Actual Photo

Posted On:
    10/08/2010 11:19am

supporting member
     Style: Recovery-Fu

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by Whacker View Post
    Goddamn, the part where he slits the guys throat about made me puke. I'd also like to see a link to the back story or article on this if anyone finds it.
    I found the giant gut wound a little more disturbing ... dude didn't even seem to know he had what appeared to be 8 inch gash in his gut.

Lebell

You don't stab into a body cavity or the head if you plan on continuing to use your weapon ... blades tend to get stuck when you drive deep around bone or muscle.

He systematically attacked what he considered the most dangerous targets.

1. Guard by door
    2. man behind the counter
    3. customer(?)

He thought guy #1 was out of the fight moved to target #2.

He engaged target #2, struck the head at least once and the torso at least two good times.

I am sure he considered #3 more of threat because #2 was wounded and seemed to be unarmed at that point, which turned out to be a mistake.
    Quote Originally Posted by Bodhi108 View Post
    Nuke a unborn gay whale for Christ.
    I don't mean to sound bitter, cold, or cruel, but I am, so that's how it comes out.
    BILL HICKS,
    1961-1994

Registered Member

Posted On:
    10/08/2010 12:00pm

Style: bagua

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    I think there is a reasonable chance that the guy at the door survived, simply because, as he is cut he turns round and there is no arterial spray.

Later on, when the perp is fighting with guy 3 you see the floor where the 1st guy was cut and there is no blood spatter on the floor, at least at first.

So I'm thinking that, although a cut to the throat can be a serious injury people do survive sometimes and the lack of either the 1st guy's body, or blood spatter where he was is a hopeful indicator.

Also, when you check out the 2nd perspective you can clearly see that the 1st guy walks out of the shop, again no blood spatter, and later on in the video, when you see the owner go outside there is no blood on the pavement or body.

Of course it may be that the guy fell down into a big pool of blood outside, but the owner's movements while outside suggest otherwise, so I'm hopeful for guy 1's survival.
    Last edited by littleoldme; 10/08/2010 12:09pm at .

Administrator

Posted On:
    10/08/2010 12:12pm

staff
     Style: xingyi

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    http://www.thesun.co.uk/sol/homepage...-by-owner.html

Shop knife man shot by owner
    Fight back ... shopkeeper shoots knife man

THIS is the moment a brave shopkeeper shot a knife maniac after being stabbed and slashed.

Battling Osman Tuter blasted his attacker after being knifed and seeing a customer have his throat cut.

The incident on Monday night was captured on shop cameras at a supermarket in the Turkish seaside resort of Kemer in Antalya province.

A local cafe owner identified as "Kadri A" burst into the shop wielding a large bread knife following a series of rows between the pair.

The knifeman then grabbed terrified customer Ali Gok and slashed his throat, leaving him to stagger into the street with blood pouring from his wounds.

Stunned Mr Tuter, who had been eating a sandwich behind the counter, begged Kadri to stop as he rounded on him, stabbing his legs and slashing his face in a bloody struggle.

Another customer was captured on film trying to wrestle the weapon away from Kadri as Mr Tuter was dragged to the floor.

Kadri then turned on the customer and repeatedly slashed him as he chased him around the tiny shop knocking over boxes and food.

Mr Tuter is seen on CCTV reaching under the counter and pulling out a gun before blasting Kadri who crumpled to the floor, sending beer bottles flying.

The camera then cuts back to Mr Tuter as he holds the gun and wipes blood from his eyes as it pours from a massive head wound.

He then limps outside and calls police on a mobile phone.

Mr Tuter was licensed to hold the weapon and is unlikely to face any charges.

Kadri was in hospital receiving treatment for stomach injuries today and faces attempted murder charges.

Actual Photo

Posted On:
    10/08/2010 12:34pm

supporting member

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Thanks IiF.

I haven't really gotten a chance to look or research it much myself but it appears the article has statements that do not match the video.

I am going to dig into this story after I get a nap.
    I don't mean to sound bitter, cold, or cruel, but I am, so that's how it comes out.
    BILL HICKS,
    1961-1994

Administrator

Posted On:
    10/08/2010 12:37pm

staff
     Style: xingyi

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Yeah, I've already been told The Sun is sensationalist journalism but, it was the quickest thing I could find with some names.

I'll look later.

Registered Member

Posted On:
    10/08/2010 12:40pm

Style: bagua

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Typical Sun reporting, the shop owner was very obviously eating a banana and they couldn't get that right and said it was a sandwich.

Actual Photo

Posted On:
    10/08/2010 12:44pm

supporting member

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by Prince Vlad View Post
    Just goes to show how real situations can go down, no posturing, no notice of any kind just some fucker pulling a knife across someones neck. Hard to tell if that first guy was going to live or not, you only have to see an animal get its throat cut to realise it can take a bit longer than you would think for them to fall over unconscious. Let's hope he made it anyway. Well done to the store owner too, turning his back to get the gun would have been the wrong thing to do especially as he was trapped in a very tight space. It would have gone down very differently if that other shopper didn't intervene. The shopkeep looks like he took two stab wounds to the upper abdomen or lower chest, I hope he didn't get it in the liver or pancreas as that could kill him a short while after. Interested to hear how it panned out, pretty shocking stuff!
    Not to derail but weren't you trying to convince me that Krav's knife and gun defense were realistic and useful ... that was rhetorical by the way ...

I know it was you I just can't think of which thread it was to quote you exactly. .
    BILL HICKS,
    1961-1994

1% Shark is better than you.

Posted On:
    10/08/2010 12:48pm

supporting memberforum leaderstaff
     Style: BJJ/Shidokan

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    According to that article it was a bread knife. If bread knife in Turkey means the same thing it does here thats how people lived. At least it wasn't a chef's knife.

Bread Knife:

Chef Knife:

Actual Photo

Posted On:
    10/08/2010 12:53pm

supporting member

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    It looked like a 6-7 inch buck/hip/hunting knife to me.

The article also claims the clerk received face and leg wounds when the video clearly shows top of the head and torso wounds.

The article also states he limped outside to phone the police from his mobile phone but the video clearly shows him struggling to make sense of what happened as he dialed the police kneeling on the floor wiping the blood off his crown and out of his eyes.

**** that article, but it did give us some names ... I hope they got those correct.

* edit*
    upon re-re-re-review it may even be smaller than 6 inches. The blade does not appear longer than the first victim's throat was wide.
    Last edited by BackFistMonkey; 10/08/2010 1:00pm at .
    BILL HICKS,
    1961-1994

Just waiting for the paperboy.

Posted On:
    10/08/2010 1:16pm

supporting member

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    i dunno how many of you actually slit the throat of a living creature?
    I did it and its harder then you think, you sorta saw aswell.
    The movement on the vid was one 'clean' move, it looked relatively shallow to me.
    Then again im only used to animals.
Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst 123 4567 LastLast