Page 7 of 21 FirstFirst ... 34567 89101117 ... LastLast
Sponsored Links Spacer Image

Registered Member

Posted On:
    9/21/2010 8:30pm

Style: BJJ

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Regarding your question ADMIN the answer is no but I have, awaiting a response. That's irrelevant however I think. In fact you may remove them if you deem it necessary.

The reason thats okay:

As you'll recall I stated that I emailed Ken Kronenberg for a public comment on the matter. I linked this thread and the websites in which Jay made his claim.

Today I received the following email from Ken Kronenberg, Head of Tai Kai and the man who (with Phil Migliarese) promoted Jordan Damon:::::::::::

I believe this answers all remaining questions.

Registered Member

Posted On:
    9/21/2010 8:33pm

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    I believe this is proof that Mr. Anthony's and Mr. Russell's stories are fabricated. Remember, Mr. Anthony claimed to have spoken to this man. Mr. Anthony I believe, has clearly lied about his conversation with the Head of Tai Kai, Mr. Kronenberg.

Registered Member

Posted On:
    9/21/2010 8:50pm

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    I would also like to say that this is very close to what Mr. Sanzo had said. It appears that all people who have intimate knowledge of the situation are in agreement.

Registered Member

Posted On:
    9/21/2010 9:34pm

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    I have emailed Mr. Russell asking him to come back and address this new evidence.

Posted On:
    9/22/2010 1:15am

Join us... or die

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    my suggestion is for a a Bully to ask all the people involved a series of clear questions that indicate what each individual's answer is. There are ways to confirm identity like a photocopy of a driver's license.

Sam has confirmed my ID for proof I wanted to submit, so this has been done in the past.

Otherwise we get a he said this type game of telephone which is a waste. Each person who has made a statement regarding rank of Russell can do so to one person then the problem is solved.

/what do people think?
    This thread never was a high quality conversation - My friend vern Gilbert on the William Acquier thread.

The fight in question having started over who owns which piece of rubble. Nicko1;2233174 On the Acquier Kim Fiasco slash thread.

Posted On:
    9/22/2010 3:35am

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by Dojostormz View Post
    Regarding your question ADMIN the answer is no but I have, awaiting a response. That's irrelevant however I think. In fact you may remove them if you deem it necessary.

The reason thats okay:

As you'll recall I stated that I emailed Ken Kronenberg for a public comment on the matter. I linked this thread and the websites in which Jay made his claim.

Today I received the following email from Ken Kronenberg, Head of Tai Kai and the man who (with Phil Migliarese) promoted Jordan Damon:::::::::::

I believe this answers all remaining questions.
    PROOF from Mr. Damon's students in Watertown that Mr. Damon has been claiming hes a bjj black belt for many years before recently... Something about your "Ken Kronenberg" email isnt adding up...
    http://nnyjudo.blogspot.com/2009/04/...mpionship.html

http://www.dustinbaker.net/

Titanium laced beauty

Posted On:
    9/22/2010 7:08am

supporting memberforum leaderstaff
     Style: BJJ, wrestling

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by jojo420 View Post
    PROOF from Mr. Damon's students in Watertown that Mr. Damon has been claiming hes a bjj black belt for many years before recently... Something about your "Ken Kronenberg" email isnt adding up...
    http://nnyjudo.blogspot.com/2009/04/...mpionship.html

http://www.dustinbaker.net/
    Only one account is allowed per user RachaelK.

Violating our terms of service does not lend you any credibility.

Posted On:
    9/22/2010 7:36am

Bullshido Newbie

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Here is how I see things…If you have this much time to spend posting on the internet and researching Jiu-Jitsu lineage, you should really get a life.
    I personally spent approximately 10 years of sweat, blood and tears earning my black belt and I am not challenging or questioning Jay Russell’s rank or affiliations. I am not sure who you are, nor do I care, but I would recommend you go to Jay’s academy and train with him, or issue a challenge match, to see if you think he is at BB level. I am sure he would be more than happy to accommodate you.
    One thing I know for sure is that Jay was accepting challenge matches to prove the effectiveness of Jiu-Jitsu before most people had heard of Jiu-Jitsu or MMA. He has stepped onto the mat, into the cage, and on the street to test his skills.
    Also, regarding his relationship with Jordan Damon… they were great friends and training partners. At one point, Jordan was probably one of the best light weights in the country.
    Obviously you have some sort of ax to grind; but I would recommend you spend more time training and less time typing.

