228413 Bullies, 4276 online  
  • Register
Our Sponsors:

Results 41 to 50 of 51
Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst 12345 6 LastLast
Sponsored Links Spacer Image
  1. chainpunch is offline

    Registered Member

    Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Location
    Raleigh/ Durham, NC
    Posts
    562

    Posted On:
    10/21/2010 12:38pm

    Business Class Supporting Member
      Style: Wing Chun

    --
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by Mr. Machette View Post
    errgh... That isn't the only time somebodies tried this on film...

    YouTube - AK 47 vs M16

    Cinder block test at 2.59.

    It's simply a matter of mass. The .30 cal is bigger, heavier, and it will hit harder. Period.

    Wait a minute now... Have you ever shot a cinderblock with 5.56? The video I showed is the same block just put sideways so you can see that the round will go through the enitre depth 8". It will go clean through. The differance with the 7.52 is that it will shatter the block but the block is only an inch thick but it will go through both walls as you can see it can go through the entire depth of the block.

    The test you showed was a retaining wall block and it is solid but I can assure you the 556 can go through it at <100m but the 726 will bust it into pieces.
  2. Cassius is online now
    Cassius's Avatar

    Moderator

    Join Date
    Mar 2005
    Posts
    6,992

    Posted On:
    10/21/2010 1:56pm

    supporting memberforum leader
     Style: Brazilian Jiu-Jitsu

    --
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by Mr. Machette View Post
    That's nice. I was asking how 6.5 does against a brick wall. I could give a crap what's happening with Lake cities contracts right now. That has nothing to do with me.
    The thread cares. The thread cares.
    "No. Listen to me because I know what I'm talking about here." -- Hannibal
  3. Cannon_6 is offline

    Registered Member

    Join Date
    Jun 2007
    Posts
    421

    Posted On:
    10/22/2010 9:59am


     Style: Muay Thai

    --
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Hmm... perhaps the fact that the .458 projectile in the video was made of solid brass influenced its performance a tad.

    And since when is "Can it shoot through a brick wall?" a valid criterion for judging a standard battle rifle round? Brick wall not shoot back.
  4. Mr. Machette is offline

    Senior Member

    Join Date
    Sep 2009
    Posts
    2,681

    Posted On:
    10/26/2010 8:53pm

    Join us... or die
     Style: FMA, Ego Warrior

    --
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by Cannon_6 View Post
    And since when is "Can it shoot through a brick wall?" a valid criterion for judging a standard battle rifle round? Brick wall not shoot back.
    It demonstrates something a full power .30 riffle cartridge has been doing admirably since the days of Bonnie and Clyde.

    And that is turning "cover", into "concealment".

    Yes, the wall does not shoot back. The d-bag behind the wall trying to kill you does. Why wouldn't you want to deprive said d-bag of their safety?
  5. Mr. Machette is offline

    Senior Member

    Join Date
    Sep 2009
    Posts
    2,681

    Posted On:
    10/26/2010 8:54pm

    Join us... or die
     Style: FMA, Ego Warrior

    --
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by Cassius View Post
    The thread cares. The thread cares.
    Sorry, you are right.

    Since the thread is about the current state of common military calibers, and why we use the ones we do, you are dead on.
  6. Cannon_6 is offline

    Registered Member

    Join Date
    Jun 2007
    Posts
    421

    Posted On:
    10/27/2010 3:01pm


     Style: Muay Thai

    --
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by Mr. Machette View Post
    Yes, the wall does not shoot back. The d-bag behind the wall trying to kill you does. Why wouldn't you want to deprive said d-bag of their safety?
    There are more suitable weapons and tactics for that kind of situation. We're talking about the military, not Inspector Harry Callahan.
  7. Mr. Machette is offline

    Senior Member

    Join Date
    Sep 2009
    Posts
    2,681

    Posted On:
    10/28/2010 12:38pm

    Join us... or die
     Style: FMA, Ego Warrior

    --
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by Cannon_6 View Post
    There are more suitable weapons and tactics for that kind of situation. We're talking about the military, not Inspector Harry Callahan.
    You mean the same military that uses the M2 .50bmg for the same purpose I just mentioned?

    If the 5.556 was the end all be all of small arms calibers, we'd have nothing but AR's and SAW's everywhere. But somebody, oh I don't know who, decided we needed a couple of weapons lying around with more punch than that...
  8. Gidi is offline

    Registered Member

    Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Location
    Israel
    Posts
    871

    Posted On:
    10/28/2010 3:59pm


     Style: Judo (noob) & BJJ (noob)

    --
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by Mr. Machette View Post
    You mean the same military that uses the M2 .50bmg for the same purpose I just mentioned?

    If the 5.556 was the end all be all of small arms calibers, we'd have nothing but AR's and SAW's everywhere. But somebody, oh I don't know who, decided we needed a couple of weapons lying around with more punch than that...
    I don't mean to be rude, but what the hell are you talking about?

    There are several size calibres in an infantry company's arsenal, and various weapons that deploy said calibres. These are varied because you need to tackle various types of **** in combat.

    So, I hope you were sarcastic.
  9. Mr. Machette is offline

    Senior Member

    Join Date
    Sep 2009
    Posts
    2,681

    Posted On:
    10/28/2010 5:34pm

    Join us... or die
     Style: FMA, Ego Warrior

    --
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by Gidi View Post
    I don't mean to be rude, but what the hell are you talking about?

    There are several size calibres in an infantry company's arsenal, and various weapons that deploy said calibres. These are varied because you need to tackle various types of **** in combat.

    So, I hope you were sarcastic.
    Why don't you read the rest of this thread Gidi? Then you might have an idea of what I'm talking about, and why I was talking about it. And yeah, that was sarcasm. -grumble, cuss-

    Christ this thread is getting really stupid, really fast....
  10. Killbot is offline

    Registered Member

    Join Date
    Nov 2005
    Location
    The Happy Place
    Posts
    156

    Posted On:
    11/01/2010 3:58pm


     Style: BJJ & MMA, Kali

    --
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Late to this party, but I remember seeing / hearing somewhere that some bean counters for the military set down after WWII and crunched some numbers and found a direct correlation between rounds fired and success in engagements. Basically whoever puts more bullets in the air, wins the engagement. Smaller rounds means more payload = more bullets flying in the opposite direction. I guess this has changed tactics alot too. May have been Lock and Load on the history channel show with R. Lee Ermey. The episode about pistols maybe? Not too sure.
Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst 12345 6 LastLast

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  

Powered by vBulletin™© contact@vbulletin.com vBulletin Solutions, Inc. 2011 All rights reserved.