Sponsored Links Spacer Image

Registered Member

Posted On:
    11/04/2010 9:09am

Style: Liu Seong Gung Fu

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by jnp View Post
    Phil was a member 7 or so years ago. He was involved in several debates on the board. He left because people called him on his bullshit rather than kowtowing to him.

If a person doesn't have the mental acuity and integrity to debate his point without periodically storming off in a huff, he doesn't belong on this site.

I find your ignorance in this area irritating. Phil is welcome to join the discussion anytime he wants. It's his vaginosos silicosas that stops him, not us.
    That is not correct. I was a member here years before anyone had any idea who I was. I stopped posting here because the signal to noise ratio was far too high; the place struck me as a good concept poorly executed, overrun by ignorant trolls and children. I said so on a very early version of my personal website, long before I even had a domain registered to me.

(At the time Phrost contacted me via e-mail, saying that he thought my characterization of the place as a "site to avoid" was unfair. It has been my speculation, repeated publicly, that he never forgave me for that simple act of what I have imagined he thought of as disrespect.)

If I cared to comment on what goes on here, I would. Until today I did not. What point would there be in arguing with people who assign to me every conceivable and ridiculous crime, based purely on their own baseless speculation and personal prejudices? I do not go to Michael Moore's forum and try to argue politics with those people, either.

Titanium laced beauty

Posted On:
    11/04/2010 9:20am

supporting memberforum leaderstaff
     Style: BJJ, wrestling

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by Sharp Phil View Post
    That is not correct. I was a member here years before anyone had any idea who I was. I stopped posting here because the signal to noise ratio was far too high; the place struck me as a good concept poorly executed, overrun by ignorant trolls and children. I said so on a very early version of my personal website, long before I even had a domain registered to me.

(At the time Phrost contacted me via e-mail, saying that he thought my characterization of the place as a "site to avoid" was unfair. It has been my speculation, repeated publicly, that he never forgave me for that simple act of what I have imagined he thought of as disrespect.)

If I cared to comment on what goes on here, I would. Until today I did not. What point would there be in arguing with people who assign to me every conceivable and ridiculous crime, based purely on their own baseless speculation and personal prejudices? I do not go to Michael Moore's forum and try to argue politics with those people, either.
    You know what I like about you?

Nothing.

Thanks for basically agreeing with me. I find your type rather pathetic. You're willing to do anything to get better at martial arts except put in the hard physical work that is necessary to actually become proficient at them.

Your entire body of work and commentary regarding the martial arts can be boiled down to making repeated excuses that exclaim, "Look here! This collection of deadly techniques means I don't have to sweat while I LARP martial arts!"

Hard physical work is an intricate part of the confidence building process that is integral to becoming a competent martial artist. You, sir, are lacking in this area.

Registered Member

Posted On:
    11/04/2010 9:22am

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    For the record, I do not have a problem with my article being posted here, if it were to be.

Also for the record, if the prevailing sentiment of this place is to be, "**** you, facts aren't true if we don't like the person reporting them," that would at least square with my long-held opinion of this forum's collective membership.

Registered Member

Posted On:
    11/04/2010 9:26am

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    And there's my point, illustrated.

I don't know you. I don't care about you. I don't like or dislike you because your opinion is meaningless to me.

I like that gun, though.

Titanium laced beauty

Posted On:
    11/04/2010 9:33am

Style: BJJ, wrestling

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    And there's my point, illustrated.

I don't know you. I don't care about you. I don't like or dislike you because your opinion is meaningless to me.
    That's not surprising. I personally don't crave notoriety. Since I'm an internet nobody, you are free to disregard my opinion.

I don't like you because you're a racist by the way. My dislike has nothing to do with the fact that you're a martial simpleton.

I like that gun, though.
    It's a nice rifle.

1% Shark is better than you.

Posted On:
    11/04/2010 10:10am

Style: BJJ/Shidokan

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    I love the internet. When are we going to get a good internet based sit-com or reality show?

I honestly don't think Phil is a racist by the classical definition. I don't think he believes that the white race is intrinsically better than black and brown races. I do think he seems to overly profile black homeless people but it is also possible that in his location the homeless are predominately black. I know in Atlanta I am going to see a lot more homeless black people than homeless white people. That is purely a population demographic.

Registered Member

Posted On:
    11/04/2010 10:10am

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by jnp View Post
    I don't like you because you're a racist...
    I suppose you can choose as your reason for disliking me that lie over any other. You will be equally wrong, but at least you can be wrong with style.
    Last edited by Sharp Phil; 11/04/2010 10:12am at . Reason: Added quote.

pro nonsense self defense

Posted On:
    11/04/2010 10:17am

supporting member
     Style: FMA, dumbek, Indian clubs

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    You refer to bullshido as a troll site whenever you mention it in your articles. That's disrespectful.

Posted On:
    11/04/2010 10:27am

Style: BJJ/MT

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    I suppose you can choose as your reason for disliking me that lie over any other. You will be equally wrong, but at least you can be wrong with style.
    How about classist, then? Since poor people are obviously just a threat to your personal security rather than a symptom of a society driven by capitalism gone horribly wrong? Or perhaps the breakdown of community?

I started reading The Homeless Threat due to this thread. I'll finish it. Then I'll spend some time writing about it, I think. But for now, consider looking at the poor as people rather than a vector for disease.

Registered Member

Posted On:
    11/04/2010 10:29am

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by CodosDePiedra View Post
    You refer to bullshido as a troll site whenever you mention it in your articles. That's disrespectful.
    Yes, it is. It reflects my sincere lack of respect for the site and the majority of its members.
Page 21 of 27 FirstFirst ... 111718192021 22232425 ... LastLast