Sponsored Links Spacer Image

Posted On:
    10/14/2010 2:23pm

forum leader
     Style: BJJ/ MMA/ MT

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!

Heat Rash

Somewhat embarrassing topic, being the overweight, active person living in a warm humid climate that includes swimming in the ocean, I often develop heat rash at the top of my inner thigh and groin due to the fat rubbing. It sucks, makes simple walking painful and has in the past developed into a fungal infection that had me literally spread eagled in front of a fan directed at my crotch for a week, unable to move (laugh it up, fellas, laugh it up). This has not happened in a long time due to meticulous hygiene practises such as changing underwear twice a day on particularly humid days and applying the appropriate topical cream when needed. I have also taken salt water baths, even though I can develop the rash while swimming in the ocean, it is the friction which causes it.

I have used unperfumed baby powder in an attempt to thwart the development of the heat rash, however this method seems hit and miss. I am also thinking of buying some of those rash vest style shorts that double as muscle vibration reducers, along the lines of the tops I wear during no gi, but, ****, they are expensive.

Does anyone have any experience with this, the bane of my existence? What remedies do you use? Any comment on the efficacy of those shorts?

Posted On:
    10/14/2010 2:49pm

forum leader
     Style: BJJ/ MMA/ MT

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Lose weight, fatty.

Now that's out the way...

Posted On:
    10/14/2010 3:13pm

Join us... or die
     Style: BJJ

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by battlefields View Post
    Lose weight, fatty.

Now that's out the way...
    Dang it that was my top choice.
    I feel for you I am not even all that heavy 5'8 at 170lbs and I run into these issues myself but probably not quite as often.
    I suggest looking into wicking underwear

Registered Member

Posted On:
    10/15/2010 12:36am

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by battlefields View Post
    Somewhat embarrassing topic, being the overweight, active person living in a warm humid climate that includes swimming in the ocean, I often develop heat rash at the top of my inner thigh and groin due to the fat rubbing. It sucks, makes simple walking painful and has in the past developed into a fungal infection that had me literally spread eagled in front of a fan directed at my crotch for a week, unable to move (laugh it up, fellas, laugh it up). This has not happened in a long time due to meticulous hygiene practises such as changing underwear twice a day on particularly humid days and applying the appropriate topical cream when needed. I have also taken salt water baths, even though I can develop the rash while swimming in the ocean, it is the friction which causes it.

I have used unperfumed baby powder in an attempt to thwart the development of the heat rash, however this method seems hit and miss. I am also thinking of buying some of those rash vest style shorts that double as muscle vibration reducers, along the lines of the tops I wear during no gi, but, ****, they are expensive.

Does anyone have any experience with this, the bane of my existence? What remedies do you use? Any comment on the efficacy of those shorts?

I'm just coming out of a week of the same thing. I feel your Pain.

Can you get hold of sudocream? its for mild burns, nappy rash that sort of thing.
    You put it on a few times a day and it really cools things down, it stays on and it can get messy but it is really good stuff. Highly Recomended.

I know its marketed at babies, but like you said when things get err fungal thats what the doc said to use when its still at the early stages, and keep washing and keep area dry.
    Last edited by superangryfish; 10/15/2010 12:40am at .

Transmaniacon MC

Posted On:
    10/15/2010 2:44am

supporting member

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Boxer briefs to minimize, and baby powder to treat.

Posted On:
    10/15/2010 3:34am

Style: mma /boxing/muai thai

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    I had this over my entire body and I shoved almost every pill product and powder into me that I could find by the end of it. FNQ can suck sometimes.
    Compression clothing helped. Cheap at big W
    3 b cream
    http://www.femail.com.au/3b-action-cream.htm

Is possibly the best product I have used for that chafing sweat rash that you are talking about.(so comon here you can walk funny into a chemist and they just point you to a jar of the stuff laughing)

otherwise fan on. aircon on . cold showers.
    Give me a day or so and I could find all the stuff that dosent do anything.

Registered Member

Posted On:
    10/18/2010 2:42am

Style: BJJ, Judo

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by gregaquaman View Post
    I had this over my entire body and I shoved almost every pill product and powder into me that I could find by the end of it. FNQ can suck sometimes.
    Compression clothing helped. Cheap at big W
    3 b cream
    http://www.femail.com.au/3b-action-cream.htm

Is possibly the best product I have used for that chafing sweat rash that you are talking about.(so comon here you can walk funny into a chemist and they just point you to a jar of the stuff laughing)

otherwise fan on. aircon on . cold showers.
    Give me a day or so and I could find all the stuff that dosent do anything.
    QFT That 3b action cream is awesome really helps me get through summer.