Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 12 3456 LastLast
Sponsored Links Spacer Image

When I Get Back

Posted On:
    10/14/2010 10:15am

supporting member

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    if you analyze Oscar Wilde, one might surmise that without the critic, there is no need for the artist.

Registered Member

Posted On:
    10/14/2010 10:26am

Style: Baguazhang

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by Fu-Jow View Post
    The school teaches Bagua and Tai Chi as well as self defense. Baguazhang is one of the 3 internal styles. Most people have never heard of it , let alone know anything about it. Those that claim they do....don`t. Just like Tai-Chi. Everyone thinks they know what Tai Chi is... but they don`t. I`ve seen so called instructors come to class and they find out very quickly that they don`t know anything about it.
    Come on, the we have the *real* insert kung fu style and no one else does routine gets old and makes you look ignorant. While I would agree with you at some level that CMA is mostly watered down these days, there are still some intact systems around if you have the desire and/or luck to find someone to teach you. Most of these older generation teachers and their students do not have commercial schools so they are generally not known to the public.

I'm not passing judgement on the school. I think that its long history dating back to the 60's is a positive. However, I do have some questions. If what you say is true about the school primarily focusing on bagua, then why is bagua not listed on the website, except for a small snippet under "Private Lessons?" Nor is a lineage for the bagua or even the yang taiji.

And why is the school named "Tiger Claw" if it is a primarily a bagua school?

edit: I was originally responding to this in a MABS thread. Looks like IIF beat me to it with the cull and title change.
    Last edited by Kobayashi; 10/14/2010 10:43am at .

Posted On:
    10/14/2010 11:09am

Bullshido Newbie
     Style: Baguazhang, Tai-Chi

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    The word critic does fall under both. You are correct. But tell me this:...the one that is not informed is just an opinion and nothing more than foolish comment isn't it?. Foolish comments aren't worth the time. That is the context. If everyone who listened to the foolish critcs just took what they said without an intelligent observation for themselves,...their wouldn't be anyone that is successful.
    Remember.... the conversation was about Martial Arts and info on a particular school. Peoples comments were ill informed and I responded from an informed position. Tell me,..do live in Wpg,.. attend the school,....or know anything about it???? I didn't think so. I rest my case.

Registered Member

Posted On:
    10/14/2010 11:37am

Style: Limalama

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    You`ld be surprised on the street how people who would have normally confronted you that don`t even know you......won`t bother if they get a wif of where you train....and that`s not BS.
    How is that possible? If the people on this site who have only trained a little while haven't trained enough to see how super deadly your style is, how is average joe jackoff going to know to stay away?

Posted On:
    10/14/2010 11:38am

Bullshido Newbie

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    I just saw someone elses reply in regards to the name and such. The name of a school means nothing. It can reflect the name of the art or not. Again the context is......if we believe everyone out their.... on the basis of the sign that hangs out front or that they even know what they are doing or teaching is legit ..we as consumers are really fooling ourselves.
    C'mon guys,... there are so many people in this industry that are fakes. Isnt't that one of the reasons you started this sight....because of all the BS as you put it. Now people criticize someone who gives honest info to someone askiing a question. UNREAL
    You just said that old schools as I'll put it don't really advertise and are not generally known to the public. Read your question or observation over again. You just asked why it is not advertised as a BAGUA school or mentioned in its' name. That answers your question. If you polled people in Wpg as to whether the school was a BAGUA school or not,...they WOULD NOT KNOW. I do it all the time. No one for the most part has ever heard of BAGUA. In this forum...maybe ....the general population.... NO. That is won of the beauties of the school. There never has been advertising such as other schools, yet has thrived for decades. That is almost a contrdiction is business...isn't it?? Is it making sense yet?
    It is an absolute GEM in Wpg. I'm glad everyone and his dog aren't there!

Light Heavyweight

Posted On:
    10/14/2010 11:41am

supporting member
     Style: Short Fist Boxing

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    "Tai Chi is NOT some slow dance or exercise as everyone thinks. You would be very surprised as to what the movements really are and what they do to an opponent! That... you will not learn anywhere else. " -Fu-Jow

Really?

No wonder you have been getting ripped off for so long. lol
    " If one wants to have a friend one must also want to wage war for him: and to wage war one must be capable of being an enemy." - Fr. Nietzsche 'On The Friend' Thus Spake Zarathustra

Posted On:
    10/14/2010 11:51am

Bullshido Newbie

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    It not about staying away. Remember agression was spoken of from the perpetrators side not someone from the school. One should not conduct him or herslf in that manner. If one is of that side of society going around challenging people or mugging people I guess they better hope that their target is someone they can beat. That comment was about the streets of Wpg and that the school is very well known.

Actual Photo

Posted On:
    10/14/2010 11:59am

supporting member
     Style: Recovery-Fu

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    It not about staying away. Remember agression was spoken of from the perpetrators side not someone from the school. One should not conduct him or herslf in that manner. If one is of that side of society going around challenging people or mugging people I guess they better hope that their target is someone they can beat. That comment was about the streets of Wpg and that the school is very well known.
    Is English your second language?

I am asking this to clarify my understanding, not to be a dick. I cannot follow your posts. Out of the hundreds of posts, blogs, articles, pages, and threads I read every day rarely do I hit such a stumbling block.

Maybe it is because you refuse to use the quote function. I don't honestly know.

I have to work VERY hard to write clear and concise posts myslef. Sadly enough English is my FIRST language.

So I understand not being good at written communication.
    Quote Originally Posted by Bodhi108 View Post
    Nuke a unborn gay whale for Christ.
    I don't mean to sound bitter, cold, or cruel, but I am, so that's how it comes out.
    BILL HICKS,
    1961-1994

Posted On:
    10/14/2010 12:00pm

supporting member
     Style: Taijiquan/Shuai-Chiao/BJJ

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    I just saw someone elses reply in regards to the name and such. The name of a school means nothing. It can reflect the name of the art or not. Again the context is......if we believe everyone out their.... on the basis of the sign that hangs out front or that they even know what they are doing or teaching is legit ..we as consumers are really fooling ourselves.
    So what you're saying is that despite training at the school for thirty years, you don't know why they call it Tiger Claw either.

Can you put up a video of you doing some palm changes? Walking the circle a bit? It's not so much that I doubt the school at this point that I wonder if you're the local hunchbacked imbecile they allow to pantomime the teachers in the corner in exchange for scrubbing out the toilets and sweeping up after Timmy's Kung-Fu Birthday Party.
Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 12 3456 LastLast