Chad Beatty
    Spa City Jiu-Jitsu

Registered Member

Posted On:
    9/22/2010 7:57am

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    I consider this thread to be over. Let me summarize.

Jay claims that he got his BB from Tai Kai while training w/ Jordan Damon.
    Tai-Kia- Brazialian Jiu-jitsu were I got My Black belt And continued to train with Jordan And fight under him for years to come.
    Mr. Anthony came to Mr. Russell's defense and gave more detail to the story.

Jay has been training in Jiu Jitsu and martial arts for 19 years. He received his Blue belt and purple belt from Rigan Machado and Fabio Clemente both. After leaving Fabio and Rigans school Jay began training Brazilian Jiu Jitsu under Tai Kai Black Belt Jordan Damon at Tai Kai Jiu Jitsu. This is where Jay received both his brown and Black Belts. In honor of Jordan, Jay told everyone that he was a Jordan Damon Black belt because that is who his instructor was.
    So, the claim that Mr. Russell makes:

Mr. Russell claims to have received his BB from Tai Kai while training w/ Jordan Damon.

This can be seen to be absolutely, 100% not true, as Ken Kronenberg, head of Tai Kai has refuted Jay's Claim and say's he has not seen Jay in over 10 years in this email:

Any concern about whether or not Mr. Damon has ever previously claimed to be a BB is irrelevant despite what RachaelK thinks, as both Mr. Russell and Mr. Anthony claim Jay got the belt from Tai Kai.

Furthermore Mr. Beatty, I have nothing but respect for you, I understand you have known Mr. Russell for a long time. However, I think the fact that you have not stood up for Mr. Russell and instead have said (roughly) that I should spend less time researching these things, is very telling. If you yourself believe Mr. Russell is blackbelt level, WHICH I would like to point out was NEVER in question here, perhaps you should give him one.

Unless I'm missing something, or my simple logic is somehow flawed, I think this matter is more or less settled.

Titanium laced beauty

Posted On:
    9/22/2010 8:42am

supporting memberforum leaderstaff
     Style: BJJ, wrestling

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by cbeatty View Post
    Here is how I see things…If you have this much time to spend posting on the internet and researching Jiu-Jitsu lineage, you should really get a life.
    I personally spent approximately 10 years of sweat, blood and tears earning my black belt and I am not challenging or questioning Jay Russell’s rank or affiliations. I am not sure who you are, nor do I care, but I would recommend you go to Jay’s academy and train with him, or issue a challenge match, to see if you think he is at BB level. I am sure he would be more than happy to accommodate you.
    One thing I know for sure is that Jay was accepting challenge matches to prove the effectiveness of Jiu-Jitsu before most people had heard of Jiu-Jitsu or MMA. He has stepped onto the mat, into the cage, and on the street to test his skills.
    Also, regarding his relationship with Jordan Damon… they were great friends and training partners. At one point, Jordan was probably one of the best light weights in the country.
    Obviously you have some sort of ax to grind; but I would recommend you spend more time training and less time typing.

Chad Beatty
    Spa City Jiu-Jitsu
    I find it discouraging that instead of addressing any questions about Mr. Russell's rank or lineage, you instead defend him by issuing an indirect challenge on his behalf. Based on your post, it appears you care more about defending Mr. Russell than you do about the integrity of our sport.

I have also spent ten years on the mat training BJJ, and even more if you count wrestling. Since I do not live at the dojo, I also have the time to post on the internet here at Bullshido. So please spare us the line about "Getting a life".

John Palmer
Page 7 of 21 FirstFirst ... 34567 89101117 ... LastLast