Our Sponsors:

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
Sponsored Links Spacer Image

Posted On:
    10/10/2010 11:37pm

Style: None

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Sorry if I sounded like I was categorically opposing any particular idea. My major problem is that I can't get to the range regularly (my last visit was more than a year ago), and no amount of ammo purchasing will change that.

Such is life when you can't drive and live in a semi-rural area outside of a major metropolitan area. Maybe I'll see if my next door neighbor is interested in going shooting some time. Though, if I go with him, I'll have to make sure I can afford my end (and his gas).

Merry Christmas! shitter's full...

Posted On:
    10/11/2010 12:00am

supporting member
     Style: BJJ/Judo

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    i agree with the .22 conversion kit. my grandfather has had hundreds of guns that he's purchased, resold, and traded over the years. but, he's never gotten rid of his 1911 with the .22 conversion kit. it's the most useful and fun accessory i have ever seen for any firearm.

200-300 bucks for the kit and then the cheapest ammo ever sounds like a good deal to me.
    --------

Quote Originally Posted by it is fake View Post
    yeah, normally i'd get a quote, but couldn't be bothered.

Flyweight

Posted On:
    10/11/2010 11:16am

supporting member
     Style: BJJ, MT, MMA, CQB

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    For the cost of a kit, you could also buy a decent .22 pistol like a Mk. III or Buck Mark.

Posted On:
    10/11/2010 2:03pm

supporting memberforum leader
     Style: Brazilian Jiu-Jitsu

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by Money View Post
    For the cost of a kit, you could also buy a decent .22 pistol like a Mk. III or Buck Mark.
    This is also true. I'm currently looking for a good deal on either of those. Or a Mk. II.
    "No. Listen to me because I know what I'm talking about here." -- Hannibal

Flyweight

Posted On:
    10/11/2010 2:23pm

supporting member
     Style: BJJ, MT, MMA, CQB

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    I have a Buck Mark Camper that I'm pretty happy with. Saw one on Gunbroker the other day for ~$260.00.

Posted On:
    10/11/2010 5:30pm

supporting memberforum leader
     Style: Brazilian Jiu-Jitsu

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by Money View Post
    I have a Buck Mark Camper that I'm pretty happy with. Saw one on Gunbroker the other day for ~$260.00.
    The problem with the ones I've seen on gunbroker is that after figuring in the FFL transfer, it's not really any cheaper than buying new at my local gun store. I've been on the lookout for a lightly used one in the $250 or less range, but the damned things are so popular that they usually end up selling the day they are put up for sale.

I've shot both the buckmark and the mkIII, and I like them both, so I'm just going to see which one I can get for a better price. I have a feeling I'm going to be able to get the buckmark camper cheaper than the mkIII, but you never know. Supposedly the buckmark is easier to take apart and clean than the mkIII, but I don't really mind. I may wait awhile and just buy one new. The MkIII Target in stainless has a look I absolutely love, but I'm not paying more for a plinker than I did my glock or shotgun. The MKIII with the 6 inch tapered barrel is also something I've been looking at.
    "No. Listen to me because I know what I'm talking about here." -- Hannibal

Posted On:
    10/12/2010 5:04pm

Join us... or die
     Style: FMA, Ego Warrior

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Buy whatever ammo you want.

Don't knock the .45acp ball though if that's all you've got to run with. A LOT of dead people out there from that round. You think anybody waving a Thompson around ever worried about using ball instead of HP? You think anybody shot with a .45 ball ever shrugged it off and said, "that was kind of tangy, but hollow points are better man stoppers"?

How wide do most small caliber HP's expand to? .5 inches? .45 inches? See where I'm going with this?

Shoot safe bro!
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12