Registered Member

Posted On:
    10/11/2010 11:35am

Style: G-safe Krav Maga / TKD

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!

Combat Machine

I found the real d34dly! Hidden away on an old tripod site from 1998:

"Combat Machine" is a total fighting system oriented on survival in a fight against several armed assailants.

System include fighting in any range, against single or multiple opponents, usage of punches and kicks as well as grappleing techniques, joint locks etc., defence against weapons and usage of weapons or environmental tools. Special attention paid to survival tactics and to special psychological training, which allows switch of fighter's mind into "berserk" mode.

More at
    http://combatmachine.tripod.com/machin_e.htm

http://combatmachine.tripod.com/ground.gif

I used the search function to see if this hasnt been posted before. Couldnt find it. If it has, I humbly apologize and will do push-ups untill I puke. Which should be around 4 or 5.

Registered Member

Posted On:
    10/11/2010 1:28pm

Style: G-safe Krav Maga / TKD

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Damn tripod.

Some pics:

Registered Member

Posted On:
    10/11/2010 1:46pm

Style: BJJ

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    And the links to further reading and watching will make me totally ready to protect myself on the mean streets. My favorite is the picture of the hand with the all important bend in the wrist that everyone knows is crucial to throwing a good punch.

Down but Not Out
    Streetwise Tactics for Fighting on the Ground

by Marc "Animal" MacYoung
    This dynamic video teaches you the grim reality of floor fighting and shows you the secrets of being off your feet, on your ass, but still in control. Covers the fundamentals of balance, how to avoid going to the ground, how to fall on any surface without being injured, the secrets of protecting your vital areas when on the ground and ways to get back on your feet quickly and safely. You'll also learn why grappling moves that work on the mat can spell disaster in a back alley or on a barroom floor. Click here if you wish to order this tape.
    VHS Tape $29.95

Fists, Wits, and a Wicked Right
    Surviving on the Wild Side of the Street

by Marc "Animal" MacYoung
    "It's awareness, wits and fists that will keep you safe out there, not some fancy Oriental fighting form", says Animal. Here, he gets down to the fine points and brutal technicalities of blows and targeting - the critical stuff that will keep you from becoming dead meat. Click here if you wish to order this book. Paperback, illus., 152 pp. $11.20 (discount 30% - you save $4.80)

Registered Member

Posted On:
    10/11/2010 2:16pm

Style: Muay Thai

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Special attention paid to survival tactics and to special psychological training, which allows switch of fighter's mind into "berserk" mode.
    I haven't read the book (yet...) but I'm guessing that this training involves darkness, cold temperatures, and copious amounts of vodka.

I have emotions.

Posted On:
    10/11/2010 2:24pm

supporting member

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Marc "Animal" MacYoung is in fact legit.

Posted On:
    10/11/2010 2:30pm

Join us... or die
     Style: 柔道

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by Cannon_6 View Post
    I haven't read the book (yet...) but I'm guessing that this training involves darkness, cold temperatures, and copious amounts of vodka.
    The real Система?

Registered Member

Posted On:
    10/11/2010 2:31pm

Style: BJJ

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by Tranquil Suit View Post
    Not surprised that at least some of those experts have real skill, but the text and marketing of those tapes/products is usually grounds for some comic relief. I've little doubt that many of the authors of those texts could kick my face in. But hey...maybe that's just 'cause I haven't ordered the 500+ page Combat machine manual....and we're back on topic, sorry OP.

Registered Member

Posted On:
    10/11/2010 3:01pm

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by Tranquil Suit View Post

I'm not so sure about that especially after I read "Down But Not Out" The blurb above says it will teach you how NOT to go to the ground but there is nothing in there about a proper (or even half assed) sprawl or underhooks. Nothing about how to make a good take down of your own if only to reverse engineer them to better avoid or defeat them.

To sum up that particular book in two points

: Don't get taken down, avoid it at all costs. (If anyone wanted to know what MacYoung's Kryptonite was....)

: If you do end up on the ground get up ASAFP. (Again not much details on HOW other than a lame attempt at "tuck and roll")

This seems to have been compiled from the 1993 UFC non-grappling fighters playbook. "I don't want to fight on the ground therefor I won't end up there ever even when the other guy wants to."

I like MacYoung's writings and I have those two books plus one or two more. They're quite entertaining but not what I'd want to build a fighting technique on. For the $12-$16 cover price you'll get a few chuckles from the stories he writes but not much in the way of usefulness.

Much of his slamming of most TMA's and they're reliance on katas and forms would seem right at home here on Bullshido but when he wrote them it was before the first UFC's. For him to STILL be saying stuff like what's in the ground fighting book makes me suspect he's not all that. YMMV

Registered Member

Posted On:
    10/11/2010 3:05pm

Style: Working out

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by smokelaw1 View Post
    NI've little doubt that many of the authors of those texts could kick my face in.
    I doubt it, I don't think animal could kick that high anymore...

I have emotions.

Posted On:
    10/11/2010 3:14pm

supporting member

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!

So awesome. I too wanna have purple muscle tits and lack a mouth.

Here's MacYoung's site: http://www.nononsenseselfdefense.com/
    His fighting technique I would not know. But his self awareness thingy is interesting. Any experienced opinions on him?

As for OP, referencing a few of MacYoung's books, along with a ton of others, adds no credibility to "Combat Machine".
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast