Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 123 45 LastLast
Sponsored Links Spacer Image

Registered Member

Posted On:
    10/15/2010 4:55am

Style: Bagua,Xingyiquan

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Hey Dale where in Florida are you moving too?

Not to much Baguazhang in Florida and it is nice to have you join us.

Hopefully if you are not to far from Miami well hell if you are I would love to meet with you.

Have an excellent day.

Nothing for Show, All for use

Posted On:
    10/15/2010 6:47am

supporting member
     Style: Jook Lum South Mantis,

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    My aging parents are living in Sarasota and I will be opening a clinic there. So I am looking at surrounding areas to live in.

I will be making announcements when Im down there and invite all to come visit.

Posted On:
    10/15/2010 7:25am

Join us... or die
     Style: BJJ

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    I have to admit I am fairly skeptical, is their a place in the San Diego area?

Posted On:
    10/15/2010 8:07am

supporting member

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    There are no schools in CA at this time. The Jiulong Baguazhang Association has schools in Colorado, Ohio, Massachusetts, New Hampshire, North Carolina, Toronto Canada, Saskatoon Canada, London England.

For more information you can visit http://thegompa.wordpress.com/

Posted On:
    10/17/2010 2:25pm

Bullshido Newbie
     Style: self defense seminars

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    I took classes with "Master" Painter around 1979 - (his stage name used to be "Biff"). As a very gullible and impressionalble 20 year old I was initially under the spell of this charlatan. Back then his (invented) system was known as Tao Chi Chuan (not Tai Chi Chuan). He was an imposing and intimidating person - you did not question or inquire - you merely obeyed. TRUE STORY: one evening he was demonstrating his chi power - he went through his chi focusing hocus pocus, and then extinguished a candle that was on a sort of altar, located at least twenty feet across the room!!! WOW, right? Or not... The whole thing reeked of stage magic (of which he has a background). According to many of other past students I have crossed paths with across the years, Painter has become increasingly self deluded - he believes his own fabrications. A friend who has serious MA cred has seen much of the ephemera (photos, Chinese scrolls allegedly passing on this unknown and undocumented MA to Painter) around Painters studio, (as have many others) flat out says they are bullshit and pure fakery. Now Painter has some BS thing called the Gompa - these guys dress in ridiculous outfits from a bad 70's Hong Kong kung fooey movie and do some kind of imitation Ba Gua energy field nonsense. He has basically admitted on other sites that he was pretty much full of BS back in the day, but of course now he is legit. He is not respected in the local traditional martial arts community. Glad I got that off my chest! Anyways, at 52 I am now strictly interested in down and dirty self defense. Have been considering Krav Maga, but only today came across something called the Keysi Fighting Method. Anyone know anything about that. Thanks

Administrator

Posted On:
    10/17/2010 3:43pm

staff
     Style: xingyi

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!

Registered Member

Posted On:
    10/17/2010 4:01pm

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by zardoz666 View Post
    I took classes...TRUE STORY: one evening he was demonstrating his chi power...According to many of other past students I have crossed paths...A friend who has serious MA cred...
    None of this means anything without names.

Anyways, at 52 I am now strictly interested in down and dirty self defense.
    I have a suggestion (NSFW)...
    Spoiler:

Have been considering Krav Maga, but only today came across something called the Keysi Fighting Method. Anyone know anything about that. Thanks
    You should indeed consider both of these arts. At length. Somewhere else.

Registered Member

Posted On:
    10/17/2010 7:05pm

Style: Limalama

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    @ Dale

Can you recommend a good place to learn iron palm in texas?

Posted On:
    10/18/2010 12:20am

supporting member

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    You could contact Mike Leach, who is the office manager at the Gompa and inquire about learning it there as private lessons. Contact Mike at thegompa@aol.com tell him I asked you to contact them.

If you want to learn it from me, you would have to come up to Boston on a weekend.

Let me know how I can be of service.

Registered Member

Posted On:
    10/18/2010 2:27pm

Style: Limalama

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by Dale Dugas View Post
    You could contact Mike Leach, who is the office manager at the Gompa and inquire about learning it there as private lessons. Contact Mike at thegompa@aol.com tell him I asked you to contact them.

If you want to learn it from me, you would have to come up to Boston on a weekend.

Let me know how I can be of service.
    Would i be able to learn it in a weekend? Or at least enough to get me started? I have neither the time or the money as of now, but when summer hits i might be able to travel to learn.
Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 123 45 LastLast