Page 1 of 9 12345 ... Last
  1. #1
    JudOWNED's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2003
    Location
    Judo Heaven
    Posts
    1,495
    --
    Hell yeah! Hell no!

    Judoka, check in!









    We've all been there. Amirite???

  2. #2
    danniboi07's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2008
    Location
    626, California
    Posts
    1,250
    --
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    This looks familiar...where have I seen this?


    and yes...been there, done that, got tossed in return.
    "The pedant is he who finds it impossible to read criticism of himself without immediately reaching for his pen and replying to the effect that the accusation is a gross insult to his person. He is, in effect, a man unable to laugh at himself."Sigmund Freud, The Ego and the Id.


  3. #3
    JudOWNED's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2003
    Location
    Judo Heaven
    Posts
    1,495
    --
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    We have this big Russian dude who sometimes trains with us. Trying to kouchi him is like kicking a fire hydrant!

  4. #4

    Join Date
    Oct 2008
    Location
    Burnaby B.C.
    Posts
    3,033
    --
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Does it count if I'm on a the injury shelf and was a whitebelt before that?

  5. #5
    AMF's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2004
    Location
    Dantes Inferno
    Posts
    770
    --
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    I feel like this whenever I am going for tai otoshi, my entry into it freaking sucks!

  6. #6
    JudOWNED's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2003
    Location
    Judo Heaven
    Posts
    1,495
    --
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by Lindz View Post
    Does it count if I'm on a the injury shelf and was a whitebelt before that?
    If you've ever gone for a throw and felt like you were attempting it on an immovable object, then YES!!! It counts.

  7. #7
    JudOWNED's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2003
    Location
    Judo Heaven
    Posts
    1,495
    --
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by AMF View Post
    I feel like this whenever I am going for tai otoshi, my entry into it freaking sucks!
    My problem is I sometimes go in flat footed, rock back on my heels and end up more off balanced than my opponent. But sometimes the guy is just too big/good/heavy/etc. and it doesn't matter what you do. You feel like you might as well be trying to off balance a bus.

  8. #8

    Join Date
    Oct 2008
    Location
    Burnaby B.C.
    Posts
    3,033
    --
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    This is me pre injury
    YouTube - Judo hold down - Kesa Gatame

    I'm the whitebelt

  9. #9
    JudOWNED's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2003
    Location
    Judo Heaven
    Posts
    1,495
    --
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by Lindz View Post
    This is me pre injury
    YouTube - Judo hold down - Kesa Gatame

    I'm the whitebelt
    When you have to start taping fingers, thumbs and/or toes, you are a TRUE JUDOKA!

  10. #10
    AMF's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2004
    Location
    Dantes Inferno
    Posts
    770
    --
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by JudOWNED View Post
    My problem is I sometimes go in flat footed, rock back on my heels and end up more off balanced than my opponent. But sometimes the guy is just too big/good/heavy/etc. and it doesn't matter what you do. You feel like you might as well be trying to off balance a bus.
    My issue is I throw in an extra step I don't need to get turned around, which is WAAAAAYYYY too much time. I am already countered by the time I get there.

Page 1 of 9 12345 ... Last

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  

Log in

Log in
Single Sign On provided by vBSSO