Our Sponsors:

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 12 34 LastLast
Sponsored Links Spacer Image

Posted On:
    10/02/2010 4:12am

Bullshido Newbie

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    @JP - to answer your question, if he gets my back, then he absolutely deserves it. I think every throw leaves you vulnerable and this technique is no different.

The throw itself if actually one quick move, although in the video I break it down into individual components and thus all the openings are exposed. In reality, the arm drag and footwork are simultaneous and quickly followed by the leg tangle. It's in my best interest to be much faster than my opponent.

@ NoMamaO - Although it appears that I'm using my hand to pick the leg, I'm actually just following the natural motion of my leg and using the hand to cover and "guide" in case my opponent slips out and I can transition into a knee seizing throw. For me, it's just natural body mechanics to swing by arm in the same motion of my leg to get my leg as high as possible.

Yes, this is a tricky throw, and probably not a first choice for many people.

The counter for this throw is a simple inner shoulder throw. Even taking a step back will throw off the setup. Maybe Mike and I will show that later.

Registered Member

Posted On:
    10/03/2010 8:03pm

Style: Hung Ga Kung Fu

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Yes... good. Yeah, I would've thought that the leg would be doing the work, and not the hand in that throw. I know all about that inner shoulder throw, too, which is what I saw as soon as the arm was moved over.

Speed and sensitivity are the names of the game, man. LOL

Posted On:
    10/03/2010 8:46pm

Join us... or die
     Style: BJJ

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Where about in San Diego are you guys?

pro nonsense self defense

Posted On:
    10/04/2010 2:22pm

supporting member
     Style: FMA, dumbek, Indian clubs

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    I believe they're at Immortal Fitness, which is in Kearny Mesa near the 163, kinda off Convoy. I've never been there but I've passed it many times.

Posted On:
    10/04/2010 2:26pm

Join us... or die

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by CodosDePiedra View Post
    I believe they're at Immortal Fitness, which is in Kearny Mesa near the 163, kinda off Convoy. I've never been there but I've passed it many times.
    Cool I have a buddy that did White Tiger With Rizzo for a while that wants to add some throws to his mix but for some reason would like to keep it Kung Fuie in nature... I will have to tell him about this place he is up in that area still.

Posted On:
    10/04/2010 4:33pm

supporting member

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by goodlun View Post
    Cool I have a buddy that did White Tiger With Rizzo for a while that wants to add some throws to his mix but for some reason would like to keep it Kung Fuie in nature... I will have to tell him about this place he is up in that area still.
    I’ve avoided the White Tiger folks because of their “unchanged in 400 years” brag, and because Doo Wai has tiger pelts on his walls for his demos and I find that really uncool.

Posted On:
    10/04/2010 4:41pm

Join us... or die

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by CodosDePiedra View Post
    I’ve avoided the White Tiger folks because of their “unchanged in 400 years” brag, and because Doo Wai has tiger pelts on his walls for his demos and I find that really uncool.
    I can't say much about it really other than I have meet Rizzo and I found him to be a nice guy. He also at the time said something to the effect that if you really want to be a fighter learn to box and wrestle. So all and all I don't think he has a hyper inflated sense of the art. So I think the 400 years thing is about being traditional vs combat effective, I can respect that as long as that is what they are selling.

Posted On:
    10/04/2010 4:46pm

supporting member

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    I've never met Rizzo or seen his classes, so I wouldn't say anything bad about him. I just know what I've seen on Doo Wai's old website.

Posted On:
    10/05/2010 2:24am

Bullshido Newbie

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!

Shuai-chiao Knee Seizing Throw

Just posted a new video with Mike D.

Shuai-chiao Knee Seizing Throw

Knee Seizing is a great throw and I really consider it a sleeper. It's deceivingly effective and extremely fast. It can be executed from almost any position, but I especially like it because you can get creative and couple it with any number of strikes, including elbows.

YouTube - Shuai-chiao Knee Seizing Throw
    Last edited by loudmike; 10/05/2010 2:29am at . Reason: posted video

Posted On:
    10/05/2010 2:40am

Bullshido Newbie

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Also, much props to Mike D for being my throwing partner :) I'm working off some back injuries so I can't reciprocate the kindness, but he's a great instructor and can execute just as well.
Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 12 34 LastLast