225226 Bullies, 4429 online  
  • Register
Our Sponsors:

Results 21 to 30 of 46
Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 123 45 LastLast
Sponsored Links Spacer Image
  1. gregaquaman is offline
    gregaquaman's Avatar

    Senior Member

    Join Date
    Feb 2010
    Location
    Arlie Beach
    Posts
    2,541

    Posted On:
    10/07/2010 12:09pm

    Join us... or die
     Style: mma /boxing/muai thai

    --
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by 3moose1 View Post
    Also, move out of australia. Seriously. It has been scientifically proven to house 500% of the world's most deadly animals, and you can't even carry **** to defend yourself.

    They are more scared of you than you are of them aparently.

    With the two torch thing it just depends on how long you feel comfortable not being able to see the guy you are trying to hit. Or are concerend that hitting an obect with you torch may blow the globe.
    I try not to do the scary scenario but sometimes I cannot think of another way to explain it.
    If you are confronted on your own in the dark by some mean guy with a weapon I believe you would want the extra advantage.
    And I carry a small back up torch anyway.

    but I do have the bigger torch. In fact I have lashed out and bought the mag light version of the LED lenser. the p17

    pretty much it answers the question of what would happen if you got a tac light and upsized it to maglight proportions. 3 d cell in this case.
    really really bright, focusable beam and two brightness settings.
    visd of beamshots.
    YouTube - Fenix TK12 vs Led Lenser P17 beamshots
    Last edited by gregaquaman; 10/07/2010 12:18pm at .
  2. gregaquaman is offline
    gregaquaman's Avatar

    Senior Member

    Join Date
    Feb 2010
    Location
    Arlie Beach
    Posts
    2,541

    Posted On:
    10/07/2010 12:35pm

    Join us... or die
     Style: mma /boxing/muai thai

    --
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by Simio de las Rocas View Post
    Yeah I understand but my statement still stands.

    A torch isn't a weapon by any definition therefore if you're carrying a torch justifiably - because it's dark or, because you may work within a low level light environment, later using the torch as a means of self defence because it was in your hands or, about your persons isn't an issue.

    Regardless of intent, (unless you are stupid enough to advertise the fact) carrying a torch with the intent of possibly having to use it as a means other than illumination would be a very difficult thing to prove in a court of law.

    Say I was carrying a men's fitness magazine from the mess hall and got jumped on my way back to work, am I not allowed to defend myself using reasonable force to do so ? Therefore using the rolled up magazine (because that's how I'm carrying it) and smashing it in the face of the perp as part of my "reasonable force" defence is quite justifiable.

    When I'm asked why I was carrying said magazine, I have a perfectly acceptable defence.

    Carrying a large, well built and somewhat reliable torch on duty at night etc is likewise just as a "reasonable" defence. There doesn't need to be any deniability.

    Why were you carrying that torch ?

    Because I work in the dark and needed to see what I was doing

    Why did you crack the skull of the person who assaulted you using the torch ?

    Because it was in my hand at the time and I had no other course of action available to me as I feared for my life. I only hit the perp enough to stop the attack.



    Dave
    So then a torch is a reasonable alternitive to have around rather than a stick with nails in it for all those reason stated above as well as a torch is just more usefull being able to produce light and all.

    Which was my point.
    Which was moneys point.
    And as far as I can se is also your point.

    So lets argue some more.
  3. 3moose1 is offline
    3moose1's Avatar

    United States Marine.

    Join Date
    Jan 2008
    Location
    San Clemente
    Posts
    9,530

    Posted On:
    10/07/2010 6:17pm

    Join us... or die
     Style: MCMAP, BJJ

    --
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by gregaquaman View Post

    They are more scared of you than you are of them aparently.

    Bullshit.

    PROOF that I'm not a completely useless poster:
    http://www.bullshido.net/forums/show...0&postcount=58


    Quote Originally Posted by Cy Q. Faunce
    3moose1 is correct. Sig THAT, you fucker.

