Posted On:
    10/16/2010 2:57pm

Bullshido Newbie
     Style: Tiger Kung Fu

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!

Help with healing foot

Hello people of Bullshido!

A couple of months ago, I slipped and fell in a kitchen, and cracked the base of the forth Metacarpal in my foot. As of now, I'm capable to walk on in, go to work with it, etc.

My problem though dear readers, is that it's still not quite at 100%. I broke it back in July, and have been back on it since August. But, it's still really stiff in the morning, and I can't seem to get on my "tip-toes" as it were for more than a second without losing my balance and feeling some pain. Personally, I'm somewhat scared to practice kicks and other drills with it when it just gets sore from normal, everyday use.

I'm sure you guys have had broken bones before. Any workouts, or physical therapy you can recommend to help me out? I'd really appreciate it!

Posted On:
    10/16/2010 4:03pm

Style: Limalama, Judo & BJJ

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    How do you feel walking around barefoot? What kind of rehab have you done so far?

Posted On:
    10/18/2010 2:28pm

Join us... or die
     Style: FMA, Ego Warrior

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by Lioconvoy View Post
    Hello people of Bullshido!

A couple of months ago, I slipped and fell in a kitchen, and cracked the base of the forth Metacarpal in my foot. As of now, I'm capable to walk on in, go to work with it, etc.

My problem though dear readers, is that it's still not quite at 100%. I broke it back in July, and have been back on it since August. But, it's still really stiff in the morning, and I can't seem to get on my "tip-toes" as it were for more than a second without losing my balance and feeling some pain. Personally, I'm somewhat scared to practice kicks and other drills with it when it just gets sore from normal, everyday use.

I'm sure you guys have had broken bones before. Any workouts, or physical therapy you can recommend to help me out? I'd really appreciate it!
    A foot brace, cane, and many months of patience helped me the last time I was in you situation.

Registered Member

Posted On:
    10/18/2010 7:11pm

Style: Judo

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Look after it and be patient.