Stillness is death

Posted On:
    10/17/2010 6:23pm

Business Class Supporting Member
     NY Combat Sambo Style: combat sambo

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by HereBeADragon View Post
    This is a reasonable hypothesis but it is also worth noting that Sonnon has many students in Bellingham and an equally reasonable hypothesis is this could be one of them either trying to defend his (or her) teacher or stirring up **** on his behalf.
    Quite right. You are one of his students are you not?

Administrator

Posted On:
    10/17/2010 6:32pm

staff
     Style: xingyi

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Since this is inevitably going to be discussed there are two reasons why this was moved.

Right now, it is a derail because, you are pointing out flaws instead of helping. Sponsors can see IP addresses and see where they are from. You are correct that "students" can be pot stirring. Then again I can check further and whoever posted from the coachsonnon account also has a spam account banned and labeled CST which, is an abbreviation for one of Sonnon's programs. As was stated in the thread "therma" is tied to RMAX through an email, which has a specific name, and that person was in Colorado according to posts on Sonnon's on website. Now, he could have moved to the exact city as Scott. This is why the questions were asked. We allow people to defend themselves, as well as there students, minus any purposeful falsehood.

The original post on bullshido, with the letter, is from 2008. It is from the WWG forum. Now, if you want to help, you can search for that post and contact the poster or, you can do as SamboSteve stated and contact them for clarification.

Posted On:
    10/17/2010 6:35pm

Style: Limalama, Judo & BJJ

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by sambosteve View Post
    The contact info for Amma's group is listed in this thread and you are certainly free to write to them and clarify if you like.
    I am trying to stay out of a direct investigation in this matter since I am connected with the person being investigated. I also think it would be better for the person who already has contected them to follow up on the reply.

Quite right. You are one of his students are you not?
    Yes I am. I am also a certified instructor in the system. Your point is?

Posted On:
    10/17/2010 6:38pm

Join us... or die
     Style: sambo/crossfit

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by theotherserge View Post
    I guess that the standard for Mensa is pretty low these days...
    ok, I thought I'd lost my touch...didn't know that quality posts like mine were getting culled ;-)
    Many things we do naturally become difficult only when we try to make them intellectual subjects. It is possible to know so much about a subject that you become totally ignorant.
    -Mentat Text Two (dicto)

Stillness is death

Posted On:
    10/17/2010 6:40pm

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by HereBeADragon View Post
    I am trying to stay out of a direct investigation in this matter since I am connected with the person being investigated. I also think it would be better for the person who already has contected them to follow up on the reply.

Yes I am. I am also a certified instructor in the system. Your point is?
    Actually, it would be better for someone else to do it as it would be an independent verification (or not) of the original interaction.

No point other than to make clear that you have connection to sonnon. No accusations.

Posted On:
    10/17/2010 6:40pm

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by It is Fake View Post
    Since this is inevitably going to be discussed there are two reasons why this was moved.

Right now, it is a derail because, you are pointing out flaws instead of helping. Sponsors can see IP addresses and see where they are from. You are correct that "students" can be pot stirring. Then again I can check further and whoever posted from the coachsonnon account also has a spam account banned and labeled CST which, is an abbreviation for one of Sonnon's programs. As was stated in the thread "therma" is tied to RMAX through an email, which has a specific name, and that person was in Colorado according to posts on Sonnon's on website. Now, he could have moved to the exact city as Scott. This is why the questions were asked. We allow people to defend themselves, as well as there students, minus any purposeful falsehood.

The original post on bullshido, with the letter, is from 2008. It is from the WWG forum. Now, if you want to help, you can search for that post and contact the poster or, you can do as SamboSteve stated and contact them for clarification.
    I've got no problem with this being moved. If you have direct information about who is behind therma than you know what to do about the situation far better than I do. As for the followup I suggested. I was not sure who had originally posted that letter or when. I do belive it should be checkout but I also feel that my direct involvement with Sonnon makes it problematic for me to be actively getting involved with the investigation.

Posted On:
    10/17/2010 6:42pm

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Actually, it would be better for someone else to do it as it would be an independent verification (or not) of the original interaction.

No point other than to make clear that you have connection to sonnon. No accusations.
    No worries then. Just making sure I was not misunderstanding anything or backing myself into a corner again.

Administrator

Posted On:
    10/17/2010 6:44pm

staff
     Style: xingyi

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    One of the links in MABS basically says do it yourself and quit whining. Asking if you have a connection shows, you aren't being a typical lazy poster complaining about the direction of a MABS thread.

Stillness is death

Posted On:
    10/17/2010 6:49pm

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Brian, if Sonnon created an account here using your name, without your knowledge, how would you feel?

Posted On:
    10/17/2010 6:56pm

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    I would be disappointed in him and I would confront him about it.
Page 6 of 10 FirstFirst ... 23456 78910 LastLast