218281 Bullies, 8461 online  
  • Register
Our Sponsors:

Results 21 to 28 of 28
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
Sponsored Links Spacer Image
  1. It is Fake is offline
    It is Fake's Avatar

    Administrator

    Join Date
    Jan 2005
    Posts
    33,603

    Points
    64,358
    Achievements:
    Three FriendsRecommendation First ClassOverdriveVeteran50000 Experience Points

    Posted On:
    4/10/2011 12:02am

    staff
     Style: xingyi

    --
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    He questioned a BJJ Black Belt's competition record and teaching ability negatively in this thread where you are posting. Then he says a Judo instructor was disrespectful to him all in the span of three minutes. That's two thread bumps, with negativity, in the span of three minutes, and all in an area where he teaches.

    I do find it funny you refuse to acknowledge his SCMA insults after it has been mentioned multiple times. Yet, you feel that the SHJ coment is okay and somehow makes everything else seem strange.


    I haven't been there for years, so I can't comment on what they do now. Their instruction was ok, but it was not better or worse than any other school.

    Their web sites brags about their instructor being a champion where he was 1st out of 1 or being a medalist being 2nd out of 2. Seriously, winning "silver" at the pan-ams consisted of losing 1 match. All his gold medals at nationals were 1st out of 1. The only medal I can respect is his silver at nationals one year, because he could have won a match.
    Yes, I will call that bias.

    How are you getting the run around when your issues were addressed and I said I won't give you the link?
    Last edited by It is Fake; 4/10/2011 12:05am at .
  2. kaneda33 is offline

    Join Date
    Apr 2011
    Posts
    7

    Points
    55

    Posted On:
    4/10/2011 12:47am

    Bullshido Newbie
     

    --
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by kaneda33 View Post
    i see one bad experience with what is his competition(this thread)
    how am i refusing to acknowledge this again?

    did he lie about anything he said in about scma in this thread? i honestly dont know.


    and you dont understand how i think im getting the run around?

    you brought up some **** from another thread
    i ask you for a link
    you say no
    so i search for it
    and because i searched for it you accuse me of adding bias and looking for ways to defend him

    "WOW, JUST WOW"


    "Then you didn't search correctly"
    "how did i search wrong"
    "These are words you introduced that have made you add your own perception to the thread. No one, but you, said search posts."

    "Oh, I am not talking competitors as in competition."
    "i dont know what you meant by that"
    "You have misunderstood the use of competition in this thread."


    "i cant for the life of me understand how you can accuse me of bias."
    you give ma an example of what you think is someone else being biased


    your right man, thats as straight forward as **** gets

    i just happened to see a post in his last 5 where he vouches for another school(a bjj school mind you, one thats actually competition of his instead of straight judo school) that post shits all over the theory that he only bad mouths schools in his area for the sole reason of creating business for himself.

    the only thing that seems strange is that because i have a completely logical way of thinking im some how looked down upon here
  3. It is Fake is offline
    It is Fake's Avatar

    Administrator

    Join Date
    Jan 2005
    Posts
    33,603

    Points
    64,358
    Achievements:
    Three FriendsRecommendation First ClassOverdriveVeteran50000 Experience Points

    Posted On:
    4/10/2011 1:52am

    staff
     Style: xingyi

    --
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by kaneda33 View Post

    and you dont understand how i think im getting the run around?

    you brought up some **** from another thread
    i ask you for a link
    you say no
    so i search for it
    and because i searched for it you accuse me of adding bias and looking for ways to defend him
    You brought in "****" from another thread, in defense of his posts. Of course, Completely ignoring two very negative posts that have no verifiable proof as of now.


    "Then you didn't search correctly"
    "how did i search wrong"
    "These are words you introduced that have made you add your own perception to the thread. No one, but you, said search posts."
    I said "thread" not "post" didn't I? Yep. You decided to look for individual posts. As I said earlier, I have nothing against frodo and will not post the link to the other thread. You want drama? Then try contacting him again through myspace.


    you give ma an example of what you think is someone else being biased
    Nope, I explained why I said you were biased. That post is the one you refuse to address. You keep reinforcing your bias, to me, by accusing people of things they didn't say.

    i just happened to see a post in his last 5 where he vouches for another school(a bjj school mind you, one thats actually competition of his instead of straight judo school) that post shits all over the theory that he only bad mouths schools in his area for the sole reason of creating business for himself.
    Your theory correct? No one else floated that theory in either thread.

    Weird how everyone said:
    Quote Originally Posted by soldiermedic
    So you happened to have two "bad" experiences with two schools that just happen to be your current competitors for a growing market?
    Quote Originally Posted by Soldermedic
    You dont understand how someone who owns their own gym in the same geographic location of two others would be compelled to post allegedly "bad" experiences not so much to "get
    Quote Originally Posted by Soldiermedic
    Would you like to talk about why you've made 2 thread posts in the past 3 minutes degrading two Pittsburgh area martial arts schools?
    Quote Originally Posted by Iif
    You are an instructor who blasted two schools in threads that were long inactive. You then go on to insult a BJJ Blackbelt's competition record for no reason and in another thread talk about an alleged insult.
    Weird how we are talking about "two specific schools" and repeatedly use the word "two" yet somehow, in your style of reading "two" means:

    Quote Originally Posted by k33
    that post shits all over the theory that he only bad mouths schools in his area for the sole reason of creating business for himself.
    and:
    Quote Originally Posted by k33
    that completely contradicts the implications in this thread that he just bad mouths his competition, unless he has some incentive to vouch for that school.

