Thread: In need of help

Style
    Judo
    --
    Hell yeah! Hell no!

In need of help

Hai guys!

I've been searching the interwebs as of late for a new Gi.

Now, I made the switch from BJJ back to JUDO and joined a club that kindly hosts in NYC. Now I decided to compete in a competition and what caught my attention is that I am still using my BJJ Gi. The JUDO guys dont mind and some of there children even use some of them.

I was looking at some MIZUNO gi's and was willing to splurg 180 dollars for a Mizuno Shiai GI " Including TAX + SHIPPING " But was told by instructors and fellow JUDOKA not too purchase something so expensive.

One of the members told me to try different Gi brands and alternate since this is my first real competition.

I need to find a retail store that really does carry these Gi's

FUJI - http://www.budovideos.com/shop/custo...cat=705&page=1

I took a liking to the FUJI Gi because it is completely single weaved down to the pants unlike my current one.

Any ideas?

I live in NYC and have access to MANHATTAN. HONDAMA does not carry the Mizuno Shiai Gi but at the same time feel they will charge me a buttload for the FUJI. Will be looking into other stores...

HELP!:sad5::sad5::sad5::sad5::sad5::sad5::sad5:

Style
    Judo
    --
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    get on ebay kind sir.

double weaved adidas champion gi.

yeah boi.

Style
    BJJ, Judo
    --
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Look up Piranha Gear online. Their Gi's are solid and affordable (you can pick up a good, durable double-weave gi from them for less than $90) and their customer service is top notch.

Style
    Judo
    --
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by rezonator939 View Post
    Look up Piranha Gear online. Their Gi's are solid and affordable (you can pick up a good, durable double-weave gi from them for less than $90) and their customer service is top notch.

Just sold my Mizuno singel weave and bought a Piranha gear "grappling double weave", very nice. I like the cut and feel of the gi very much, but the only other double weave I've tried is the Century "designed by Mike Swain" special so I don't have alot to compare it to.
    Last edited by bkuddy; 11/18/2010 9:14pm at . Reason: It cost 93.00 w/o shipping, got here quick too.