232391 Bullies, 4075 online  
  • Register
Our Sponsors:

Results 41 to 50 of 55
Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst 12345 6 LastLast
Sponsored Links Spacer Image
  1. Emevas is offline
    Emevas's Avatar

    Dysfunctionally Strong

    Join Date
    Dec 2003
    Location
    Minot AFB, ND
    Posts
    6,788

    Posted On:
    10/01/2010 12:31pm

    supporting member
     Style: Boxing/Wrestling

    --
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Mehdi accidentally created a good routine. It makes much more sense to train the bodyweight movements as bodyweight movements rather than to have double strength movements.
    "Emevas,
    You're a scrapper, I like that."-Ronin69
  2. blood riot iori is offline

    Featherweight

    Join Date
    Jun 2010
    Posts
    40

    Posted On:
    10/01/2010 9:10pm

    Bullshido Newbie
     Style: Shotokan.

    --
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by Emevas View Post
    Mehdi accidentally created a good routine. It makes much more sense to train the bodyweight movements as bodyweight movements rather than to have double strength movements.

    i suppose so, but he did list it on the workout itself, about adding weight for those, so that's why i was wondering. It says on there that once you can do 15 straight with good form on any bodyweight movement.
  3. Emevas is offline
    Emevas's Avatar

    Dysfunctionally Strong

    Join Date
    Dec 2003
    Location
    Minot AFB, ND
    Posts
    6,788

    Posted On:
    10/01/2010 9:39pm

    supporting member
     Style: Boxing/Wrestling

    --
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Yea, like I said, the dude accidentally made a good routine. He doesn't have any actual accredidations or accomplishments, and from his youtube page, he's pretty weak and small. He just made a website that had a good routine but for all the wrong reasons. I tell most folks to just do the routine and ignore everything else.
    "Emevas,
    You're a scrapper, I like that."-Ronin69
  4. blood riot iori is offline

    Featherweight

    Join Date
    Jun 2010
    Posts
    40

    Posted On:
    10/01/2010 10:30pm

    Bullshido Newbie
     Style: Shotokan.

    --
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by Emevas View Post
    Yea, like I said, the dude accidentally made a good routine. He doesn't have any actual accredidations or accomplishments, and from his youtube page, he's pretty weak and small. He just made a website that had a good routine but for all the wrong reasons. I tell most folks to just do the routine and ignore everything else.

    i see. The way he talks on that post he sure seems confident in what he's preaching though heh. Guess i'll try it out for a while as it is, as it's going to be a while before i can do 15 straight pullups anyways (10 if i'm lucky now...IF i'm lucky like i said) so i'll stick with it till i can do 15 straight with my bodyweight regardless of w/e else i do later.

    and man oh man did i feel like a ***** squatting with a barbell and benching 45 whole whopping pounds today lol. But i do like the inverted rows, those are alot more challenging then i thought. So i'll give this thing a try for a while and hope for the best :)

    Btw if i may ask, what type of workout do you do?
  5. Emevas is offline
    Emevas's Avatar

    Dysfunctionally Strong

    Join Date
    Dec 2003
    Location
    Minot AFB, ND
    Posts
    6,788

    Posted On:
    10/01/2010 11:22pm

    supporting member
     Style: Boxing/Wrestling

    --
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    I follow Pavel's 3-5 with a few modifications.

    Day A
    Safety squat bar squats 3x5, 1x5 cooldown
    Bench press, 3x5, 1x10-30
    Weighted chins, 3x5, 1xcluster sets

    Day B
    Safety squat bar squats 3x5, 1x5 cooldown
    Strict press, 3x5, 1x10-30
    DB rows, 3x5, 1x10

    Basically, a work capacity set thrown in at the end of the upperbody stuff, with a cooldown at the end of the lower body. Upperbody is all linear progresssion, lower body is following a 3 steps forward, 2 steps back approach (Hit a PR, step back 10lbs, train 3 days to a new PR, step back 10lbs, repeat). In an ideal world I train 3 days a week, but more realistically I train 2 times every 6 days.
    "Emevas,
    You're a scrapper, I like that."-Ronin69
  6. blood riot iori is offline

    Featherweight

    Join Date
    Jun 2010
    Posts
    40

    Posted On:
    10/02/2010 12:02am

    Bullshido Newbie
     Style: Shotokan.

