Fasten your seat belts, and prepare for lift off

Posted On:
    10/06/2010 10:06am

supporting member
     Style: Combat Cuddling

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    White Shark thats a legit move.

My dick move? No hands standing passing blues/whites just cause I can and think it looks cool.

Posted On:
    10/06/2010 10:07am

Style: MT, Judo & BJJ

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    I bombed someone with uchi mata during grip fighting, because they kept insisting on grabbing me from the side and straddling my god damned leg.

"THIS IS WHAT HAPPENS WHEN YOU DO THIS."

Fear and bullets.

Posted On:
    10/06/2010 10:10am

staff
     Style: MMA

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Punching BJJ-ers form guard.
    And lo, Kano looked down upon the field and saw the multitudes. Amongst them were the disciples of Uesheba who were greatly vexed at his sayings. And Kano spake: "Do not be concerned with the mote in thy neighbor's eye, when verily thou hast a massive stick in thine ass".

--Scrolls of Bujutsu: Chapter 5 vs 10-14.

Gnarly King of Half-Guard

Posted On:
    10/06/2010 10:13am

Join us... or die
     Style: BJJ

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by WhiteShark View Post
    In IBJJF isn't it in the same category as heel hooks?
    No, toe holds are legal for brown and black belts in IBJJF competition. For example: http://bjjtv.blogspot.com/2009/03/blog-post.html

Woke up in the mortuary

Posted On:
    10/06/2010 10:15am

Style: Judo, Sub wrestling

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by Kambei Shimada View Post
    Scorpion Crunched a noob last week.
    Oh yeah! Thanks for reminding me.

We got a "NO GI GRAPPLUR" in at the BJJ gym a few months ago during a no-gi session. He was neck cranking the **** out of comparative newbies and grinding, crossfacing, etc everything within reach. He looked like a horrible parody of a catch wrestler (we get a lot of catch wrestlers in the gym and they're usually pretty cool) but he was really hurting some of the white belts and blue belts (including a teenager and one of our female members).

I started standing with him for our 5 minutes of fun. Fun times: snapdown to a front guillotine, then various throws to a half boston crab, a stepover toehold + crossface, and the kesa gatame armlock/neck crank combo. As I hoped, he left soon after and didn't come back again. As I feared, I got bitched out by the instructor.

Registered Member

Posted On:
    10/06/2010 10:23am

Style: muay thai, BJJ

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Not to be a saint but I really have not pulled a dick move in my current gym. For the most part I am the smallest (lightest) and least experienced guy in the gym. While there are a few newer guys, the older more experienced guys do a really good job of watching making sure us "middlers" (not experienced guy but not total noobs) don't be dicks to the newer guys.

If I ever got frustrated enough to pull something cheap/harmful on a older guy, you can bet my ass would get beaten and everyone else would applaud.

That said if we have a cocky/asshole'ish newer guy, we are allowed to put them in line. For example, we had a guy come in and try to teach the class on his 3rd day. He was wrong on about everything. During sparring the guy gassed really early and asked people not to go to his body due to being tired. Being a relatively nice guy I agreed. However, this guy decided he would game the system by totally defending his head and not his body. After half a round of him guarding his head (big gloves, so pretty easy) and him trying to dig hard to my body, I slightly snapped. I threw 1-2 to close the distance then threw a shovel hook to the liver followed by a right hook to the body. Dropped the guy. He gets up and WTF's really loudly. Told him to stop gaming my kindness. He says ok but wants the rest of round off. BS, I force him to finish the round. He continues to game the gentleman's no body agreement. I spend the rest of the round beating the hell out of his body.

pro nonsense self defense

Posted On:
    10/06/2010 10:26am

supporting member
     Style: FMA, dumbek, Indian clubs

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    When I was doing grappling in systema, I had a backmount and was trying to fit my arm in to choke, and the guy grabbed my big toe and started cranking on it (new guy), so I switched from a rear naked choke attempt to a vigorous crossface to end it faster.

1% Shark is better than you.

Posted On:
    10/06/2010 10:42am

supporting memberforum leaderstaff
     Style: BJJ/Shidokan

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by PointyShinyBurn View Post
    No, toe holds are legal for brown and black belts in IBJJF competition. For example: http://bjjtv.blogspot.com/2009/03/blog-post.html
    Hahahaha Cobrinha occasionally trains with us.

Registered Member

Posted On:
    10/06/2010 10:53am

Style: muay thai, BJJ

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by CodosDePiedra View Post
    When I was doing grappling in systema, I had a backmount and was trying to fit my arm in to choke, and the guy grabbed my big toe and started cranking on it (new guy), so I switched from a rear naked choke attempt to a vigorous crossface to end it faster.
    :toothy10:

I salute you sir!

Posted On:
    10/06/2010 11:00am

Style: mma /boxing/muai thai

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Scorpian crunch Is just squeezing the crap out of somone with your legs while they are in guard?

I did that on tues while pretendeing to be assleep.
Page 2 of 12 FirstFirst 12 3456 ... LastLast