    So, it shits on the strawman you created that we are saying "bad mouths schools in his area." You used Gracie Barra as an example so, specificity counts.

    the only thing that seems strange is that because i have a completely logical way of thinking im some how looked down upon here
    You forgot fallacy at the end of "logical."
  4. kaneda33 is offline

    Join Date
    Apr 2011
    Posts
    7

    Points
    55

    Posted On:
    4/10/2011 4:00am

    Bullshido Newbie
     

    --
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    this is sad at this point

    Quote Originally Posted by It is Fake View Post
    You brought in "****" from another thread, in defense of his posts. Of course, Completely ignoring two very negative posts that have no verifiable proof as of now.

    check the time line again..
    you brought up **** from another thread 1st. THEN i found what i found because you left it vague and wouldnt link it. "if you saw this other stuff he said than you it makes these comments worse."



    I said "thread" not "post" didn't I? Yep. You decided to look for individual posts. As I said earlier, I have nothing against frodo and will not post the link to the other thread. You want drama? Then try contacting him again through myspace.

    derrrr, i cant look at his posts to see what threads hes posted in. derrrrrrrrrrrrr. like im gonna go digging through every thread hes ever posted in or i can see exactly what he said and if its pertinent i can check the rest of the thread.


    it also just happens to be the easiest way to search through this forum because of the way its set up. there are no threads started by him and when i go to use the advanced search, put in frodo as user name and click on forum it comes back with no results.


    Nope, I explained why I said you were biased. That post is the one you refuse to address. You keep reinforcing your bias, to me, by accusing people of things they didn't say.

    complete lie. i never ignored it, i even have an exact quote where i mention it, and then again i ask if he statements are false. also see below

    Your theory correct? No one else floated that theory in either thread.

    are you illiterate ?

    Quote Originally Posted by soldiermedic25 View Post
    You dont understand how someone who owns their own gym in the same geographic location of two others would be compelled to post allegedly "bad" experiences not so much to "get if off his chest" but in the interest of drumming up his own business?







    Weird how we are talking about "two specific schools" and repeatedly use the word "two" yet somehow, in your style of reading "two" means:

    you confuse easily and cute of you to leave out the part of soldiers quote where he says frodos doing this to help his business.


    So, it shits on the strawman you created that we are saying "bad mouths schools in his area." You used Gracie Barra as an example so, specificity counts.


    yeah man




    "You dont understand how someone who owns their own gym in the same geographic location of two others would be compelled to post allegedly "bad" experiences not so much to "get if off his chest" but in the interest of drumming up his own business?"

    and

    "your saying he only bad mouths schools in his area to benefit his business"


    i just pulled that out of thin air

    who knows where i came up with it, huh?





    and this is what goes for a mod here? dude that picks fights and insists on arguing over semantics.

    "because we have said "two" its completely asinine to believe that he would do this to any other schools. this drumming up of business for himself can only coincide with these 2 specific schools... ignore the fact that one is a judo only school. nothing else in the area means anything."



    i asked you how i searched wrong, instead of explaining it to me you acted like a child

    i came in looking for an explination with no ill intent and from the every beginning im met with insults and accusations because its assumed im on a mission to defend a guy who i messaged 2 years ago about the pitt grappling club. a guy that if you look at his post history is hardly even an active member here.


    fucking pathetic

    have fun with this forum, i can see its really all about no bs
  5. It is Fake is offline
    It is Fake's Avatar

    Administrator

    Join Date
    Jan 2005
    Posts
    33,603

    Points
    64,358
    Achievements:
    Three FriendsRecommendation First ClassOverdriveVeteran50000 Experience Points

    Posted On:
    4/10/2011 9:33am

    staff
     Style: xingyi

    --
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by kaneda33 View Post
    this is sad at this point
    Yes, especially this part.

    you confuse easily and cute of you to leave out the part of soldiers quote where he says frodos doing this to help his business.
    This is called cherry picking. He talks about two specific schools and makes a comment about drumming up business. That means he is talking about those two schools.

    check the time line again..
    you brought up **** from another thread 1st. THEN i found what i found because you left it vague and wouldnt link it. "if you saw this other stuff he said than you it makes these comments worse."
    Yes, I did bring in **** from another thread as did you. I like how you inject **** as you go along. I parroted your comment and you go to timelines. The point is we both did and you are crying about it now.

    "You dont understand how someone who owns their own gym in the same geographic location of two others would be compelled to post allegedly "bad" experiences not so much to "get if off his chest" but in the interest of drumming up his own business?"
    Again not all, like you keep implying but two. Do, you see that word two? Removing the sentence doesn't negate the context.



