Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
Sponsored Links Spacer Image

Registered Member

Posted On:
    10/02/2010 1:04pm

Style: Sambo, MT, BJJ, CH

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    The whole card was great and nice to see cerrone rebound after the benson loss. I don't think I've seen valencia lose that badly before, but the reach advantage for miguel was rather large.

The thought of him moving to 155 in the ufc is pretty exciting, so many potential match-ups. I would kind of like to see a real technical striking match between him and Florian. Still, I don't think he'll actually make the move. Wasn't there talk a while back about him actually going down in weight? Something about grabbing two titles before moving up to 155. Might have just been posturing talk before a fight though.

Registered Member

Posted On:
    10/02/2010 8:27pm

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    i thought i heard something about him wanting to hold not just the 145 title, but also the 135 and 155 titles simultaneously, which is possible to do entirely within the WEC.

i also have no source for that, but i just thought i'd throw that out there.

Featherweight

Posted On:
    10/02/2010 11:16pm

Bullshido Newbie
     Style: BJJ

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    I was surprised the Korean Zombie got KTFO. Not surprised he lost, but I figured he'd be durable like he was in the last match. And is George Roop the tallest 135-pounder out there?

Also, is there any reason Manny didn't try to take down Aldo? I've only seen Aldo fight Faber and Gamburyan, so maybe I've missed the matches where he displays his deadly ground game. I just figured Manny being stockier and with his judo pedigree would focus more on grinding him down.

Registered Member

Posted On:
    10/03/2010 6:54pm

Style: kickboxing

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by heikengi View Post
    I was surprised the Korean Zombie got KTFO. Not surprised he lost, but I figured he'd be durable like he was in the last match. And is George Roop the tallest 135-pounder out there?

Also, is there any reason Manny didn't try to take down Aldo? I've only seen Aldo fight Faber and Gamburyan, so maybe I've missed the matches where he displays his deadly ground game. I just figured Manny being stockier and with his judo pedigree would focus more on grinding him down.
    Manny definitely made some committed take down attempts later in the fight, and they were completely stuffed. Although, I'm sure the knee to the face and subsequent leg kicks in the first round didn't help his cause.

Faber couldn't get Aldo down, and I think he has better takedowns than Manny. Maybe Manny decided not to go that route because of that.

Posted On:
    10/04/2010 7:25am

Style: bjj/judo

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by wakarukaya View Post
    Manny definitely made some committed take down attempts later in the fight, and they were completely stuffed. Although, I'm sure the knee to the face and subsequent leg kicks in the first round didn't help his cause.

Faber couldn't get Aldo down, and I think he has better takedowns than Manny. Maybe Manny decided not to go that route because of that.
    I really would have thought he would have tried to tie him up and take him down or throw him from clinch.

1% Shark is better than you.

Posted On:
    10/04/2010 10:31am

supporting memberforum leaderstaff
     Style: BJJ/Shidokan

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Aldo has solid takedown defense and fires leg kicks before anyone can get settled.

In fact I'd say he is the best leg kick strategist in the modern era. It really warms my heart to see someone using leg kicks correctly. It is my personal style and belief that upsetting peoples legs the right way is the most efective thing you can do against a large variety of fighters.

Registered Member

Posted On:
    10/04/2010 8:30pm

Style: Working out

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by WhiteShark View Post
    Aldo has solid takedown defense and fires leg kicks before anyone can get settled.

In fact I'd say he is the best leg kick strategist in the modern era. It really warms my heart to see someone using leg kicks correctly. It is my personal style and belief that upsetting peoples legs the right way is the most efective thing you can do against a large variety of fighters.
    I agree, he utilizes that 1-2 leg kick beautifully.

Registered Member

Posted On:
    10/16/2010 7:29am

Style: None

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    What's everybody's opinion on Zhang Tie Quan's performance?

Registered Member

Posted On:
    10/17/2010 4:45pm

Style: Isshin-ryu

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by WhiteShark View Post

And thats why shogun wrecks ****.
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12