Merry Christmas! shitter's full...

Posted On:
    10/01/2010 1:29pm

supporting member
     Style: BJJ/Judo

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!

the "that guy" thread

we all have one in our gyms. now is your chance to vent.

as for myself, "that guy" is a zit face nerd who's as soft as a DQ blizzard who makes sexual comments about the girls on the team every fucking week. i've corrected him twice, once in front of other guys on the team as they frowned and shook their heads in scorn.

oh, and he wears basketball shorts to practice, which would be fine, but he sometimes forgets to change out of his boxers and into some compression shorts or jock strap. i've seen his nutsack. so have a few others.
    --------

Quote Originally Posted by it is fake View Post
    yeah, normally i'd get a quote, but couldn't be bothered.

Posted On:
    10/01/2010 2:10pm

Join us... or die
     Style: Bits and pieces

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by STB'A View Post

as for myself, "that guy" is a zit face nerd who's as soft as a DQ blizzard who makes sexual comments about the girls on the team every fucking week. i've corrected him twice, once in front of other guys on the team as they frowned and shook their heads in scorn.

oh, and he wears basketball shorts to practice, which would be fine, but he sometimes forgets to change out of his boxers and into some compression shorts or jock strap. i've seen his nutsack. so have a few others.
    Snap his arm.

Posted On:
    10/01/2010 2:14pm

Join us... or die
     Style: mma /boxing/muai thai

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    I really cannot think of anyone at my gym who is a duschebag. So that probbly means I am "That Guy"

Registered Member

Posted On:
    10/01/2010 2:18pm

Style: Hokutoryu Ju-jutsu

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!

Crush him, see him driven before you, and hear the lamentations of his... umm... mum?

1% Shark is better than you.

Posted On:
    10/01/2010 2:27pm

supporting memberforum leaderstaff
     Style: BJJ/Shidokan

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    We only have "that guy" in the white belt class. Unless you mean the 280 pound former NCAA champ and wrestling coach who is supposedly a blue belt. He's not a jerk on purpose just miserable to roll with.

pro nonsense self defense

Posted On:
    10/01/2010 2:31pm

supporting member
     Style: FMA, dumbek, Indian clubs

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    We had this guy at my kung fu school who thought he was already a martial arts expert since he was a brown belt at a United Studios Mcdojo. He was such a stereotypical weakling I feel bad even raggin on him, but he was kind of a douche so it’s sort of justified. He had a bag of inhalers and stuff and had to leave class fairly regularly to take breaks (and I didn’t run especially hard classes; old ladies and stuff could keep up). He looked like a combination of Napoleon Dynamite and Fred Ettish, and sparred with that goofy waving one arm up one arm down sideways horse stance style. I was astounded to learn that he was 24 years old; I thought the guy was like 15. He always had a drawing pad with him, presumably to draw ligers.

There was also a guy, mid 20s, who did event security. I almost never saw him train, but he had been at the school for years. He had the pasty, doughy build of a serious desk jockey or gamer, and he would talk about how sparring isn’t that useful since a low side kick could cripple someone. He also tried to assume some badass points because he was a security guard, but I was also a guard and knew just how non-badass the job of a security guard is. I never sparred with him, but I’ll bet I could have shown him what a tool he was being about barely training and avoiding sparring.

Registered Member

Posted On:
    10/01/2010 2:33pm

Style: Out of Practice

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Krav being RBSD tends to attract more than its fair share of 'that guy's, but the worst is probably this one who is not at all athletic, very injury prone, and keeps taking away from class time by asking lots of very specific, scenario driven, what-if type questions during instructional times.

Worst of all, though, is that he keeps asking me to "do some training with him outside of class", or "go to the range sometime" which I would typically love to do, but the way he does it always seems to come off as being really creepy in a 'I want to get you into the back of my van' sort of way. . .

Registered Member

Posted On:
    10/01/2010 2:36pm

Style: BJJ

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Knee on belly for the entire match next time?

Certified Personal Trainer and Drinker of Coffee

Posted On:
    10/01/2010 2:44pm

supporting member
     Style: SAMBO/BJJ/Judo and others

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!

If I ever had that guy in my class I would grind his face with my knee til he learned to respect his fellow students. I would then have my wife beat the crap out of him until he starts to cry.

Registered Member

Posted On:
    10/01/2010 2:49pm

Style: Suio Ryu Iai Kenpo

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    "That guy" in our group looks kind of like Napoleon Dynamite, wears fingerless biker gloves to training, has an exaggerated "badass" strut that looks like he's trying to un-stick his ballsack from his leg, and always argues with our instructor about the techniques and drills we're practicing and always comparing them to "the style he practiced before coming here."

When asked about where he used to train, he stated that he came up with his own style based off of martial arts movies he's watched.
Page 1 of 17 1 234511 ... LastLast