Posted On:
    10/09/2010 2:03pm

supporting member
     Style: BJJ, mma

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!

Fight Camp, the show.

YouTube - David Lea's Fight Camp-Trailer

The video pretty much explains what it is.

A little background though, this is the gym I've been at for about 3-4 years now. Dave is an awesome instructor and a genuinely great guy to train with.

The guys on the show range from guys almost in the UFC/WEC to guys who are just starting out but are committed to making a life out of it.

I don't actually know how it's going to be released, either online or via a small tv network, but I will definitely keep bullshido up to date on it. Dave has worked with a few tv shows before, doing like an mma weightloss thing once before.

And no im not on the show. I suck :new_puppy

Middleweight

Posted On:
    10/09/2010 2:16pm

Business Class Supporting Member
     New York MMA Examiner Style: magic FUCKING powers!

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    If they want UFC guys from their camp to appear on the show they will have trouble with distributing it over any network. Zuffa is on those image rights like a starving dog on a steak.

Ad Hominem rocks.

Posted On:
    10/09/2010 3:45pm

supporting member
     Style: BJJ, mma

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    The only toshido fighter with the UFC at the moment is Rory Macdonald, and I'm not sure how much he is going to be on the show, if at all. He's training in Montreal right now.

Also, I'm not sure the UFC can actually stop a person from appearing on a show like this. Why would they want to? It's good PR, and UFC fighters have appeared on other shows on tv.

BJJ wins again!

Posted On:
    10/09/2010 10:16pm

supporting member
     Style: Guns

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    If they want to be aggressive about image rights in other areas, they may not have much choice. I know trademarks have to be defended vigorously or you can lose your rights by default . . . maybe if UFC allows their fighters' images to be used in too many places without agreements in place, they lose the legal right to compel others not to use them.

This is why you see these stories of huge corporations suing tiny mom-and-pop operations that make everyone shake their heads in disgust at those big bullies--because if Burger King lets Ronnie the Burger King use that name on his one burger stand that's only open during the summer in Kekawkee Springs, they lose the power to stop Wendy's from using it.