Page 9 of 21 FirstFirst ... 56789 1011121319 ... LastLast
Sponsored Links Spacer Image

Posted On:
    9/22/2010 11:29am

Bullshido Newbie
     Style: Brazilian Jiu Jitsu

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    I didnt want to have to write anything but i find myself morally doing so. I have known jay for a number of years, i graduated H.S with his younger brother back in 2000 (also when i began training BJJ) We always looked up to jay for a number of reasons but the biggest reason was being able to see all of his fight videos, you can imagine as a 18 yr old kid seeing that kind of stuff was awesome. Anyway, as i stated earlier i just felt morally inclined to write a quick little blurb about jay and how as long as i have known him he always had a blackbelt around his waist. As far as his BB lineage I know what jay told me and what he told each and every one of you on here, with me his story never changed.

Ryan

Watch and Shoot !

Posted On:
    9/22/2010 11:50am

staff

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Thank you for contributing nothing to the discussion. Mr. Russell's personality or how his friends see him is not under the spotlight.

Sorry to be a little rude however, if you're not in a position to contribute information which adds substance to the issue of this thread, please refrain from posting any more. (in this thread)
    "To sin by silence when one should protest makes cowards out of men".

~Ella Wheeler

Posted On:
    9/22/2010 11:51am

Bullshido Newbie
     Style: Brazilian Jiu Jitsu

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    my appologies

Administrator

Posted On:
    9/22/2010 11:55am

staff
     Style: xingyi

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    What I find strange is none of you are answering any questions. I also notice all of you that feel "morally and legally obligated" to comment are goose stepping around the BJJ BLACK BELT CLAIM.

No one has questioned his skill and the strawman argument you are building around that point is dumb.

Burying the issue in post after post looks like you are hiding something. The only questions asked were about a BLACK BELT IN BRAZILIAN JIUJITSU AND THE LINEAGE IT CAME FROM.

As we have seen many times on this website people will wear a Black Belt, from another art, while teaching a different style they do not hold the same rank in.

So saying you saw him in a BB means nothing in context to the question asked.

Posted On:
    9/22/2010 12:17pm

Bullshido Newbie
     Style: jiu jitsu

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Firstly, I want to make clear that I am not claiming to have any answers. I am not 100% sold on any story, I am not avoiding your questions, I just don't have any meaningful answers at this time. I hired Jay under the assumption that there was nothing fishy about his black belt lineage. He had a successful school in Albany for years before I hired him as well as great referenes from many people. I even spoke to Jordon Damon after hiring Jay Russel and he affirmed the previous good recommendations and recognized that he had given Jay his black belt. Getting to the bottom of things is tough because everyone seems to have a different story. This all happened so long ago. Please be patiant and rest assured that I will get the answers. What I do know is that Jordan Damon has claimed to be a black belt in Brazilian Jiu Jitsu for years. This was demonstrated, amongst much hearsay, in posts last night. Jay considers Jordan Damon his teacher and has been under the assumption that Jordan Damon was a Black Belt. I have found many holes in the story on all sides; from Jay, from Jordan, from everyone I talked to. I can't articulate a narrative that makes sense. Where did Jordan Damon receive his original Black Belt and why did he take it off to train under Phil Migilarese? Why have people who had nothing but praise for Jay when I talked to them and who told me Jays lineage not come forward? I dont know the answers to these questions. What I do know is that I am doing everything I can to get the answers and whatever they are you can rest assured the truth will be posted.

Watch and Shoot !

Posted On:
    9/22/2010 12:26pm

staff

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by NewYorkJiuJitsu View Post
    ..//..What I do know is that I am doing everything I can to get the answers and whatever they are you can rest assured the truth will be posted.
    In an earlier statemant of yours you indicated that Damon was already black belt through the Tai Kai before his recent promotion, was this information presented by you, third-hand - IE you're repeating what you've previously been told or understood or, have you seen documentry evidence of such a grade - Like a certificate ?

In principle, I can understand that Russell would consider Damon his teacher but to make sense of the timeline issue however, I need to know when Damon was first promoted to Black Belt (and by whom) then later when Russell was promoted to Black belt having been a student of Damon's.

~Ella Wheeler

Posted On:
    9/22/2010 12:48pm

Bullshido Newbie
     Style: jiu jitsu

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    I have been told by Jordan Damon himself that he was a black belt under Tai Kai before becoming a balance black belt , I have also seen numerous websites, videos, interviews, etc of Jordan Damon claiming to be a Brazilian Jiu Jitsu black belt dating back years. I have no solid dates on anything. Without Jordan coming forward it is impossible to figure out this date or anything else at this time. I have not seen any certifications or hard proof from anyone involved in this situation. Jay never questioned his teachers black belt because Jordan gave him no reason to. I wish I had more answers at this time but I dont.

Watch and Shoot !

Posted On:
    9/22/2010 12:56pm

staff

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Ok.. so, potentially we have more than one issue here;

The legitimacy of Mr. Damon's alledged original black belt

The legitimacy of Mr. Russell's black belt as a student of Damon's

Thus far, what I'm seeing is people working off assumptions, no disrespect intended to you.

I know that Mr. Russell's account is active on this thread and therefore it would be easy to shed further light on this.

Mr. Russell, did you recieve a certificate for your black belt ? If you did I would appreciate it if you could produce that here by way of an image attached to the thread or, sent to me as a forum moderator so I can validate it.

If you didn't get a certificate or any other supporting documents, please confirm this in the thread.

Thank you
    Last edited by Rock Ape; 9/22/2010 1:00pm at .

~Ella Wheeler

Posted On:
    9/22/2010 1:10pm

Join us... or die

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by Simio de las Rocas View Post
    Ok.. so, potentially we have more than one issue here;

The legitimacy of Mr. Damon's alledged original black belt

The legitimacy of Mr. Russell's black belt as a student of Damon's

Thus far, what I'm seeing is people working off assumptions, no disrespect intended to you.

I know that Mr. Russell's account is active on this thread and therefore it would be easy to shed further light on this.

Mr. Russell, did you recieve a certificate for your black belt ? If you did I would appreciate it if you could produce that here by way of an image attached to the thread or, sent to me as a forum moderator so I can validate it.

If you didn't get a certificate or any other supporting documents, please confirm this in the thread.

Thank you

dave:

You seem to be getting statements from all about your timeline which is good. It appears that this issue will come down to Russell's teacher.

It seems to me that what info we have about his teacher so far is that the teacher has A Black Belt. There is a possability this Black Belt is not from the Brazilian JJ. This is the crossroad that I see, the place where this has to be resolved.

This is where people commenting could be helpful. Is there any info about Russell's teacher? specifically his black belt and his actual belt status (and timeline) in Brazilian JJ?
    This thread never was a high quality conversation - My friend vern Gilbert on the William Acquier thread.

The fight in question having started over who owns which piece of rubble. Nicko1;2233174 On the Acquier Kim Fiasco slash thread.

Watch and Shoot !

Posted On:
    9/22/2010 1:18pm

staff

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by Dsimon3387 View Post
    dave:

You seem to be getting statements from all about your timeline which is good. It appears that this issue will come down to Russell's teacher.
    It's not my timeline Darrell, and thank you this matter is well in hand, let's allow those concerned to focus on one set of questions.

~Ella Wheeler
Page 9 of 21 FirstFirst ... 56789 1011121319 ... LastLast