Sponsored Links Spacer Image

12th level logic wielder

Posted On:
    10/13/2010 6:54pm

Style: BJJ, judo, rapier

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by mrbigglesworth View Post
    From a naturopathic perspective (i am a registered holistic nutritional consultant,studying to be a naturopath now)
    My condolences.
    Glucosamine, chondroitin, msm, omega 3, celadrin... These will all help rebuild and condition your joints
    Citation needed.

Everything I’ve read suggests, for starters, that glucosamine doesn’t work. I gather that omega-3 oils do have anti-inflammatory properties, which is good (but won’t rebuild or “condition” joints). I have no idea about the rest, but would personally judge your recommendations from the perspective that you’ve already recommended something useless.

As far as I know, joints cannot be “rebuilt”—unless you replace them with artificial ones, which is probably not a route the OP wants to go. Take care of them. Don’t do things that hurt them, and get medical advice before pushing through any more sets. As far as I know, they’re the only set of joints you’ll get.
    [ petterhaggholm.net | blog | essays ]
    [ self defence: general thoughts | bjj: “don’t go to the ground”? ]
    “The plural of anecdote is anecdotes, not data.”

Registered Member

Posted On:
    10/13/2010 7:33pm

Style: jiujitsu, karate, shorinj

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    By joints i mean cartilage sorry... Your condolences? I'm an ex paramedic who happens to know alot about the truth of the medical world... Do some proper research. Keep your condolences, trust me i'm okay. 99% chance is that all your research is medical based. But That's okay let our man do his research and let's hope he gets better.

POWERRR!

Posted On:
    10/13/2010 10:13pm

Join us... or die
     Style: Boxing.MMA

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    This might help with form. Sitting too high on a squat with your back at a vertical angle might also put more on the knees

YouTube - Mark Rippetoe: Fixing the Squat: Hip Drive
    "The hero and the coward both feel the same thing, but the hero projects his fear onto his opponent while the coward runs. 'Fear'. It's the same thing, but it's what you do with it that matters". - Cus D'Amato
    Spoiler:

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12