Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 12 34 LastLast
Sponsored Links Spacer Image

Posted On:
    10/05/2010 9:27am

Style: mma /boxing/muai thai

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by battlefields View Post
    I can look into it for you, I'm actually installing a network of security cameras this weekend at a bus depot and I have connections with the main wholesalers of security systems, electrical and electronics. ****, I can hook you up with pen and button cameras but I'd be listening closely to what SDLR said above. If anything you should be requesting more fixed visible cameras as they are more of a deterrent than a camera on your person will be effective in a courtroom.

What price range are you looking at?
    Maby $100

It really seems to be something nobody does so I imagine we will encounter issues. But if our company is supportive of the idea it is worth a try at least so we can know practicaly why it dosent work. The industry has been thinking about this sort of idea for a while but no one ever makes the step and tries it out.

We are not going to phase out fixed cameras but they do not tell a true story all the time. I also feel that you loose the sense of urgency and danger when you look through a silent camera from a vantage of a few meters away. This is important when you are trying to explain why you used the force you used.

mobile phone footage is being used as evidence by everybody else anyway so I do not feel it is that great a leap to use clip on cameras.

But hey at least if it dosent work we will be able to tell the next guy who wants to try it why.

Watch and Shoot !

Posted On:
    10/05/2010 10:14am

staff

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    If the camera is mounted below eye-line and you're close to the people intended to be video captured, you're wasting your time.
    "To sin by silence when one should protest makes cowards out of men".

~Ella Wheeler

Posted On:
    10/05/2010 10:36am

forum leader
     Style: BJJ/ MMA/ MT

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    That type of footage is secondary evidence at best in a court of law. Things may have changed but at one stage mobile phone footage wasn't even admissible.

And for $100 you'd have to buy a shitload, particularly if you want audio.

...is THE PENETRATOR

Posted On:
    10/05/2010 2:24pm

supporting member
     Style: German longsword, .45 ACP

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    You know what? After reading this thread I thought it would have been really cool to have some kind of helmet-mounted camera during Camp Skeletor, so I could have a cool FPS style video of my perspective when clearing the abandoned facility.
    “nobody shoots anybody in the face unless you’re a hit man or a video gamer.” - Jack Thompson
    http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Jack_Th...%28attorney%29

Posted On:
    10/06/2010 7:44am

Style: mma /boxing/muai thai

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by Simio de las Rocas View Post
    I have to say this..

If you can't get this basic information about these items from a professional source, I'm left wondering about your credibility or motive.

Seriously.. Google is your friend otherwise open the phone book and seek out a professional

Just like to say you were correct. Going throught the proffesional network was the better option

Posted On:
    10/06/2010 7:47am

forum leader

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    I am the professional source. I'll get some prices for you if you want, as I said, I install camera systems and have wholesale access to the latest gadgets.

Watch and Shoot !

Posted On:
    10/06/2010 3:26pm

staff

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by Wounded Ronin View Post
    You know what? After reading this thread I thought it would have been really cool to have some kind of helmet-mounted camera during Camp Skeletor, so I could have a cool FPS style video of my perspective when clearing the abandoned facility.
    Funny, I am setting up a similar thing on my Kevlar to record my own training for personal analysis.

When I get the thing set up, I'll post pics and possibly some video.

~Ella Wheeler

Posted On:
    10/06/2010 5:51pm

forum leader

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by Simio de las Rocas View Post
    Funny, I am setting up a similar thing on my Kevlar to record my own training for personal analysis.

When I get the thing set up, I'll post pics and possibly some video.

I'd be interested, please do.

Watch and Shoot !

Posted On:
    10/06/2010 6:31pm

staff

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Yeah no worries, I can't decide whether to mount a camera on my kevlar or on my weapon sytem.

The helmet will give a slightly higher (height) perspective but will be prone to more movement

If mounted on the weapon, it won't show where I'm additionally looking when out of contact.

I can't really afford to buy two cameras so may have to experiment, also may see if I have a willing slave to use a hand-held.

Dave

~Ella Wheeler

Posted On:
    10/06/2010 6:43pm

forum leader

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    If it is possible and for your benefit it would be best to mount one on your sunnies and one on your weapon. This would enable you to see when and where your line of site is different from where your weapon is aimed, whether this helps in a training sense, I don't know as I am not a soldier, however I imagine the more info you get the better your analysis. I reckon if you were "shot" it would be of benefit to have as many angles to see where you went wrong. In my opinion.

EDIT: ****, just reread you can't get two, my point still stands, but I'd be then going for the helmet mount because if you do get done, you can see where you were facing at the time and adjust accordingly. Once again, only my opinion.
Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 12 34 LastLast