    --
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by Emevas View Post
    I follow Pavel's 3-5 with a few modifications.

    Day A
    Safety squat bar squats 3x5, 1x5 cooldown
    Bench press, 3x5, 1x10-30
    Weighted chins, 3x5, 1xcluster sets

    Day B
    Safety squat bar squats 3x5, 1x5 cooldown
    Strict press, 3x5, 1x10-30
    DB rows, 3x5, 1x10

    Basically, a work capacity set thrown in at the end of the upperbody stuff, with a cooldown at the end of the lower body. Upperbody is all linear progresssion, lower body is following a 3 steps forward, 2 steps back approach (Hit a PR, step back 10lbs, train 3 days to a new PR, step back 10lbs, repeat). In an ideal world I train 3 days a week, but more realistically I train 2 times every 6 days.
    interesting, i'm impressed you're as big as you are with such a small work load, but as i'm learning i guess more isn't always better. Ya that approach seems pretty solid, and it's one i intend on following myself once the weight gets up there again.

    And man lemme tell you how hard of a time i'm having not wanting to work out right now at night...ARGH it's like smoking lol.
  7. alex is offline
    alex's Avatar

    STOP POSTING!

    Join Date
    Oct 2003
    Location
    New Zealand
    Posts
    8,210

    Posted On:
    10/02/2010 3:48am

    supporting member
     Style: Muay Thai

    --
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    it isnt a small work load.
  8. Emevas is offline
    Emevas's Avatar

    Dysfunctionally Strong

    Join Date
    Dec 2003
    Location
    Minot AFB, ND
    Posts
    6,788

    Posted On:
    10/02/2010 9:53am

    supporting member
     Style: Boxing/Wrestling

    --
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    I've done other routines through out my life, some with more volume, like 20 rep squats and Westside Barbell, but Pavel's 3-5 has been very consistent in terms of delivering solid strength gains. Size has really been a factor of eating. I used to eat like it was my job, and I didn't really care how healthy it was, as long as it had a ton of calories. An example would be that I'd go to Wendy's and eat 4-6 double stacks as a meal. I just now started going through a fatloss phase, and have gone from 207 to 189 at 5'9, so I'm not terribly big.
    "Emevas,
    You're a scrapper, I like that."-Ronin69
  9. blood riot iori is offline

    Featherweight

    Join Date
    Jun 2010
    Posts
    40

    Posted On:
    10/02/2010 11:10am

    Bullshido Newbie
     Style: Shotokan.

    --
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by Emevas View Post
    I've done other routines through out my life, some with more volume, like 20 rep squats and Westside Barbell, but Pavel's 3-5 has been very consistent in terms of delivering solid strength gains. Size has really been a factor of eating. I used to eat like it was my job, and I didn't really care how healthy it was, as long as it had a ton of calories. An example would be that I'd go to Wendy's and eat 4-6 double stacks as a meal. I just now started going through a fatloss phase, and have gone from 207 to 189 at 5'9, so I'm not terribly big.
    is the picture in your avatar a current one of you? If so, you are infact big sir, and that's not a bad thing :) Big doesn't necessarily correlate directly to weight, at least as far as i'm concerned. 189 isn't heavy but if that is a current pic of you, you LOOK big :)

    Oh man, 20 rep squats are the devil. It's really irrelevant how much weight you use with that program...it's going to suck regardless lol.

    Man today in mma we had our intense workout before our skills...one of the things we did was a 2 minute wall sit and multiple things that involved jumping...after those squats yesterday my legs are BURNING lol.

    And Alex, i should have said "a small work load compared to what i'm used to doing". This overall amount of work is small compared to what i usually was doing, that's all i meant ;)
  10. Emevas is offline
    Emevas's Avatar

    Dysfunctionally Strong

    Join Date
    Dec 2003
    Location
    Minot AFB, ND
    Posts
    6,788

    Posted On:
    10/02/2010 2:13pm

    supporting member
     Style: Boxing/Wrestling

    --
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Yeah, that pic is about a week old. Just wanted to make sure you didn't think I was Derek Poundstone from my previous avatar. Being 5'9 helps, as I can be a lot more compact at lighter weights compared to taller folks.
    "Emevas,
    You're a scrapper, I like that."-Ronin69
Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst 12345 6 LastLast

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  

Powered by vBulletin™© contact@vbulletin.com vBulletin Solutions, Inc. 2011 All rights reserved.