Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
Sponsored Links Spacer Image

Posted On:
    1/11/2012 9:50am

Join us... or die
     Style: mma /boxing/muai thai

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    We don't know the guy. So we dont know if he is making the whole story up. Or part of it.
    We also dont know the ability of the attacker.

So we have nothing to judge his martial arts effectiveness on exept one random guy who says he won a streetfight.

hence the no evidence bit.

A lot of this forum is based on the idea that you have to prove what you say. So random noob stories of street deadlyness just dont work.

Light Heavyweight

Posted On:
    1/11/2012 10:24am

supporting member
     Style: BJJ, Wing Chun

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by StinkPalm View Post
    The good thing if you get to your second form or thu the dummy, you'll have some decent sensitivity developed which will compliment applying locks and maneuvering around someones body.
    No it won't. It won't help at all w/ applying locks or mobility on the ground. There are things that it does or CAN help with...but neither of these examples are relevant at all.

Posted On:
    1/11/2012 6:12pm

Bullshido Newbie
     Style: WingChun/Kali/tid bits

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    @grega- Ok I see where they're coming from. I suppose if you didn't see the conflict and it wasn't in a sport setting, there is no way to know for sure. However, it beggs the argument if you didn't see it, did it happen?
    All in all, people only have to prove to themselves what works and what doesn't.

@Southpaw- Sorry, I shoulda said "in my opinion," not all WC is nor is taught alike. For me, sensitivity and power direction that took away from WC helps my locks and holds immensely. All of my circular paths are much more acute.
    So, absolutely... for me.

Posted On:
    1/11/2012 6:32pm

Style: 5x5, 5.56mm

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by StinkPalm View Post
    Ok, maybe I'm missing something... From lol4lols account of his cousin defending himself, his cousin resolved the conflict, isn't that a successful self defense? I'm not saying it qualifies wing chun as an awesome art that everyone should do, just that he was successful in his defense utilizing what he knew.
    It may or may not be true. It holds as much water as me saying I killed three bouncers with Judo whilst drunk or something equally as daft.

And yes.
    What kind? I studied various types of the Chun for five years and it thought me nothing. It bad habits. It's possible that I haven't been taught the 'real' chin but seeing as its consistently **** for grappling I'm no holding my breath I missed the boat on the real deal.
    "Won't fight me in the ring? Don't fight me on the street."
    Paraphrased from Bullshido.

"You can't judge Martial Arts until you feel the joy of kicking someone in the face and not go to prison for it."
    Mrs Kovacs.

Posted On:
    1/11/2012 9:33pm

Bullshido Newbie
     Style: WingChun/Kali/tid bits

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Yeah I hear ya Kovacs, who knows if he's telling the truth or not.
    I'm sorry to hear of your WC experience; it isn't for everyone. It's important to find what works for you.
    I learned some jujitsu, locks, submissions, and take-downs stemming from sambo, ross, jj and hapkido. Hapkido helped with locks and take-downs.

Posted On:
    7/01/2012 6:04pm

Bullshido Newbie
     Style: CMA?

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    My favorite part of this thread is when the Aussie told about his mate using wing chun and then the MMA/BJJ guy jumped into the conversation...

Administrator

Posted On:
    7/01/2012 6:15pm

staff
     Style: xingyi

Hell yeah! Hell no!
    My favorite part of this thread is when the Aussie told about his mate using wing chun, then the MMA/BJJ guy jumped into the conversation... and the kung fu guy necro'ed a six month old thread to tell us he can read.
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123