    "your saying he only bad mouths schools in his area to benefit his business"
    Nope, in actuality he is telling you how it looks. All I said is it LOOKS like he has an agenda and that people have a problem with frodo's posts. You escalated it from that point.


    i just pulled that out of thin air

    who knows where i came up with it, huh?
    Yes, you did pull it out of thin air. You came up with it out of that straw you have next to your computer. If we specifically talk about two threads and two schools, you extending to all schools is you being a liar. No one said anything remotely close to "I bet he does this to all schools. Unless, of course, we count your selective editing.


    and this is what goes for a mod here? dude that picks fights and insists on arguing over semantics.
    Yep. The fact that we are talking about two schools and you want to extended to all of the schools in the area is an important point. Then again liars tend to generalize so they can play with straw.

    "because we have said "two" its completely asinine to believe that he would do this to any other schools. this drumming up of business for himself can only coincide with these 2 specific schools... ignore the fact that one is a judo only school. nothing else in the area means anything."
    Yes, If I say you are an asshole it doesn't mean your entire family is an asshole. Of course, you would say I was insulting your entire family even if I just used your name because, I added another sentence and you don't understand context or semantics.


    i asked you how i searched wrong, instead of explaining it to me you acted like a child
    Don't children pout when they don't get their way? How many times have you cried about not getting the link that I am talking about? Yes, right back at you child.

    i came in looking for an explination with no ill intent and from the every beginning im met with insults and accusations because its assumed im on a mission to defend a guy who i messaged 2 years ago about the pitt grappling club. a guy that if you look at his post history is hardly even an active member here.
    Are you defending the guy? Are you enraged and hurling insults? Have you lied to make your point? Have made unwarranted leaps in logic? Did you create your own straw-man? Yes, to all of that but you aren't defending the guy? Okay.

    Also, it is noted that you don't have the time to check all of his threads. Yet, here you sit crying because you can't get all of the information.

    You started the insults even if they were passive aggressive.

    fucking pathetic
    Go contact him on myspace like you did before and ask him to provide you the link since it is that important to you. Then you can come back, report my post again, and complain that you had to get the information you wanted all by yourself.

    have fun with this forum, i can see its really all about no bs
    Oh look the pouting good bye. I hope your back gets better so, this pent up rage can be put to good use. Good bye rage poster not defending while defending someone.
    Last edited by It is Fake; 4/10/2011 9:53am at .
  6. TopRamen is offline

    Join Date
    Sep 2010
    Location
    Pittsburgh
    Posts
    7

    Points
    476
    Achievements:
    3 months registered

    Posted On:
    4/11/2011 2:09am

    Bullshido Newbie
     Style: BJJ

    --
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Let me clear some things up. I posted a review of SCMA because i train there and happen to really enjoy it. I also commented on the SHJ thread because the information was not up to date. Frodo, whom i personally know, decided he wanted to stir the pot and chimed in with negative comments about those two schools.

    I have talked to Frodo at great length about him leaving SCMA and the fallout with SHJ. If you ask him, he did nothing wrong but that is not the case. He was training at SCMA and receiving rank but training and teaching at different locations that were not affiliated with SCMA. He was asked to choose a school and Frodo did not choose SCMA.

    As far as his fallout with SHJ goes. Frodo was renting mat space in their building but then got mad because he couldn't get the class times he wanted. So instead of realizing it was not his building and being understanding, he decided to close his BJJ school all together and blame it on the guys at SHJ.
  7. thanedub is offline

    Join Date
    Jul 2011
    Posts
    1

    Points
    53

    Posted On:
    7/23/2011 1:58am

    Bullshido Newbie
     Style: BJJ

    --
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    I was in Pittsburgh for work (I live in Cali) and trained at SCMA for a couple of months. I had a great time (until I got injured, ha ha), got the best instruction I've ever had, and the facility and the folks running it and training there were top notch. No ego's, just excellent instruction and training. I actually went to one of Frodo's classes at SHJ before I ended up at SCMA. Frodo was a nice, friendly instrucor. In the class I attended, however, there was really no comparison to SCMA. To be fair, that's a purple's class vs. classes with brown and black belts, but SCMA instruction, facility and participants were far superior, period. Any time I'm in Pittsburgh, I will ALWAYS train at Steel City Martial Arts. Great folks, great training.
  8. Rio_01 is offline

    Join Date
    Nov 2012
    Location
    Nomad
    Posts
    2

    Points
    92

    Posted On:
    11/01/2012 3:33pm

    Bullshido Newbie
     Style: BJJ

    --
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    New here so I wanted to post on this. Its a funny situation. I'm good friends with Frodo, and we're on the same team. That said, I've trained at Steel City and I love it there. I've made some good friends there and I really enjoy the time I've spent training there. Everyone welcomed me like I was a long lost bother. The teachers I've worked with and the guys I've rolled with are very legit. I really can't say a bad thing about Steel City. I love it there. I'm not a student there. I just go there when I am in Pitt on business so I can't speak about the cliques or politics because I have not been there enough, but like I said, the time I've spent there has been great!
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  

Powered by vBulletin™© contact@vbulletin.com vBulletin Solutions, Inc. 2011 All rights reserved.