Page 5 of 6 First 123456 Last
  1. #41

    Join Date
    Sep 2010
    Posts
    49
    --
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by WhiteShark View Post
    O RLY? Do tell. Note the part about in kicking range. Seriously, I'm curious what footwork you'd prescribe to avoid the dreaded crossed leg cut kick of doom.
    Could you elaborate? I've never been caught by one of those before, and I can't really picture it in my head

  2. #42

    Join Date
    Jun 2007
    Posts
    421
    --
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by Masaka! View Post
    Could you elaborate? I've never been caught by one of those before, and I can't really picture it in my head
    When you switch stances, at some point in time your legs will be very close together -- perhaps even crossed. That precise moment is when your opponent will kick both legs out from under you.

    One moment later, you will land on the back of your head.

  3. #43
    WhiteShark's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2003
    Location
    Atlanta GA
    Posts
    9,167
    --
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by Cannon_6 View Post
    When you switch stances, at some point in time your legs will be very close together -- perhaps even crossed. That precise moment is when your opponent will kick both legs out from under you.

    One moment later, you will land on the back of your head.
    Exactly. Even the best switch stance fighters in the world like Anderson Silva don't switch on the inside. You may be able to find videos of the very top guys switching in the middle of a hard combination but that is still the vast minority of the time.

  4. #44

    Join Date
    Sep 2010
    Posts
    49
    --
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    ahh, i see it now. does this apply to the shuffling of the legs usually done to confuse the opponent as well?

  5. #45

    Join Date
    Jun 2007
    Posts
    421
    --
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by Masaka! View Post
    ahh, i see it now. does this apply to the shuffling of the legs usually done to confuse the opponent as well?
    Yes.

    If you're referring to the back-forth-back-forth-back-forth foot shuffling while standing in front of your opponent... please, don't ever do that. It's not confusing -- it's showboating, and you might just get the snot beaten out of you for it.

  6. #46

    Join Date
    Sep 2010
    Posts
    49
    --
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    not even a little? :/

  7. #47
    WhiteShark's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2003
    Location
    Atlanta GA
    Posts
    9,167
    --
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Why don't I ever get to spar people like this? /drool

  8. #48

    Join Date
    Sep 2010
    Posts
    49
    --
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    LOL seriously, does it not have any value at all? and come on, im still a kid

  9. #49
    WhiteShark's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2003
    Location
    Atlanta GA
    Posts
    9,167
    --
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Outside of a Popeye cartoon it has no value at all. None. Zero. Zilch. Nada.

  10. #50

    Join Date
    Apr 2007
    Location
    West Virginia
    Posts
    518
    --
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Sometimes you have to. That's when you switch stances.

    Within kicking range, it is never the time you have to switch stances.

Page 5 of 6 First 123456 Last

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  

Log in

Log in
Single Sign On provided by vBSSO