Page 6 of 22 FirstFirst ... 23456 7891016 ... LastLast
Sponsored Links Spacer Image

Watch and Shoot !

Posted On:
    9/21/2010 3:05pm

staff

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Yep this is the sort of tangible stuff I was talking about in my earlier posts, nice one thus far.

If you can get a quote from Damon that would be pretty damning evidence and enough to warrant a formal write-up in our investigations section I think.

Naturally we need to offer Mr. Russell the opportunity to fully defend himself but that is of course his choice to come back and provide information which might support his previous claims and his statement in this thread about "reaching out" to Mr. Damon himself.

Mr. Russell, I feel the ball is in your court at this moment.

Please respond to the information which has been put to you in this thread.

Thank you.
    "To sin by silence when one should protest makes cowards out of men".

~Ella Wheeler

Posted On:
    9/21/2010 3:05pm

Bullshido Newbie
     Style: jiu jitsu

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!

Concerning Jay Russell

Hello,
    My name is Edward Anthony and I am the President and CEO of New York Jiu Jitsu. I was made aware of this thread by Hugo and would like to thank him for letting me know that Jays lineage was in question. I have been researching this issue for the last two days and have talked to Jordan Damon, and Phil Migliarese. I have discovered many things and would like to clear up as much as possible.

Jay has been training in Jiu Jitsu and martial arts for 19 years. He received his Blue belt and purple belt from Rigan Machado and Fabio Clemente both. After leaving Fabio and Rigans school Jay began training Brazilian Jiu Jitsu under Tai Kai Black Belt Jordan Damon at Tai Kai Jiu Jitsu. This is where Jay received both his brown and Black Belts. In honor of Jordan, Jay told everyone that he was a Jordan Damon Black belt because that is who his instructor was.

Back then, in order to become a black belt it had to be done at the main Tai Kai academy which was located in Delaware. To make it official Jay and Jordan both traveled to Delaware where Jay was promoted to Black Belt by the head Tai Kai instructor. Since Jay did not train under this instructor, and going to Delware was just a formality, he always considered himself a Jordan Damon Black Belt and continued to do this for years to come. Jay is a great instructor and Jordan himself will tell you he is of Black Belt level and is very talented.

This begs the question, how did Jordan Damon just receive his black belt as posted in the article at the beginning of this thread. The simple answer is that Jordan just officially became a Phil Migliarese black belt, previously he was a Tai Kai black belt.

To the creator of this thread. If your intentions were simply to find out Jays lineage and help others do so I and the martial arts community thank you. New York Jiu Jitsu will continue to investigate these allegations. However as the tone of your posts are extremely negative one can only assume that your intentions are not merely inquisitive, you are aiming to tarnish Jays reputation. I ask myself 1. who are you and 2. why would you want to do this? You repeatedly post emails from Nick Sanzo to a John Thomas. I will assume that you are John. I dont know you so I will reply to Mr. Nick Sanzo.

Mr. Sanzo,
    I know you and Jay had a small falling out recently. I am not going to tarnsih your name or say anything bad about you but your emails in this thread and malicious intentions for Jay are extremely transparant. He has been nothing but a friend to you and continues to this day to say good things about you and your organizations. I hope you and Jay work things out and one day you are able to right these wrongs.

Again to the BJJ community New York Jiu Jitsu will continue to research these allegations in a tactiful manner.

Watch and Shoot !

Posted On:
    9/21/2010 3:11pm

staff

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Dear Mr. Anthony many thanks for coming forward with this information it is most welcome.

For my clarity, Mr. Damon has been a Black Belt for how long with the Tai Kai ?

Thank you

~Ella Wheeler

Administrator

Posted On:
    9/21/2010 3:11pm

staff
     Style: xingyi

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by NewYorkJiuJitsu View Post
    Hello,
    My name is Edward Anthony and I am the President and CEO of New York Jiu Jitsu. I was made aware of this thread by Hugo and would like to thank him for letting me know that Jays lineage was in question. I have been researching this issue for the last two days and have talked to Jordan Damon, and Phil Migliarese. I have discovered many things and would like to clear up as much as possible.

Jay has been training in Jiu Jitsu and martial arts for 19 years. He received his Blue belt and purple belt from Rigan Machado and Fabio Clemente both. After leaving Fabio and Rigans school Jay began training Brazilian Jiu Jitsu under Tai Kai Black Belt Jordan Damon at Tai Kai Jiu Jitsu. This is where Jay received both his brown and Black Belts. In honor of Jordan, Jay told everyone that he was a Jordan Damon Black belt because that is who his instructor was.

