Our Sponsors:

Sponsored Links Spacer Image

Posted On:
    10/05/2010 4:24pm

supporting memberstaff
     Style: Grappling

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!

Strikeforce: Diaz vs Noon II, Sarah Kaufman vs Marloes Coenen - Oct. 9, 2010

Strikeforce: Diaz vs Noon II
    Oct. 9, 2010
    HP Pavilion
    San Jose, California

Main Card
    Nick Diaz vs K.J. Noons - Strikeforce Welterweight Championship
    Sarah Kaufman vs Marloes Coenen - Strikeforce Women’s Welterweight Championship
    Josh Thomson vs Gesias Cavalcante
    Tyron Woodley vs Andre Galvao

Undercard
    Eric Lawson vs Ron Keslar
    James Terry vs Bret Bergmark
    Jess Bouscal vs Luis Mendoza

Info
    Strikeforce returns home to San Jose with the grudge match you've been waiting for. Rockstar Energy Drink and Strikeforce present Diaz vs. Noons II - Live at HP Pavilion at San Jose on Saturday, October 9 - 7:00PM. In a rematch 3 years in the making, this epic night of world-class mixed martial arts features Strikeforce's World Welterweight Champion and the bad boy of M-M-A, Nick Diaz, when he seeks to avenge his last loss against one of the most prolific strikers in the business and the last man to defeat him, K.J. Noons!

Also on the card, Sarah Kaufman puts her Strikeforce Women's World Welterweight title on the line against the dangerous Marloes Coenen and former lightweight Champion and local favorite Josh Thomson (17-3) will meet world-ranked Gesias "JZ" Cavalcante (15-3-1) of Brazil in an important lightweight battle.

Picks and how it will end?
    Surfing Facebook at work? Spread the good word by adding us on Facebook today! https://www.facebook.com/Bullshido

Registered Member

Posted On:
    10/09/2010 2:23pm

Style: Judo

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Nick Diaz vs K.J. Noons - Strikeforce Welterweight Championship
    Sarah Kaufman vs Marloes Coenen - Strikeforce Women’s Welterweight Championship
    Josh Thomson vs Gesias Cavalcante
    Tyron Woodley vs Andre Galvao

I can't wait for Diaz vs Noons. There should have been way more hype for that fight.

Registered Member

Posted On:
    10/09/2010 11:50pm

Style: Judo

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    I hate to double post, but I really enjoyed that card and I have to comment on it. So:
    Spoiler:
    Well, the winners of each fight were who I predicted, but the way the fights went down surprised me. I didn't think Woodley was going to bomb Galvao that quickly.
    In Coenen's fight, I was surprised by how much better she was on the ground. Her versus Tate should be good.
    Thompson vs JZ was a blast. I must admit, I thought that JZ won, but it was very close. However, that judge who thought Thompson won all 3 rounds was terrible, so much that Thompson commented on it.
    As for Diaz vs Noons, it was a good fight. I actually thought Diaz was going to take it to the ground in the later rounds. Did anyone else notice the mini Frye-Takayama moments where both were locked up and punching each other?

Also, I thought it was kind of funny that Nate Diaz wore a UFC hat to the ring.

Has entered Barovia...

Posted On:
    10/10/2010 6:14am

supporting member

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Well, what to say...?

Respect, homie.

Posted On:
    10/10/2010 9:28am

supporting member
     Style: Taijiquan

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    I thought it was a great card and am surprised there is so little chat about it this morning.

Ad Hominem rocks.

Posted On:
    10/10/2010 1:14pm

supporting member
     Style: BJJ, mma

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Noons has to cut his fucking hair.

**** the Daiz's.

I'm a little pissed about Sarah Kaufman. I remember seeing her fight in a local show a few years ago. She needed to make an effort to pass and not just be content in guard, but such is life.

Good fights all around.

Has entered Barovia...

Posted On:
    10/10/2010 2:49pm

supporting member

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Mwaha.

Mwahahahahahahaha.

After the Strikeforce: Diaz vs. Noons II card, Nick Diaz was walking in the hallway of the HP Pavilion to attend the post-fight press conference. Simultaneously, the guys at Showtime was ushering Mayhem Miller out of the post-fight press conference in order to prevent another Strikeforce: Tennessee. From what I was told, Mayhem was supposed to exit out of the post-fight press conference doors and take a right, while Nick Diaz was going to enter the room in the opposite direction. In short, both fighters would have never crossed paths if this initial plan actually worked, however things sort of 'screwed up'. As Mayhem Miller was walking down the corridor, he abruptly turned around and walked the other way. As the two were approaching each other, things seemed to be somewhat civil. Out of nowhere, Nick Diaz launched a water bottle directly at Mayhem's face -- almost at point-blank range. It hit Mayhem directly in the face, water exploded everywhere and Miller looked stunned. Security got in-between the two and Nick Diaz held his arms up and said 'Come on you fat [expletive]!'. He then tried shoving the security away to get close to Mayhem while screaming 'Let's do it right now!'. Nick Diaz managed to get within swinging distance, and then more security jumped in and held back Nick and finally got him to walk in the opposite direction, towards the post-fight press conference room. This altercation happened outside of the locker rooms. This is not a rumor, it's 100% true.

http://www.middleeasy.com/index.php?...:organizations

Registered Member

Posted On:
    10/10/2010 8:42pm

Style: MMA

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    This was a pretty fun card. I agree with the comment above about Noons having to cut his hair. It was really annoying to watch him push it out of his eyes for 5 rounds. Diaz was also kind of an idiot in his post-fight when he was semi-apologizing about trying a couple of takedowns. The only thing to apologize about was how much they sucked.

Light Heavyweight

Posted On:
    10/10/2010 10:56pm

supporting member
     Style: BJJ

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    i was actually expecting diaz to finish noon this time around.

Middleweight

Posted On:
    10/11/2010 3:48pm

Business Class Supporting Member
     New York MMA Examiner Style: magic FUCKING powers!

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    I had mixed feelings about the main event. The striking was pretty. Very pretty compared to most MMA. It's actually a great example of the kinds of things a fighter can do with his hands and movement when takedowns and leg kicks are not a real established threat.

The bad thing is that we already have a whole sport like that and it's called boxing. If Diaz had faked the straight 2 and then went for the single instead of trying a sloppy shot from 8 continents away Noons would have been flat on his back all night.

I have a lot of respect for Coenen at 135. I think she just needs to stop weight jumping. Difficult thing to tell a female MMAist just looking for fights, I know. But she is damn good at that size and can really implement her style.