misunderstanding anything or backing myself into a corner again.
    quoted for truth
    Many things we do naturally become difficult only when we try to make them intellectual subjects. It is possible to know so much about a subject that you become totally ignorant.
    -Mentat Text Two (dicto)

Stillness is death

Posted On:
    10/18/2010 6:02am

Business Class Supporting Member
     NY Combat Sambo Style: combat sambo

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    No why would I? He hasn't done that.
    Yes, he has not done that with your name as far as we know. But, apparently, he has with someone elses name from the CST rank and file.

Posted On:
    10/18/2010 7:42am

Style: Limalama, Judo & BJJ

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Sonnon has not done to me what you are describing nor have I seen any proof of him doing it to anyone else.

Stillness is death

Posted On:
    10/18/2010 8:08am

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Sonnon has not done to me what you are describing...
    I just said that, did'nt I?

nor have I seen any proof of him doing it to anyone else.
    I will let IIF answer to this since he is the mod who noted the name game issue in the account. Not sure why we would not state the person's name here (if I were that person, I would want to know), but, I will leave that to the mods to decide.

But, IIF did mention that the name used to create the Therma account was a CST person from Colorado that traces back to Sonnon's forum and websites. Granted, the name on the account is not public, but it certainly is an attempt to cover one's identity to mods and any admin looking into the account.

Here are the facts from the thread so far
    (until any mods release more publically):
    -Therma's account was created in Nov, 2007 and was dormant until posting in this thread.
    -Therma's account was created using the name of a Colodado CST person.
    -Therma's account IP traces to Bellingham, Washington.
    -Therma's account lists an Indian energy company as his homepage (Thermax inc). This company has no office in Colorado or Bellingham. It was obviously chosen because of its name similarity to RMAX.

My guess is that Sonnon created this account years ago for the purpose of lurking. He probably subscribed to threads discussing him so he could get e-mail updates when they were active. He probably could not resist diving into the yoga discussion, and tipped his hand about his sock puppet account. And, if Therma is Sonnon (IMO it is), we can pretty much discount anything Therma said. Therma did not offer much fact anyway and only threw out strawmen and distraction. Sock puppeting is Sonnon's MO.

My quetion to IIF/mods would be to release the name and e-mail the account was created with.

Administrator

Posted On:
    10/18/2010 8:24am

staff
     Style: xingyi

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Simply put I am confirming a few things before I release anything for a few reasons.

1) I wouldn't want someone to release my name without contacting me first. There is enough out there that if the name was co-opted, and not a dupe name, I want the guy to be left alone if necessary.

2) If it is Scott, which was the impression I had after a few posts, I was hoping he'd man up and give an honest accounting.

3) If it is the actual person I wanted to give him a few chances to post and say "yes it is me."

Stillness is death

Posted On:
    10/18/2010 8:29am

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Thanks Fake.

I understand. But, at least your post serves to let people know that you do have a name and that this is not all BS.

Posted On:
    10/18/2010 8:43am

Style: Limalama, Judo & BJJ

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    For me its not an issue of this being BS or not, I wouldn't think Bullshido would condone making things up or actively participate in spreading false information. Steve you replied to a statement I made to Serge because he was trying to goade me into something using an as of yet unsubstantiated claim, and a poor Sirc imitation. Its possible Sonnon would do something like this to mess with Bullshido. Hell the last time the Sonnon thread flared up traffic and sales at RMAX doubled. Its also possible that a student living in Bellingham is up to this. Or that Sonnon put someone up to doing this. BUT I do not know for sure and nothing has been publically confirmed yet. So I am content to let IIF and the other mods sort it all out.

Stillness is death

Posted On:
    10/18/2010 9:05am

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Its possible Sonnon would do something like this to mess with Bullshido...Its also possible that a student living in Bellingham is up to this. Or that Sonnon put someone up to doing this.
    True, but, in any of these cases it sucks to use someone's name like that...especially a CST peer. Whoever Therma is (Scott), he could have easily come and defended himself or his position honestly and openly. hiding in the shadows does not lend credibility to one's argument.

Administrator

Posted On:
    10/18/2010 10:22am

staff

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Here are the two responses I received from Adam Skogen. This was based on checking the email when he was a troll and further contact with SamboSteve which made me dig deeper.

Quote Originally Posted by IiF
    Date: Mon, 18 Oct 2010 10:59:12 -0700 (PDT)
    To: ******ADAMSKOGEN******
    Subject: Location

Hello,

I'm curious if you are still based in Colorado as a CST instructor.

Thank you.
    Quote Originally Posted by Adam Skogen
    Hello,

I am still based in Denver, and I do still have clients. However, my CST cert is not current. I didn't pursue the recert because my training career took a different route. However, I'd be happy to discuss training with you.

Adam
    Quote Originally Posted by Iif
    ******adamskogen******
    Sent: Mon, October 18, 2010 12:35:45 PM
    Subject: Re: Location

Thanks you for your quick reply. The reason I ask is that someone joined Bullshido and has used your name "Adam Skogen" as the registration name for a screen name called Therma.

Here are the two links:
    http://www.bullshido.net/forums/showthread.php?t=100808
    http://www.bullshido.net/forums/show...t=92118&page=5

I contacted you because I saw you were living in Colorado and the IP for the account traces to Washington. I wanted to confirm if it was you or not before I possibly banned the account.

Quote Originally Posted by Adam Skogen
    I just had a chance to look at those links, and I can assure you, "Therma" is not me. I have no idea who it is, and I wouldn't be as much of a jackass as "Therma" apparently is.

If you would, please ban that account ASAP. Is my name associated anywhere online with that screen name? If so, feel free to make a public announcement saying that I have no association with the person using that name. You are also welcome to use this email in an online posting as well.

Thank you, and keep me posted if anything else happens with that screen name or my name.

Thanks,
    The Real Adam Skogen
    I appreciate the time Adam Skogen spent reading the two threads and the quick responses to my questions. No, this doesn't prove 100% this is Scott Sonnon.

Oh and of course this is Bullshido so:
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	therma - Member Profile - Bullshido' - www_bullshido_net_forums_member_php_u=46342.jpg 
Views:	27 
Size:	32.7 KB 
ID:	11354  

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	therma - Member Profile - Bullshido' - www_bullshido_net_forums_member_php_u=46342.png 
Views:	17 
Size:	105.2 KB 
ID:	11357  

Last edited by It is Fake; 10/18/2010 10:48am at .

Administrator

Posted On:
    10/18/2010 11:06am

staff

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Last edited by It is Fake; 10/18/2010 11:33am at .
Page 8 of 10 FirstFirst ... 45678 910 LastLast