Back then, in order to become a black belt it had to be done at the main Tai Kai academy which was located in Delaware. To make it official Jay and Jordan both traveled to Delaware where Jay was promoted to Black Belt by the head Tai Kai instructor. Since Jay did not train under this instructor, and going to Delware was just a formality, he always considered himself a Jordan Damon Black Belt and continued to do this for years to come. Jay is a great instructor and Jordan himself will tell you he is of Black Belt level and is very talented.

This begs the question, how did Jordan Damon just receive his black belt as posted in the article at the beginning of this thread. The simple answer is that Jordan just officially became a Phil Migliarese black belt, previously he was a Tai Kai black belt.

To the creator of this thread. If your intentions were simply to find out Jays lineage and help others do so I and the martial arts community thank you. New York Jiu Jitsu will continue to investigate these allegations. However as the tone of your posts are extremely negative one can only assume that your intentions are not merely inquisitive, you are aiming to tarnish Jays reputation. I ask myself 1. who are you and 2. why would you want to do this? You repeatedly post emails from Nick Sanzo to a John Thomas. I will assume that you are John. I dont know you so I will reply to Mr. Nick Sanzo.

Mr. Sanzo,
    I know you and Jay had a small falling out recently. I am not going to tarnsih your name or say anything bad about you but your emails in this thread and malicious intentions for Jay are extremely transparant. He has been nothing but a friend to you and continues to this day to say good things about you and your organizations. I hope you and Jay work things out and one day you are able to right these wrongs.

Again to the BJJ community New York Jiu Jitsu will continue to research these allegations in a tactiful manner.
    Thank you.

Registered Member

Posted On:
    9/21/2010 4:37pm

Style: BJJ

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Hello Mr. Anthony,

There are a few things here which are not making a ton of sense to me perhaps you can clear them up.

1)Tai Kai is a Team Balance facility. This can be evidenced here: http://www.syracusejiu-jitsu.com/

If Jordan Damon was a Tai Kai Black Belt (which means he was a team balance black belt) why would he need to be promoted again by Phil Migliarese (Team Balance).

MORE IMPORTANTLY if you read this post on Tai Kai: http://syracusejiujitsu.com/tag/blackbelt/
    You will see that it says Jordan was JUST promoted by Ken Kronenberg (Head of Tai Kai) AND Phil Migliarese.

So that means Mr. Kronenberg promoted Mr. Damon twice? Please Explain.

2) If your statements are true, can you verify that Jay received this promotion 9 years ago as he has stated in this thread and elsewhere?

3) Would either Mr. Kronenberg or Mr. Damon be willing to back up what you have said here? Furthermore can you explain why there are different claims from Mr. Russell? For example here where he claims himself and Mr. Damon were under Carlson Jr.?
    We have already verified that this claim is NOT TRUE by Mr. Sanzo WHO IS AN OFFICIAL Carlson Gracie affiliate. I implore you to explain? Could Mr. Russell simply have been confused about his own lineage? http://www.myspace.com/russell_jiujitsu

4) Mr. Anthony, the allegations I have leveled upon Mr. Russell are long time rumors amongst the Albany BJJ scene from my understanding. Most have believed that Jay's confusing, (apparently) constantly changing story was a fabrication. The reason for this post and the allegations was that the information about Mr. Damon came to light, seeming to show the story to be false.

If, you can back up the claims you have made I will gladly issue an apology to Mr. Russell and yourself.

As I have stated before, I believe the only solution to this is to hear from Mr. Damon or Mr. Kronenberg. If you have the ability, please direct them to this thread.

Registered Member

Posted On:
    9/21/2010 5:03pm

Style: BJJ

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    It is a fake, I don't have the ability to respond to your PM.

Administrator

Posted On:
    9/21/2010 6:31pm

staff
     Style: xingyi

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Normally we don't do this but just answer yes or no.

Watch and Shoot !

Posted On:
    9/21/2010 6:38pm

staff

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by It is Fake View Post
    Normally we don't do this but just answer yes or no.
    Clue me in on this please

~Ella Wheeler

Posted On:
    9/21/2010 7:41pm

hall of famestaff

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Mr. Anthony.

Can you please tell us when specifically Mr. Jay Russell was promoted to Black Belt in BJJ. Secondly is there any explaination for dojostorm's claim that Mr. Jay Russell has been claiming that he was a BJJ Black Belt before that particular date.

Posted On:
    9/21/2010 7:44pm

hall of famestaff

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by Dojostormz View Post
    It is a fake, I don't have the ability to respond to your PM.
    I've enabled you're email.
Page 6 of 22 FirstFirst ... 23456 7891016 ... LastLast