Page 5 of 22 First 12345678915 ... Last
  1. #41

    Join Date
    Sep 2010
    Posts
    51
    --
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by It is Fake View Post
    Can you post this email exchange?

    Also, for clarity, you are only questioning the BJJ Black belt and not his other ranks or skill correct?

    You might want to screencap the other websites as proof of the claim just in case things get altered.

    Everything has been screencapped.

    I know nothing of Mr. Russell's other ranks or skills. I think it's somewhat odd that he doesn't list his Judo BB lineage, however I frankly am unconcerned about anything other than his BJJ lineage.

    So yes, I am only questioning his BJJ lineage.

    Also, the response from Mr. Sanzo that states he questioned Mr. Russell's lineage has already been posted.

  2. #42
    It is Fake's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2005
    Posts
    34,445
    --
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    I see that post now and the rest is for thread clarification as we seem to be brewing for a serious derail so, I want it stopped.

    The purpose of this thread is to clarify his BJJ Black Belt Rank. This is not about skill, choice of who to train with, or the legitimacy of his other ranks. I know you said this earlier but, we have now laid it out plainly.

    I will be changing the title as it has not been confirmed he has no legit Black Belt.

    Original Title
    Jay Russell - Albany,NY - BJJ Black Belt? Nope.

  3. #43

    Join Date
    Sep 2010
    Posts
    51
    --
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by It is Fake View Post
    I see that post now and the rest is for thread clarification as we seem to be brewing for a serious derail so, I want it stopped.

    The purpose of this thread is to clarify his BJJ Black Belt Rank. This is not about skill, choice of who to train with, or the legitimacy of his other ranks. I know you said this earlier but, we have now laid it out plainly.

    I will be changing the title as it has not been confirmed he has no legit Black Belt.

    Original Title
    Jay Russell - Albany,NY - BJJ Black Belt? Nope.
    Appreciated. I'd like to take the advice of Hugo Stiglitz and take a more hands off approach to this investigation so to avoid bias.

    I'll post any responses I get to current emails I have sent here, but will ask an admin/mod to send any further/future emails.

  4. #44
    It is Fake's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2005
    Posts
    34,445
    --
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by Hugo Stiglitz View Post
    ?

    You've lost me mate
    Let's see......you have already moved a post, we have the typical "it is up to the student where to train" comment, the "here are some reasons why" rank excuses, and the "thanks for the publicity" comment.

    Those have nothing to do with the guy having a legit BJJ Black belt.

    I'll post any responses I get to current emails I have sent here, but will ask an admin/mod to send any further/future emails.
    Well, we will disagree here. You can keep looking and contacting people because, you have established a line of contact. That is actually the opposite of what we want in a MABS thread. We all help so, you continue looking and doing what you have done.
    Last edited by It is Fake; 9/21/2010 12:08am at .

  5. #45
    Rock Ape's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2006
    Posts
    10,134
    --
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by Dojostormz View Post
    Appreciated. I'd like to take the advice of Hugo Stiglitz and take a more hands off approach to this investigation so to avoid bias.

    I'll post any responses I get to current emails I have sent here, but will ask an admin/mod to send any further/future emails.
    No.. It doesn't work like that, I merely offered to contact Damon as the person on the opposite side of this potential argument.

    You created the thread, the onus is on YOU to back up what you've stated
    "To sin by silence when one should protest makes cowards out of men".

    ~Ella Wheeler

  6. #46

    Join Date
    Sep 2010
    Posts
    51
    --
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by Hugo Stiglitz View Post
    No.. It doesn't work like that, I merely offered to contact Damon as the person on the opposite side of this potential argument.

    You created the thread, the onus is on YOU to back up what you've stated
    I think you misunderstand me. I don't mean that I will not actively participate, simply that I would have you send an email to a particular party inviting them to the discussion. If for whatever reason you're uncomfortable with that I'll gladly do it myself.

  7. #47

    Join Date
    Sep 2010
    Posts
    51
    --
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    This morning I received the following email from Mr. Sanzo:



    Interesting stuff.

  8. #48
    It is Fake's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2005
    Posts
    34,445
    --
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Very interesting indeed. So RachelK or pluma134 any comment?
    Last edited by It is Fake; 9/21/2010 9:40am at .

  9. #49

    Join Date
    Sep 2010
    Posts
    51
    --
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    For the sake of thoroughness, I'll post this as well. Considering how honest and helpful Mr. Sanzo has been I feel he deserved this. ;P


  10. #50

    Join Date
    Sep 2010
    Posts
    51
    --
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    I just received a startling email from Mr. Sanzo. It appears that Mr. Russell's claims of lineage have a long history of illegitimacy. Obviously these claims will need further support, but I find this to be pretty convincing.


Page 5 of 22 First 12345678915 ... Last

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  

Log in

Log in
Single Sign On provided by vBSSO