Achievements:
    3 months registered

Posted On:
    4/29/2011 12:49am

Bullshido Newbie
     Style: Mixed combative art

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Being a little short guy, I use stance changes to increase my effective range. For example, in a right foot forward stance, step the left foot in front while throwing a right hand.

Yours truly

Achievements:
    Three FriendsYour first GroupRecommendation Second Class1 year registered5000 Experience Points

Posted On:
    4/29/2011 6:11pm

Business Class Supporting Member
     PDS Rifles Style: Univ. Florida Kickboxing

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Perhaps not the OP, but I think most of these posts come from "Man I get so frustrating sparring with southpaws#@!$@!%$ should I switch??"

I personally have no problem sparring either southpaws or orthodox, given equal skill level. Though I'm much more experienced in sparring orthodox fighters from my southpaw stance, I find it that the techniques fall in place easier when its SP v SP. It starts to become a non-issue, and I imagine as you get into the mastery zone of striking then it starts to count.

Other than that I have no input. I am not at the level where I feel like I can selectively use switched stances to consciously confuse my opponent or anything. it usually happens when I step in or I get circled by my opponent, and sometimes I just choose to stay in that stance because I'm desperate to get a shot in.
    Last edited by dwkfym; 4/29/2011 6:20pm at .
    www.pdsrifles.com Add us on facebook!
    Parts and Accessories
    Law Enforcement Firearms

Registered Member

Achievements:
    3 months registered

Posted On:
    5/01/2011 9:44am

Style: Boxing

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    I also believe that switching stances is a gimmick, better left for the pro fighters in order to confuse the other guy. I dont see the point in switching stances during a sparring session' as a southpaw I usually have an easier time when the other guy also turns to a southpaw stance.
Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 23456