Thread: hello

Style
    Kuntao Shaolin
    --
    Hell yeah! Hell no!

hello

I have been reading some stuff on Shaolin-Do and central plains Shaolin (Hiang Kwang The') the last few days. The stories are based on wuxia, and are all most likely exxagerated.

I can attest to the great skill of Sin The' & some of his students pre- 1990. Back then he looked like a Mexican & was the Grande Master, didn't have the mullet. Any story that is real (I haven't seen any verifiable or even slightly believeable) isn't going to be believed because the other stuff.

I've watched them jump over guys heads, do some incredible breaking techniques, and demonstrate other techniques like Iron Shirt & Iron palm with exceptional mastery. I've also watched some sparring that is testament to the skill of Black Belts that take the conditioning seriously.

He has fell out with a ton of schools & his ex students over time because of the Shaolin Do business model. But even those people that have no vested interest in defending Sin, and think that he is a little wacko would agree that Shaolin Do is a worthwhile endeavor that increases your power, flexibility, muscle memory. The evolution toward high costs, mystical histories, and other bullshit is the problem.

Style
    xingyi
    --
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by AGJ View Post
    I have been reading some stuff on Shaolin-Do and central plains Shaolin (Hiang Kwang The') the last few days. The stories are based on wuxia, and are all most likely exxagerated.

I can attest to the great skill of Sin The' & some of his students pre- 1990. Back then he looked like a Mexican & was the Grande Master, didn't have the mullet. Any story that is real (I haven't seen any verifiable or even slightly believeable) isn't going to be believed because the other stuff.

I've watched them jump over guys heads, do some incredible breaking techniques, and demonstrate other techniques like Iron Shirt & Iron palm with exceptional mastery. I've also watched some sparring that is testament to the skill of Black Belts that take the conditioning seriously.

He has fell out with a ton of schools & his ex students over time because of the Shaolin Do business model. But even those people that have no vested interest in defending Sin, and think that he is a little wacko would agree that Shaolin Do is a worthwhile endeavor that increases your power, flexibility, muscle memory. The evolution toward high costs, mystical histories, and other bullshit is the problem.
    Welcome to bullshido. No, this is not a good enough reason to bump this thread. You have basically just type and summarized about two hundred different posts in this thread.

Getting to the bottom of Shaolin-do - No BS MMA and Martial Arts

Style
    Kuntao Shaolin
    --
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Well, then delete it, don't be a dick & move it somewhere that I had no intention of posting it at. I cant edit it, so delete it.