Page 1 of 3 1 23 LastLast
Sponsored Links Spacer Image

Decafinated white belt.

Posted On:
    11/13/2002 10:48pm

Style: BJJ

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    I've heard of a lot of them, but the only two that I have seen and understand the principles of are the knee bar (done like an armbar on the elbow) and a foot lock where pressure is put down on the instep and up on the achelles tendon to attack the ankle...

Anybody knowledgable about them?

<Me> John, what do you know about Zen Buddhism? <John> *smacks me*
    <John> I'd have to smack you sometime...
    Katana, on 540 kicks: "Hang from a ceiling fan with both hands. Flail your feet out and ask people to walk into you as you hit their face."
  2. Michael

Posted On:
    11/13/2002 11:10pm

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    knowledge of them....hehhehehehehehhehehe....

Half boston>flip opponnent over from ankle lock position and bend leg toward buttocks (looks like a scorpion. Take supporting knee and drive it into opponents knee crook while hanging backwards toward opponnents head.

Heel Hook>slip blade of inside forearm around achilles tendon, cocunut grab torque away from body in scissor hold. When locked turn body to opposite shoulder...I think Peedee has a better discription for this one.

Toe hold>grab foot, figure four opposite arm around leg for leverage, torque toes toward buttocks.

Dead lift or Calf lock>too hard to describe but it seperates the knee...

nearside leg key>in side control position (top), hook near foot in your knee crook and lift up and away while grabbing there other leg forcing them to do a bent split....wish I had pictures for this one.

Farside leg key>use your arms to implement this one from 1/4 guard.

There are also 6 different variations to the knee/leg bar...

Hope this is enough....

Two guys walk into a bar....ouch that's gotta hurt.

Registered Member

Posted On:
    11/13/2002 11:17pm

Style: Dynamic Combat,TaeKwondo,Judo,Submission Grappling

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    That's a good explination michael. There's also one, that's one of my faves, called the folded knee squeeze. You have the guy's leg between yours with his shin on your groin area. You put either forearm behind in the bend of his knee as tight as you can. You lay back and figure-4 your legs around the leg you've trapped, trying to press his heel to his butt while clasping your hands and pulling towards yourself putting pressure on the knee joint.
    You can also do this if a guy tries to bend his leg to escape a knee bar.
    I love leg locks. I've beaten a couple brown and black belts with them.

Edited by - DCM Fighter on November 13 2002 22:18:42
  4. Michael

Posted On:
    11/13/2002 11:19pm

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    That would be the dead lift or calf lock, I could'nt figure out how to explain it but you've done perfect.....

Decafinated white belt.

Posted On:
    11/13/2002 11:36pm

Style: BJJ

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    hmm, thanks...
    I've heard of "twisting knee locks" - are those when you twist the ankle and the knee joint is what ends up taking the strain, not the ankle? From some "experimentation" I found that torqing the toes inwards (to other foot) puts strain on the ankle, and the other way around tens to put it on the knee, but I may (probably) be mistaken...

<Me> John, what do you know about Zen Buddhism? <John> *smacks me*
    <John> I'd have to smack you sometime...
    Katana, on 540 kicks: "Hang from a ceiling fan with both hands. Flail your feet out and ask people to walk into you as you hit their face."

Registered Member

Posted On:
    11/13/2002 11:37pm

Style: Dynamic Combat,TaeKwondo,Judo,Submission Grappling

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Oh ok. I was thinking that you were explaining the calf squeese, like the acheleis lock, but just done on the calf.

Registered Member

Posted On:
    11/14/2002 10:59pm

Style: TKD, soon BJJ JUDO

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    LEG LOCKS ARE GREAT STUFF. WORK WELL ALSO DO KNEE LOCKS AND ANKLE LOCKS.

Today impossible, Tomarrow Possible
    Grand Master H.U. Lee
  8. 9chambers

Posted On:
    11/14/2002 11:25pm

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    I posted this on another thread a while back, hope it makes sense. Its just like the half-Boston Crab only you are facing the guy and using an arm or leg as a leverage bar inside his knee joint. ::

- - -

Hold his left leg against your hip/ribs with one arm wrapped over it - (for the purpose of illustration I picked your right arm - I am left handed) Your right arm is hooked over his left leg.

Then quickly sweep your left arm over his knee and around outside the leg and under that knee as you step to raise your right knee up under his left leg and twist to your left. Meanwhile switch your arm that is holding his calf from an overhook to an underhook (or just pull it with the overhook if you like that better or don't have the control to switch it) on the inside of his calf.

Keep control of the leg and move both arms together to do this fast. (If you lose control a little a good tug or lift on his left leg might get it back but watch his right leg - and remember you can strike his balls or the knee you have pinned with a hook punch from your left fist)

Your left forearm arm should end up trapped inside his knee joint for leverage as it bends. As you twist his leg towards that arm (with your right arm holding his calf area pulling his leg against your chest) begin pressing forward on his shin area with your chest and shoulder.

Dive/lean forward on his leg as you twist him so that he rolls onto his belly. (His right leg will be going under him fast) Then let up the pressure slightly for a moment while you swing your left calf in over his right knee to replace your arm inside his joint.

Hook his knee over your upper calf as you free your left arm and push his right shin/calf back down with your chest, holding his leg in place with your arms. Twist his ankle if you need more control. Pin that leg down with pressure from your chest and your left arm, and grab at the other leg with your right arm.

If you can, fold his right leg over his left shin/ankle and pin them both in place. (Grab his pants, waist or thighs if you need more leverage) If you can't fold his second leg then just wrap it and hold it close to yours body or step over it with your right knee or leg.

He should be locked in position now. Pants him! Let girls take pictures of his hairy butt and then post them on the Internet.

If he continues to resist and you fear losing control then press forward further and injure his knee, or twist his foot at the ankle and injure it, or check his oil, or blast away at his spine, or reach up and grab his hair and work your way up the body to slam his head into the ground and follow up with strikes to the back of his neck and head or a choke.

If he swings his arms back grab them. You could end up with an arm bar, a wrist lock or a chicken wing to climb up him with.. or to injure him.

It would be funny to see somebody go for the guard and the other guy flip them over into the Boston Crab or something WWF style. The Walls of Jericho! The Figure 4!! Wooooo!
  9. Michael

Posted On:
    11/14/2002 11:28pm

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Hey 9Chambers, I did the Half-boston 6 years ago to this BJJ Blue belt during a tournament. I wish I kept the picture you would have loved it.....

My guns bigger than Scrapper's!

Posted On:
    11/18/2002 10:01am

supporting member
     Style: Kakutogi

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    The half boston is also called the scorpion hold.

I've seen it done(and done it myself) on pple in the guard but not as pretty like on WWE.

Xiao Ao Jiang Hu Zhi Dong Fang Bu Bai (Laughing Proud Warrior Invinsible Asia) Emporer of Baji!!! THE FIRST LINE OF DEFENSE AGAINST THE UNITED AUSSIE FRONT!!
    ______
    Xiao Ao Jiang Hu Zhi Dong Fang Bu Bai (Laughing Proud Warrior Invincible Asia) Dark Emperor of Baji!!!

RIP SOLDIER

Didn't anyone ever tell him a fat man could never be a ninja
    -Gene, GODHAND

You can't practice Judo just to win a Judo Match! You practice so that no matter what happens, you can win using Judo!
    The key to fighting two men at once is to be much tougher than both of them.
    -Daniel Tosh
Page 1 of 3 1 23 LastLast