Sponsored Links Spacer Image

Registered Member

Posted On:
    10/03/2010 11:57am

Style: In transition

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by Uglybugly View Post
    What does the term "that guy" mean in this thread?
    are we talking about social awkward people? Are we talking about people that uses wrong kind of clothes at training and accidentally shows their nuts to people? are we talking about people that tries to leech on other people and show no respect for others? are we talking about douchebags? or people that we don't enjoy to be around?
    If you don't know, you're "that guy".

Merry Christmas! shitter's full...

Posted On:
    10/03/2010 12:03pm

supporting member
     Style: BJJ/Judo

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by Uglybugly View Post
    What does the term "that guy" mean in this thread?
    are we talking about social awkward people? Are we talking about people that uses wrong kind of clothes at training and accidentally shows their nuts to people? are we talking about people that tries to leech on other people and show no respect for others? are we talking about douchebags? or people that we don't enjoy to be around?
    you aren't "that guy" on your first night of training. you could be overly eager or excited, or you just don't know what you're saying is crap.

"that guy" isn't the one that asks one time about using pressure points to get out of a choke, or one time giggles and points out a girl's nip slip to his rolling partner. "that guy" is the one who does things, consistently, that are acceptable in any situation, but doesn't understand that his actions are inappropriate.
    also, a sexual intelectual (fucking know it all) is usually "that guy"

here's a perfect example.

thursday night, we had a house tournament, single elimination absolute. in one match, i saw a guy making an attempt at a defense, but had his knee in the wrong position. had he moved his knee around his opponent's leg, the entire match would have been changed. this guy lost his match, so when he was off the mat, and caught his breath, i pointed out the one small error that was hindering him. we then went to an unused corner of the mat and i showed him what i was talking about, and he got to work the escape properly a couple of times. so, he had fun with the house tourney and learned something to help him later.

now, if i was "that guy", instead of helping him out by sharing a bit of technical knowledge gained through experience, i would have said, "dude, you got your ass kicked! anybody could have made that defense. how did you mess that up? it was so easy; we all saw a perfect opening." then i would have gone on to lose my next match right in front of him, but blamed my asthma for the loss.
    --------

Quote Originally Posted by it is fake View Post
    yeah, normally i'd get a quote, but couldn't be bothered.

Registered Member

Posted On:
    10/03/2010 12:51pm

Style: Watching from the stands

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by helmutlvx View Post
    If you don't know, you're "that guy".
    "When you meet him you'll know" is also acceptable.

BJJ wins again!

Posted On:
    10/03/2010 1:34pm

supporting member
     Style: Guns

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Is anybody going to explain the random "I guess you oughta treat me" rule to Lebell? Because I'm a proud member of Team America* and I have no idea where he got that either.
    And in my classroom, if a kid threatens to "treat" you or starts hooting about how "he got treated!" it's not anything to do with buying people anything.

*(**** YEAH)

Featherweight

Posted On:
    10/03/2010 2:05pm

Bullshido Newbie
     Style: BJJ, Muay Thai

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    GODDAMMIT, PEOPLE ON THE INTERNET ARE WRONG ABOUT ME! I'm not going to sleep tonight...

Posted On:
    10/03/2010 5:01pm

supporting member

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by kimura92 View Post
    Luckily I don't really have many "That Guy"/s at my school. Everybody is super fucking chill as a general (usually true) rule, they deal with my noobiness quite well :) I do however have issues with people at school and friends of friends. Whenever the conversation goes to martial arts, most people are normal, but some are crazy and do the "OMG you're a God! I'm so afraid of you now!" (fucking creepy and awkward as ****, I don't want to be made into "that guy") or I get the guys who somehow see casual conversation as me trying to dominate them somehow. These people I've realized as well ALWAYS have done whatever art I'm talking about ALWAYS for a period of 4-6 years ALWAYS it was a private lesson setup and ALWAYS they only know the basic level of knowledge about the game (take for example a guy who claimed 6 years in Jiu Jitsu, I asked him if he was flexible enough to do the rubberguard or how to do a omoplata "You mean like...a triangle choke -_- I have like 5 months of BJJ and I know how to do a omoplata)
    GODDAMMIT, PEOPLE ON THE INTERNET ARE WRONG ABOUT ME! I'm not going to sleep tonight...
    sorry, but your post does kind of read as "that guy"

however, you do bring up a good example. i can't stand the dudes that always have done whatever it is you are talking about. somebody mentions their tournies from kiddy krotty days and that guy had a room full of trophies. somebody mentions the first time they forgot to exhale and look at their belt while getting thrown and that guy gave and/or received a concussion from the same thing, somebody talks about how happy they were to get their TKD 2nd degree black belt, and that guy did it when he was 13. somebody can't make it to the tourny at the end of the month because their sister is graduating with her PhD, and that guy calls him a ****** because when his 2nd cousin graduated from high school the same day that he had a tourny, he said **** it and went to fight and got so many gold medals they just upgraded him to one platinum medal.
    --------

POWERRR!

Posted On:
    10/03/2010 5:06pm

Join us... or die
     Style: Boxing.MMA

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    It's times like this you damn Americans should wish you knew who the **** Jay from 'the inbetweeners' is

YouTube - The Inbetweeners | Jay | E4
    "The hero and the coward both feel the same thing, but the hero projects his fear onto his opponent while the coward runs. 'Fear'. It's the same thing, but it's what you do with it that matters". - Cus D'Amato
    Spoiler:

Posted On:
    10/03/2010 5:26pm

supporting member

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    winner
    --------

Has entered Barovia...

Posted On:
    10/03/2010 5:39pm

supporting member

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    I'm sooo that guy.

I usually don't like to talk during training,
    and usually don't tell people that I have trained before.

N00bs cry a lot when I am around.

Especially that retarded kid with six weeks of training that tells you:
    "Kick harder, noobie, 'cause I ain't feeling it."

Mwaha

haha

hahahahahaha

Registered Member

Posted On:
    10/03/2010 5:46pm

Style: Bjj

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!

dude, im sorry, but this post cements you as that guy
Page 8 of 17 FirstFirst ... 45678 9101112 ... LastLast