Sponsored Links Spacer Image

Merry Christmas! shitter's full...

Posted On:
    9/28/2010 4:17pm

supporting member
     Style: BJJ/Judo

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    how tall are you, JNP? looking at the way the leg came around the back, i'm thinking i would get hung up if i tried it your way.
    --------

Quote Originally Posted by it is fake View Post
    yeah, normally i'd get a quote, but couldn't be bothered.

Administrator

Posted On:
    9/28/2010 4:30pm

staff
     Style: Chinese Boxing

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by jnp View Post
    I played around with this today. It seems that being off to the side and having a forearm, rather than just a hand, on the neck helps quite a bit.

What do you think?
    Bicep elbow crook.

Titanium laced beauty

Posted On:
    9/28/2010 5:57pm

supporting memberforum leaderstaff
     Style: BJJ, wrestling

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by Omega the Merciless View Post
    Bicep elbow crook.
    You're saying make sure the inside of my elbow is seated fully to the inside of his elbow while both our arms are bent before I throw? That would be the optimal position for maximizing leverage now that I think about it.

Thanks Mr. O.

WK, I'm 5'10". When I got off to the side, I extended his arm out 90 degrees to his body, creating the most space I could between him and I so I could throw my legs up and pivot around his arm with the least chance of kneeing him in the face. However, this is a learning tool only. No good grappler would let you extend his arm that far out from his body in competition or even sparring.

A stretched out limb is grappler candy.
    Last edited by jnp; 9/28/2010 6:16pm at .

Posted On:
    9/28/2010 6:26pm

Join us... or die
     Style: BJJ

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by Omega the Merciless View Post
    How could I slap my name on it when it was other guys doing it and then showed me?
    That hasn't stopped anyone else. Stop sabotaging your own success with like, morals and stuff.

Posted On:
    9/29/2010 11:57pm

Join us... or die

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by maofas View Post
    Yeah, he might go nuts overturning bingo tables if someone doesn't check him now. God, what a tense situation, I hope the officer didn't develop PTSD.

Unless this old man's name was Karl Gotch or something, give me a break.
    The old guy could have had his whittling knife on him. Heck dealing with drunk people just plain old sucks you never know what the heck they will do. He was already becoming physical yes the guy was old and apparently fragile but really that take down isn't exactly the most violent ones on the planet.

Merry Christmas! shitter's full...

Posted On:
    9/30/2010 12:34am

supporting member
     Style: BJJ/Judo

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    any knife is fucking scary. the inch and a half long blade on my swiss army keychain could do major damage if used correctly.
    --------

Quote Originally Posted by it is fake View Post
    yeah, normally i'd get a quote, but couldn't be bothered.

Posted On:
    9/30/2010 1:00am

forum leader
     Style: BJJ/ MMA/ MT

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Where does it say there was a knife? There wasn't and yet somehow now here we go venturing into fantasy land, "he could've had a fucking GUN, RRRAAAAARGHHHH, that he was going to pull over a $50 fine, he deserves the death chamber, GRRARGH".

84 years old and drunk? Fucking ludicrous he needed much to subdue him, yet now he has a broken neck. Oh he's fragile now? He wasn't when the officer decided to put a move on him.

The OPD are thinking about changing their use of force even while defending the officer, come on, blind Freddy can see it was excessive. Well, he could've if OPD didn't take the batons to him earlier.

Posted On:
    9/30/2010 1:26am

Join us... or die

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by battlefields View Post
    Where does it say there was a knife? There wasn't and yet somehow now here we go venturing into fantasy land, "he could've had a fucking GUN, RRRAAAAARGHHHH, that he was going to pull over a $50 fine, he deserves the death chamber, GRRARGH".

84 years old and drunk? Fucking ludicrous he needed much to subdue him, yet now he has a broken neck. Oh he's fragile now? He wasn't when the officer decided to put a move on him.

The OPD are thinking about changing their use of force even while defending the officer, come on, blind Freddy can see it was excessive. Well, he could've if OPD didn't take the batons to him earlier.
    He indeed could have had a gun/knife/sword/bazooka heck I knew an 80 year old man that was legally blind that carried a gun.
    You missed the point the officer does not know what the gentleman does or does not have at the time. What he does know is the guy was already getting physical and has no idea of how it will escalate. So he used a take down per his training. This take down was with in the use of force guidelines. The take down is not a particularly violent one. It is a shame the guy got hurt more than he should have. Do the use of force guidelines need to be revised maybe? Does the fact that the old man got hurt automatically make the officer a douche bag no, and there isn't enough evidence one way or the other presented to us other than the fact got hurt to make that call.

Posted On:
    9/30/2010 2:02am

forum leader
     Style: BJJ/ MMA/ MT

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    You still have a long way to go to convince me, he showed no sign of having a weapon, yet here you are talking and escalating it to a fucking bazooka? You are not helping the case. It was an old man slapping his hand against the guys shoulder. If the report indicated he said he was going to do something more, I might concede, but a drunk 84 year old man pissed about a fine is as far from a danger to anyone as possible in that situation.

"The take down may not be a particularly violent one", yeah, shown in a controlled way. On the streets it is different, I've been witness to some savage "takedowns" by police on people half their size with their knees planted firmly into the side of their head the guy screaming for his mum and his arms in positioning contortionists were going, "PHWOAR". Unless there was a major operation (there wasn't, it was solid police presence outside an Australian hip hop event), they were just pissed because he did not move on with the rest of the crowd.

Look, I understand cops have it rough, **** there are some real fucking criminlas out there in desperate need of some roughing up, but a bit of context is needed. An old guy slapping is not needed to be taken down. Flank him and cuff him. If you can't do that to even a young drunkard, let alone an 84 year old, some more time at the Academy is needed.

EDIT: Just a quick question, did this cop have a partner?

Posted On:
    9/30/2010 2:16am

Join us... or die

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by battlefields View Post

EDIT: Just a quick question, did this cop have a partner?
    now that is a good question.

Don't get me wrong I am not saying the cop is 100% in the right either. I just understand that an 84 year old drunk man can be dangerous and not being in the cops shoes at the time I am not going to immediately say the guy is an A-hole nor am I totally indemnifying him. I am saying that we haven't been presented with anything other than the guy got taken down and as a result broke his neck but the take down and use of force was with in regulations. Based on that little bit of info I am not going to say one way or the other(although I suppose I am coming off pro-cop here).
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123