Sponsored Links Spacer Image

Registered Member

Posted On:
    9/23/2010 1:29pm

Style: Watching from the stands

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by Wolf View Post
    Good triangle finish. I was really surprised it worked though. It wasn't transitioned to all that fast. He had wrist control forever. Especially as a student of Pelligrino's I would have expected Lentz to have seen that coming from a mile away. Then when the legs went over he had ample room to shuck it off. Good finish, but I just don't understand how he let it get that far.

It was odd because even when Lentz had him up against the cage Afro was still able to get wrist control fairly easily, he even used it to transition to a thai clinch a couple of times. It was almost like Lentz didn't think it was all that big a deal and could just power through it.

Registered Member

Posted On:
    9/23/2010 1:53pm

Style: BJJ

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by Flappyhead View Post
    It was odd because even when Lentz had him up against the cage Afro was still able to get wrist control fairly easily, he even used it to transition to a thai clinch a couple of times. It was almost like Lentz didn't think it was all that big a deal and could just power through it.
    He didn't have any respect for him whatsoever at any level, especially after the takedown at the end of round one. He definitely underestimated him. He actually took him goofing around on the grass as like that was how he would really fight. Really? dude was obviously goofing off.

Registered Member

Posted On:
    9/23/2010 5:25pm

Style: MMA

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    I LOL'd at:

1) GSP coming up with his little trick.

2) GSP whispering to Dana "Iz a ztratedjy"

3) The trick actually working, and Koscheck looking stupid.

Crappler Extraordinaire

Posted On:
    9/23/2010 10:01pm

supporting member
     Style: Judo

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Good on Bruce Leroy winning and I hope he keeps it up, but if his takedown defense doesn't improve dramatically, he's gonna get raped by the first wrestler with a passable knowledge of submissions.

Knock-off Cthulhu

Posted On:
    9/24/2010 12:49am

Style: BJJ

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    I was very surprised Cody Mckenzie wasn't the last pick. OK, he has a 11-0 record but he really seems like a one trick pony. I guess the only reason this could happen is GSP really meant it when he said it was all about the fighters and who he feels he can improve the most during those six weeks.

And lol @ Kos.
    Curiosity killed the cat. But damn it had a blast.

POWERRR!

Posted On:
    9/24/2010 4:30am

Join us... or die
     Style: Boxing.MMA

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Kos you dumbass!

I really don't get why anyone would want to be on Koscheck's team, simply because GSP has Greg Jackson.
    "The hero and the coward both feel the same thing, but the hero projects his fear onto his opponent while the coward runs. 'Fear'. It's the same thing, but it's what you do with it that matters". - Cus D'Amato
    Spoiler:

Registered Member

Posted On:
    9/24/2010 12:13pm

Style: Working out

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    I don't find Bruce all that good to be honest
    he doesnt have good hands, and for ground game he is all sloppy triangle choke

STOP POSTING!

Posted On:
    9/24/2010 2:52pm

supporting member
     Style: Muay Thai

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    he definitely seems to lack power.

also, i like GSPs approach to it. because he is probably exactly the kind of guy who wouldnt be able to teach by explanation very well (had this discussion in another thread somewhere but generally the more naturally talented someone is the worse teacher they make)

Registered Member

Posted On:
    9/24/2010 3:52pm

Style: Muay Thai

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    GSP is smart enough to recognise his own strengths and weaknesses, and act accordingly. That's why he'll likely have more wins over the season, will beat Koscheck at the end of it, and makes a great champ in general. Also, Koscheck's an arse.

BJJ wins again!

Posted On:
    9/26/2010 5:53pm

supporting member
     Style: Guns

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    GSP can also get away with his strategy because it's not likely that anyone will complain or feel shortchanged at having GSP step into a "training partner" role as long as they're working with Greg Jackson and the rest.
    And Koscheck can get away with his strategy because the contracts have already been signed and the producers don't really care whether he gets his guys any closer to UFC careers than they would have been without him.

On the other hand, Koscheck is either the first or one of the only "Head Coaches" on the show with real-world coaching experience, right? I just don't know what his record as a wrestling coach was like. Clearly the editors are working overtime to establish the Crafty Fox vs. Meathead storyline, and that always makes me wonder if it really happened that way.
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 12 3 LastLast