Sponsored Links Spacer Image

Nothing for Show, All for use

Posted On:
    10/19/2010 2:23am

supporting member
     Style: Jook Lum South Mantis,

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Yes, you can learn Iron Palm in one weekend. I will give you both the beginning and intermediate stages of training. You get me for over 2 hours of private one on one training, you get my DVD which covers all the foundational skills, you get a bag of herbs to make 2 galllons of medicine, a training bag, and two bottles of iron palm medicine already to use.

Let me know if and when you would like to come up a for a weekend. I am away in June for a martial arts training camp and taiji gala.

Let me know how I can be of service to you.

Middleweight

Posted On:
    10/19/2010 5:40am

Business Class Supporting Member
     New York MMA Examiner Style: magic FUCKING powers!

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Since this thread was bumped anyway I figured I'd ask something that I've always been curious about.

I remember years ago when I first got on to the board I asked some questions about the active ingredients in a dit da jow and how it worked better than say just numbing the area with alcohol and then putting a moisturizer over it.

If I remember correctly, Dale was reluctant to answer on a public board as a thorough answer would probably involve spilling some trade secrets.

I was wondering if there was any way to get some more information on how a good jow works. Maybe just a list of all the specific things a jow does if you can't list the exact chemical components.

I'm not doubting that it works, by the way. I'm just curious as to if and how it works better than some common remedies found in drug stores (bengay, icy hot, ect.)

Posted On:
    10/19/2010 6:53am

supporting member

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    In a good Dit Da Jow formula you are going to find herbs that move blood, this will help with the dead blood that is pooling in the injured area. It will also help move the dead cells out and help fresh blood move throughout the injured area.

There are herbs that kill pain, Yan Hu Sou is a very good herb for pain but you have to be careful and not dose yourself with it. Putting 3 pounds of it in a jow formula is not good as it will raise your liver enzymes. Most of the strong pain killing herbs in the Chinese Materia Medica are toxic if ingested or allowed into the blood stream, hence my hesitating about talking about certain herbs. You can make some very strong medicines but you can also kill yourself and others if you have no clue as to how to prepare these herbs safely.

Most good formulas are balanced. Herbs to move blood, herbs to help with the pain, herbs to tonify the blood as you have lost some of your volume in the injury at hand and also you could have lost some blood getting hit and passing it through your intestines or bladder.

Most of what is out there commercially is crap.

Watered down crap that is not all the strong enough to really do what it is supposed to do.

There are formulas for feet with herbs that lead the other herbs down, formulas that are for the upper body, middle of the body. You can get all manner of specific using traditional methods in formulating your medicines.

Posted On:
    10/19/2010 7:41am

Join us... or die

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by Dale Dugas View Post
    In a good Dit Da Jow formula you are going to find herbs that move blood, this will help with the dead blood that is pooling in the injured area. It will also help move the dead cells out and help fresh blood move throughout the injured area.

There are herbs that kill pain, Yan Hu Sou is a very good herb for pain but you have to be careful and not dose yourself with it. Putting 3 pounds of it in a jow formula is not good as it will raise your liver enzymes. Most of the strong pain killing herbs in the Chinese Materia Medica are toxic if ingested or allowed into the blood stream, hence my hesitating about talking about certain herbs. You can make some very strong medicines but you can also kill yourself and others if you have no clue as to how to prepare these herbs safely.

Most good formulas are balanced. Herbs to move blood, herbs to help with the pain, herbs to tonify the blood as you have lost some of your volume in the injury at hand and also you could have lost some blood getting hit and passing it through your intestines or bladder.

Most of what is out there commercially is crap.

Watered down crap that is not all the strong enough to really do what it is supposed to do.

There are formulas for feet with herbs that lead the other herbs down, formulas that are for the upper body, middle of the body. You can get all manner of specific using traditional methods in formulating your medicines.
    Listen to this man please!

There is a tendency for people in our society to be programmed about medicines. They blithly unconsciously believe that because something is natural that it is safe and not strong.

Real Herbal formulas are not the sanitized lip balm one sees in a tiger balm container haha. A lot of the formulas I see and that I was given for Gout are tinctured and look like an ooze with an attitude.
    This thread never was a high quality conversation - My friend vern Gilbert on the William Acquier thread.

The fight in question having started over who owns which piece of rubble. Nicko1;2233174 On the Acquier Kim Fiasco slash thread.

Registered Member

Posted On:
    10/19/2010 8:09am

Style: Limalama

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by Dale Dugas View Post
    Yes, you can learn Iron Palm in one weekend. I will give you both the beginning and intermediate stages of training. You get me for over 2 hours of private one on one training, you get my DVD which covers all the foundational skills, you get a bag of herbs to make 2 galllons of medicine, a training bag, and two bottles of iron palm medicine already to use.

Let me know if and when you would like to come up a for a weekend. I am away in June for a martial arts training camp and taiji gala.

Let me know how I can be of service to you.
    That sounds awesome, how much would the whole package cost if you don't mind my asking?

Posted On:
    10/19/2010 4:10pm

supporting member

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    The whole package is $299.00

You can click on my business link and then find Baguazhang and Iron Skills classes and find the links on my store.

Let me know how I can be of service.

Registered Member

Posted On:
    10/19/2010 5:03pm

Style: Ju-Jitsu/BJJ/Judo

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Dale, I live in Sarasota; please keep me posted on when you are moving here and setting up shop! You've been on my short list of people I would like to meet, for quite awhile. Let me know if there is anything I can do to help you get set up and settled in; I've lived her for over thirty years, and have trained and run my own dojo here.

My cell is 941-730-5649.

Jeff Cook

Posted On:
    10/20/2010 2:15am

supporting member

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Thanks Jeff!

PMed you and emailed as well.

Be well, brother.

Registered Member

Posted On:
    10/20/2010 2:38am

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by Dsimon3387 View Post
    There is a tendency for people in our society to be programmed about medicines. They blithly unconsciously believe that because something is natural that it is safe and not strong.

Real Herbal formulas are not the sanitized lip balm one sees in a tiger balm container haha. A lot of the formulas I see and that I was given for Gout are tinctured and look like an ooze with an attitude.
    I have actually heard that many of the over the counter "herbal remedies" are required to be watered down to remain "over the counter". That is, if they contained enough active ingredients to have an effect, then they would start to run into legal restrictions.

@Dale: I am somewhat sceptical about the whole "moving blood" thing, though fairness compels me to admit that I haven't tried it either. How do the herbs accomplish this? Do they soak through the skin? Dilate blood vessels?

Posted On:
    10/20/2010 3:50am

supporting member

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    I am rather biased as I am a 3rd year masters degree candidate at New England School of Acupuncture, but healthy skepticism is always good.

The herbs will be absorbed through the skin and the effect the blood.

Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 5 LastLast