Page 12 of 12 FirstFirst ... 289101112
Sponsored Links Spacer Image

Posted On:
    3/27/2011 10:46pm

Style: BJJ, formerly Judo

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by dwkfym View Post
    lol @ the 44 lbs weight disparity. He had guts though, talking trash about an entire judo club when he weighs like 140lbs.
    It's a pretty small club, not overly competitive etc. so we didn't go too hard usually and so he might've thought we were soft.
    I actually left there and am doing BJJ now.

But he kinda personified me when I was sixteen, except he was TKD and I was Chun, and I kinda want to smash myself when I was sixteen.

Shime Waza Test Dummy

Posted On:
    3/27/2011 10:48pm

Join us... or die
     Style: StrikeyGrappling & WW2-fu

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by Southpaw View Post
    Making people tap w/ knee on belly.

Yes I'm an asshole.
    Man, the first time someone made me tap with that I got so pissed. I immediately told him he better show me a counter before he tried to use it again or I was gonna hate him forever. He showed me that ankle hook/knee push thing, I don't know what it's called but it works, or pushing it off & shrimping before he really gets you pinned down.
    We get along now....
    "Judo is a study of techniques with which you may kill if you wish to kill, injure if you wish to injure, subdue if you wish to subdue, and, when attacked, defend yourself" - Jigoro Kano (1889)
    ***Was this quote "taken out of context"?***

"The judoist has no time to allow himself a margin for error, especially in a situation upon which his or another person's very life depends...."
    ~ The Secret of Judo (Jiichi Watanabe & Lindy Avakian), p.19

"Hope is not a method... nor is enthusiasm."
    ~ Brigadier General Gordon Toney

Shime Waza Test Dummy

Posted On:
    3/27/2011 10:56pm

Join us... or die
     Style: StrikeyGrappling & WW2-fu

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    confession: I'm strangely good at tomoenage & uki waza, I had a new guy who was a bit bigger than me & loved man-handling people, he kept pushing me around... & I baited him into a tomoenage that I really kicked off so he was pretty airborne & for some reason I didn't let go of his lapel but apparently pulled it. I think I was trying to use him to get a superior position after the throw but he almost dislocated his shoulder when he hit.
    I did feel bad. But the throw execution was bad ass. Happy for me, sorry for him.
    "Judo is a study of techniques with which you may kill if you wish to kill, injure if you wish to injure, subdue if you wish to subdue, and, when attacked, defend yourself" - Jigoro Kano (1889)
    ***Was this quote "taken out of context"?***

"The judoist has no time to allow himself a margin for error, especially in a situation upon which his or another person's very life depends...."
    ~ The Secret of Judo (Jiichi Watanabe & Lindy Avakian), p.19

"Hope is not a method... nor is enthusiasm."
    ~ Brigadier General Gordon Toney

Registered Member

Posted On:
    3/28/2011 12:06pm

Style: 空手 / &#2147

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    During sport jujutsu 'grappling'
    Me: singing child's songs
    guy: are you always doing that?
    Me: no, only when it's really easy.

TKO-ing someone with ushiro geri, on the spleen (I thought proudly) then saw him clutching his balls. Bad Moenstah
    Last edited by Moenstah; 3/28/2011 12:09pm at . Reason: f-ing codecs in firefox

Registered Member

Posted On:
    3/28/2011 6:47pm

Style: BJJ, Judo

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    I'm usually pretty tame. The most I've done is armbarring a complete newbie without knowing he was so green he didn't know what tapping was.

Give me a few months, I'll rack you guys some assholeness.

Posted On:
    3/28/2011 9:27pm

Style: Muay Thai

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    7. Lined up my fight team and knocked them all out for not listening to me (Took 3 minutes for the entire team)
    Good as the story for this was, I originally imagined Omega walking down the line, telling each person in turn why they were stupid, and then cold-cocking them.

Posted On:
    3/28/2011 9:45pm

Style: Kyokushin Karate / BJJ

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    After reading Omega's entry ... I consider myself a fucking saint.

Registered Member

Posted On:
    3/28/2011 10:36pm

Style: EBMAS\52 Blocks

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Wow! The worst I've done is to keep rapping the knuckles on a guy who claimed his years of fencing outclassed everything Guro was teaching in class. He'd swing,I'd counter & whack his lead hand. Guy never came back......

My dog is cuter and smarter than yours.

Posted On:
    3/29/2011 5:53am

Join us... or die
     Style: Kodokan Judo

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    One thing that really annoys me is when people have conversations while training. As I've explained, I'm the only one who gets to talk during training unless they have a question. The kids class is really bad about that, wandering around the tatami blah blah blahing about nothing when they are supposed to be doing Judo.

We had a neighboor club over for a joint training session two weeks ago, and everybody is talking, like it's some kind of sewing circle, not a serious training session, which is what it was supposed to be (all explained beforehand). I don't manhandle kids, so my "mean sensei" voice had to do for them.

I was doing randori with a very competitive female sankyu, weighs all of -48 kg. She is tough, ex military, and was there to randori with me and my senior class students. So we did randori. Except she kept talking, making comments, etc. So our third round, the kids all start talking, I stop the whole session, and use my mean sensei voice to basically tell everyone to shut up and train.

So miss sankyu and I go at it again, and she is talking. So I go off on her and tell her to STFU and train, then I start singing "blah blah blah blah, some people want to talk not train", blah, blah blah, literally, then I footsweep her so fast her eyeballs nearly pop out of her head and end up in juji gatame. Then did the same thing again, and again, and again and again, for a long time. All in front of her sensei.

Did not hurt her, but she did STFU finally.

Posted On:
    3/29/2011 12:30pm

Style: Trad Ju Jitsu

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by BKR View Post
    One thing that really annoys me is when people have conversations while training.
    That's what my sensei would say to me in the kyu grades. I now use it myself. I later learned that that was what our Founder used to say.

Now when training with a higher Dan Grade, he often says to me "Come on! Stop Talking! You should be Training!".

He's right.

I think the return of my poor habit is 'cos when I was training with someone else, they often starting talking. I used to be puzzled why my Gi was dry instead of drenched.

Training with the higher grade above. My Gi is now drenched again. So it should be;-)
Page 12 of 12 FirstFirst ... 289101112