Page 4 of 17 FirstFirst 1234 567814 ... LastLast
Sponsored Links Spacer Image

Posted On:
    10/01/2010 10:31pm

Join us... or die
     Style: BJJ

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Damn it I am that guy yet again. I have 2 left feet and no technique what so ever but a good amount of knowledge on the theory and academics of it all so sometimes I find myself saying something stupid especially where the theory and practicality don't meet.
    This is usually in question form like oh why don't we do it this way or what not as opposed to your wrong you should do it this way. I try and not interrupt class with these questions but sometimes my intellectual curiosity gets the better of me.

Registered Member

Posted On:
    10/01/2010 10:35pm

Style: Judo & BJJ hacker

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by 2groggy View Post
    That guy at our judo club ... Is he a dork or a d-bag?
    The message at the top of my posts is "2groggy ... is mean. Most are retarded. But 2groggy can turn off being mean."

This is paraphrasing something I said about that guy.

"I'm mean, but that guy is retarded. I can turn off being mean."

Merry Christmas! shitter's full...

Posted On:
    10/02/2010 12:39am

supporting member
     Style: BJJ/Judo

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by 2groggy View Post
    That guy at our judo club is one of the people that just don't get it. He doesn't know when he is being disrespectful. He doesn't know when he is being dangerous. When the class is working on one specific technique, he is doing something slightly different. He's often doing something gross with a finger and a place to put it. He take a bottle of water without throwing his 50 cents in the tin. He just doesn't get it.

One instructor's day job is teaching autistic children and she says that they have a better understanding of what is appropriate and what is not. Quite frankly she hate's his guts. Were it her club, he'd be persona non grata.

We can't tell if he really has some mental disfunction or simply doesn't care. Is he a dork or a d-bag?
    he's probably both. a lot of "those guys" are looking to fulfill a ninja/krottykid fantasy at the same time as having no social understanding or grace whatsoever.

but i am glad somebody mentioned their "that guy" taking water bottles without putting money in the tin. i had forgotten about one of my "that guy" happenings. i went to train one night and forgot change for the water/poweraid tin, all i had was a 5 and a 20. the tin was empty, so i threw the five in and told the people standing behind me that poweraid was on me that night (50 cents a pop, about 7 guys behind me). one of the guys was "that guy".

the next practice, i went to get a powerade, threw a dollar bill into the tin, and i was digging out my change, and "that guy" said, "thanks for the drink!" and took the last strawberry lemonaid poweraid out of the cooler. by the time i realized he thought i had paid for him again, he was already slurping down the last of my favorite flavor, and i had to take a shitty blue one.
    --------

Quote Originally Posted by it is fake View Post
    yeah, normally i'd get a quote, but couldn't be bothered.

Registered Member

Posted On:
    10/02/2010 2:48am

Style: Taijutsu, Hsing I

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by keke View Post
    Another time, in BJJ some kid thought it was cool to wear his TKD gi and his black belt to class. Jesus christ. Whats up with those kinds of people? Do they really think their black belt in a shitty art makes them bad asses.
    If they came from a shitty art or school, they don't know any better....Reality checks are always painful.

Posted On:
    10/02/2010 4:26am

Style: Kettles (MA hiatus).

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    At my last club we had a 'that guy' who refused to tone down the contact level in sparring. He always swedged on his partner regardless of the drill or set level of sparring and always 'cheated', as in clinch, knee and try and throw of we were boxing to warm up or he'd land odd elbows in open sparring without pads.

The instructor would come down on him hard but he was a sneaky fucker and would do it on the sly.

I asked him why he did it and he came out with the RBSD bullshit argument that every fight is a life or death situation and 'you have to do what you have to do'. I couldn't see how that could be applied to elbowing teenage boys in the face on thier second lesson but it did give me an excuse to pannel him badly.

Just waiting for the paperboy.

Posted On:
    10/02/2010 4:42am

supporting member

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    I used to be a that guy to the local shotokan class.
    I swear that entire class was full of douchebags.
    The teacher was awesome but old and he was very friendly which meant: asshole loudmouth karateka kids.
    at the school they taught judo, jj, and karate.
    i had one of those subscriptions where you can do all lessons if you'd like.
    i trained sanda at another school, and the shotokan lesson was scheduled in front of judo once a week on the roster.
    That day was my shotokan day: real life trolling.
    Oh how they hated my guts when i'd knock em on their asses.

I also knew this other guy from back when i taught sd: he had a black belt in kempo and knew everything better, he insisted that i taught him to defend against 5 guys coming at him with baseballbats and ****.

Registered Member

Posted On:
    10/02/2010 5:38am

Style: judo

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by STB'A View Post
    we all have one in our gyms. now is your chance to vent.

as for myself, "that guy" is a zit face nerd who's as soft as a DQ blizzard who makes sexual comments about the girls on the team every fucking week. i've corrected him twice, once in front of other guys on the team as they frowned and shook their heads in scorn.

oh, and he wears basketball shorts to practice, which would be fine, but he sometimes forgets to change out of his boxers and into some compression shorts or jock strap. i've seen his nutsack. so have a few others.
    This is me. Now I understand why I get so many Knee rides..

Registered Member

Posted On:
    10/02/2010 8:29am

Style: Karate

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    I used to be that know-it-all know-nothing. It took decades of life to beat it out of me, after which I became a good listener, more able to honor and appreciate others for who they are, and for what they know, and for what they can do.

It also took people who mentored me on how to be different, which took morale courage and decided constructive effort on their part. God bless them.

Registered Member

Posted On:
    10/02/2010 8:43am

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by Lebell View Post
    I also knew this other guy from back when i taught sd: he had a black belt in kempo and knew everything better, he insisted that i taught him to defend against 5 guys coming at him with baseballbats and ****.
    Let me guess. After trying to reason with him, you actually had 5 guys attack him with "baseball bats and ****."

Just waiting for the paperboy.

Posted On:
    10/02/2010 9:16am

supporting member

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by Nicko1 View Post
    Let me guess. After trying to reason with him, you actually had 5 guys attack him with "baseball bats and ****."
    Man..this guy was horrible...extremely arrogant.
    He came in the regular kungfu class and during sparring he went in really hard like he was some tough guy.
    In that time i was busy training for an upcoming match so when he kept being a dick he got paired with me since he liked 'hard sparring', after a pathetic beating i assumed he learned his lesson.
    Next week it was like he forgot anything happened.
    Then when i started teachng the sd classes he was the first to join, but only to be a smug prick.
    We had an awesome SD class..i miss that, we had judo bb's and occasionally a bjj blue dropping by, etc.
Page 4 of 17 FirstFirst 1234 567814 ... LastLast