    Quote Originally Posted by sochin101 View Post
    I went out with a delightful young woman who was on a regimen of pills that made her taste of burned onions.
    That is not conducive to passionate cunnilingus, my friend, let me assure you.
    Quote Originally Posted by HappyOldGuy View Post
    I agree with moosey
  4. goodlun is online now
    goodlun's Avatar

    Senior Member

    Join Date
    Jun 2008
    Location
    Ramona
    Posts
    5,126

    Posted On:
    10/07/2010 6:26pm

    Join us... or die
     Style: BJJ

    --
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Amazon.com: MAGLITE S6D016 Heavy-Duty 6-D Cell Flashlight, Black: Home Improvement
    I don't know that might be a hard sell to a judge that you bought that flashlight just to provide light. Hell though I much rather do some explaining later after whacking someone with that monster than suffer the consequences of not having it on me.
  5. Rock Ape is offline
    Rock Ape's Avatar

    Watch and Shoot !

    Join Date
    Mar 2006
    Posts
    10,136

    Posted On:
    10/07/2010 6:45pm

    staff
     

    --
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by gregaquaman View Post
    So then a torch is a reasonable alternitive to have around rather than a stick with nails in it for all those reason stated above as well as a torch is just more usefull being able to produce light and all.

    Which was my point.
    Which was moneys point.
    And as far as I can se is also your point.

    So lets argue some more.
    Sure, if you like..

    You said.. and I quote
    Quote Originally Posted by gregaquaman
    Security guards for example never carry maglights because you can hit somone with them.
    (Emphasis mine) ... And my argument is that your statement was flawed.
    "To sin by silence when one should protest makes cowards out of men".

    ~Ella Wheeler
  6. goodlun is online now
    goodlun's Avatar

    Senior Member

    Join Date
    Jun 2008
    Location
    Ramona
    Posts
    5,126

    Posted On:
    10/07/2010 6:53pm

    Join us... or die
     Style: BJJ

    --
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    I think someone is missing the facetious nature of the word never in that particular sentence.
  7. Rock Ape is offline
    Rock Ape's Avatar

    Watch and Shoot !

    Join Date
    Mar 2006
    Posts
    10,136

    Posted On:
    10/07/2010 10:53pm

    staff
     

    --
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    And someone is missing the facetious nature of my post.
    "To sin by silence when one should protest makes cowards out of men".

    ~Ella Wheeler
  8. goodlun is online now
    goodlun's Avatar

    Senior Member

    Join Date
    Jun 2008
    Location
    Ramona
    Posts
    5,126

    Posted On:
    10/07/2010 11:41pm

    Join us... or die
     Style: BJJ

    --
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by Simio de las Rocas View Post
    And someone is missing the facetious nature of my post.
    touché
  9. iniquity is offline

    Registered Member

    Join Date
    Feb 2010
    Location
    NYC
    Posts
    24

    Posted On:
    10/13/2010 3:19pm


     Style: CLF

    --
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    The correct answer is indeed to get the hell out of any country that puts you in harms way and forbids you any means of defending yourself.

    If you insist on staying, I agree with the two light method. Carry one that's very bright and powerful, as this may save your life all by itself. Having trained in near or total darkness in large indoor underground areas (thanks, Skeletor!) I've seen first hand the difference that a very bright light will make.

    And the second flashlight is blatantly a club. Who cares if you break the bulb, it's not your "real" flashlight anyway. I'd find the heaviest lead-pipe like equivalent you can legally call a flashlight and keep it on me at all times.

    I don't know if they've changed the 4D Maglite construction or not, but I had one maybe 15 years ago and it destroyed both the bulb in the head and the spare in the bottom with a single hit. "Shock Resistant" doesn't mean baseball bat.
  10. maofas is offline
    maofas's Avatar

    Senior Member

    Join Date
    Jan 2008
    Location
    Raleigh, North Carolina
    Posts
    2,975

    Posted On:
    10/13/2010 4:38pm

    Join us... or die
     Style: Kenkojuku Karate, Judo

    --
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Since you're patrolling around in abandoned buildings you should carry something for SD that could conceivably have been picked up at random during the scuffle (a perfect excuse) from the shitpile of stuff that I'd imagine lies around there. How about carrying around a shitty old mop handle or a dusty pipe?
Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 123 45 LastLast

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  

Powered by vBulletin™© contact@vbulletin.com vBulletin Solutions, Inc. 2011 All rights reserved.