Page 4 of 4 First 1234
  1. #31
    gregaquaman's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2010
    Location
    Arlie Beach
    Posts
    2,725
    --
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    So a bit of necro because I am looking for an upgrade.

    Allrighty The camera I was using sort of works. The issue is it is tricky to turn on and off. the best result would just be either press one button and the thing works or have the thing on all the time.

    But time marches on and wearable cameras are now cool. I know a cop who was wearing the same one as mine and now they are moving into go pros. And the idea is becoming more popular so I finally have some better options.

    So there are a couple of better ones I am looking at.

    So far this one seems like the best deal.

    The Me cam for about a hunge.
    http://www.ebay.com.au/itm/MeCam-Han...#ht_1404wt_721


    Mabye the looksie with five solid hours of loop.
    http://www.ebay.com.au/itm/Looxcie-W...#ht_4260wt_962
    Whitsunday Martial Arts Airlie Beach North Queensland.
    http://www.facebook.com/#!/WhitsundayMartialArts

  2. #32
    Permalost's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2012
    Location
    San Diego
    Posts
    13,092
    --
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by gregaquaman View Post
    I know a cop who was wearing the same one as mine and now they are moving into go pros. And the idea is becoming more popular so I finally have some better options.
    A few years ago, they tried strapping go pros to some Dog Brothers fighters at a gathering, to get a fighter's view of things. They rigged it to the chest like Iron Man's reactor thing. It turned out that a lot of the footage was kinda useless, because when you're fighting (with weapons at least), your body is usually angled so your chest points to the side, not at the other person. A head mount makes sense though, since it should always point to the other person even if your body is angled, but then it wouldn't be incognito at night.

  3. #33
    dwkfym's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2007
    Location
    Tampa Bay Area
    Posts
    2,020
    --
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    I don't know anything about surveillance systems but it sounds like a good 3rd person view is the best.. i.e. good coverage on static cameras.
    www.pdsrifles.com Add us on facebook!
    Parts and Accessories
    Law Enforcement Firearms

  4. #34
    ChenPengFi's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2005
    Location
    Hawai'i
    Posts
    3,891
    1
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by Permalost View Post
    A head mount makes sense though, since it should always point to the other person even if your body is angled, but then it wouldn't be incognito at night.

    I think a large value can be placed on the visibility of a camera for security reasons and i'm unsure of the value of being incognito in those circumstances; prevention and all being a priority.

  5. #35
    gregaquaman's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2010
    Location
    Arlie Beach
    Posts
    2,725
    --
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by Permalost View Post
    A few years ago, they tried strapping go pros to some Dog Brothers fighters at a gathering, to get a fighter's view of things. They rigged it to the chest like Iron Man's reactor thing. It turned out that a lot of the footage was kinda useless, because when you're fighting (with weapons at least), your body is usually angled so your chest points to the side, not at the other person. A head mount makes sense though, since it should always point to the other person even if your body is angled, but then it wouldn't be incognito at night.
    I dont mind about whether or not it is noticed more how silly I will look. Which will have a detremental effect.
    Whitsunday Martial Arts Airlie Beach North Queensland.
    http://www.facebook.com/#!/WhitsundayMartialArts

  6. #36
    gregaquaman's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2010
    Location
    Arlie Beach
    Posts
    2,725
    --
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by dwkfym View Post
    I don't know anything about surveillance systems but it sounds like a good 3rd person view is the best.. i.e. good coverage on static cameras.
    The advantage kind of is that I have an angle I can use or not pretty much as I see fit.

    And third person no sound makes situations feel safer, Handicam with added threatening give me more fear for my life.
    Whitsunday Martial Arts Airlie Beach North Queensland.
    http://www.facebook.com/#!/WhitsundayMartialArts

  7. #37
    dwkfym's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2007
    Location
    Tampa Bay Area
    Posts
    2,020
    --
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Hmmm.. I know its not as good as a first person camera, but how about audio recording on your person at all times when you are on 'duty' while the static cameras roll 24/7?
    www.pdsrifles.com Add us on facebook!
    Parts and Accessories
    Law Enforcement Firearms

  8. #38
    gregaquaman's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2010
    Location
    Arlie Beach
    Posts
    2,725
    --
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by dwkfym View Post
    Hmmm.. I know its not as good as a first person camera, but how about audio recording on your person at all times when you are on 'duty' while the static cameras roll 24/7?

    Worth a look. I think cameras have progressed to where it is almost much of a muchness.

    Finding the bit of conversation i need would be tricky too.
    Whitsunday Martial Arts Airlie Beach North Queensland.
    http://www.facebook.com/#!/WhitsundayMartialArts

Page 4 of 4 First 1234

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  

Log in

Log in
Single Sign On provided by vBSSO