Sponsored Links Spacer Image

Registered Member

Posted On:
    10/18/2010 9:37pm

Style: Judo

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by battlefields View Post
    Cheers, sainthamish. I'm glad you recognised my cry for acceptance.

I do. And I salute your courage.

Once will never be enough, you know how the fairer species feel about doing things 'together'.

Registered Member

Posted On:
    10/18/2010 9:49pm

Style: Judo

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by Pilgrim View Post
    Naah, pilates = good. Most guys' training is just set up to get them bigger.
    This training makes you stronger, and will let you lose weight.

^^This.

Pilates, aerobics classes, crossfit, running, swimming and spin classes are great ways to improve fitness, flexibility, lose weight, gain strength and develop muscle tone.

Bring it on I say.

Posted On:
    2/28/2012 7:31pm

Style: Judo & BJJ

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Resurrecting rather than starting a new thread.

How are you guys finding Pilates if anyone is still going? My wife, a physical therapist, talked me into going for essentially rehab purposes (defective hip FTL!). (As a child, I had this ****: http://nonf.org/perthesbrochure/perthes-brochure.htm) I've been to Pilates a few times. It seems to be decent exercise, and probably helpful for my Judo. But as rehab it's torture--worthwhile torture, but still torture.

Registered Member

Posted On:
    2/28/2012 7:45pm

Style: Shorin Ryu

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    I'm also interested. I'm probably going to have to give the striking and rolling a rest for a couple of months to let a festering shoulder injury recover. Giving serious consideration to starting Pilates - there's a three nights a week club at my local gym.

I had an ex who started it and was seriously buff within a couple of months. Considering I can usually lard up after a couple of months without training I do think it might be a good way to stay trim without all the shoulder aggro associated with getting arm barred four or five times a night.

Here to kick your ass.

Posted On:
    2/28/2012 7:47pm

supporting member
     Style: BJJ

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    My missus reckons when she used to do pilates (she did it for a few months last year) her orgasms with me were longer, stronger and more "whole body".
    Really now?

Maybe I should get back into it. Haven't done it for years.

Seriously, though, Pilates is awesome. If it wasn't on at the same time as my BJJ class I'd be there with bells on. When i did it my core strength was fantastic. I have some DVD's but i'm not really the sort of person who likes the TV telling me what to do.

Chaos? Panic?... Disorder??
    .........................​My work here is done.

Posted On:
    2/29/2012 4:00am

Style: MMA, Yoga

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    If i won the lotto I'd probably take up a class or two through the day, unfortunately the opportunity cost is too high so its lifting and martial arts for me.

I know a couple of pro fighters who swear by it for injury preventation and rehab, its a strange pilates with machines though.
    "Boxing is the art of hitting an opponent from the furthest distance away, exposing the least amount of your body while getting into position to punch with maximum leverage and not getting hit."
    Kenny Weldon

Registered Member

Posted On:
    2/29/2012 5:43pm

Style: BJJ

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Real pilates is good, I got a cheap dvd when I was in China featuring a Joseph Pilates taught guy and it had some good stuff (just the mat work component). Never did use that funky looking pilates machine though.
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12