Page 19 of 22 FirstFirst ... 91516171819 202122 LastLast
Sponsored Links Spacer Image

Posted On:
    9/27/2010 12:20pm

Style: BJJ

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by It is Fake View Post
    So, now we have to research Elite Jujitsu (no the BJJ team that pope up) an see if they still exist and what his rank was and if they cross ranked in AAU Judo as Judo Black belts.
    The possibility also exists that "Elite Jujitsu" might have been a fly-by-night creation of Jay Russell himself.

Administrator

Posted On:
    9/27/2010 12:22pm

staff
     Style: xingyi

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by DuckofDeath View Post
    The possibility also exists that "Elite Jujitsu" might have been a fly-by-night creation of Jay Russell himself.
    I'm still checking but, there are two org one is a Brazilian Jiujitsu which I eliminated. The other appears to be a Japanese Jujitsu org. There are Jujitsu orgs that do compete in Judo competitions.

I'm thinking he has an unrecognized Dojo specific Judo rank. Like Kempo and the JiuJitsu rank that suddenly appeared.

I feel like you eyeballin' me, dawg!

Posted On:
    9/27/2010 1:11pm

Style: Judo, BJJ

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    After looking at that AAU event he was in, it was just a sub-grappling thing.

Quote Originally Posted by Is It Fake

I'm thinking he has an unrecognized Dojo specific Judo rank. Like Kempo and the JiuJitsu rank that suddenly appeared.
    A very distinct possibility, but he would still need to be part of one of the 3 orgs in the US in order to compete in a sanctioned judo tournament.
    Quote Originally Posted by Holy Moment View Post
    BJJ JOE: I'm going to make hate to you. Right here, right now.
    ... Ohhhhhhhh, I'm going to make hate to you so hard that your kinfolk back in Africa will feel it.l
    Quote Originally Posted by Archer
    Karate is the Dane Cook of martial arts

Administrator

Posted On:
    9/27/2010 1:18pm

staff
     Style: xingyi

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    A very distinct possibility, but he would still need to be part of one of the 3 orgs in the US in order to compete in a sanctioned judo tournament.
    I am looking at his claim of a Judo Black Belt right now. I do not believe he got Batsugan in a Judo tournament.. You want to research that go ahead.

I'm chasing down what I can so we don't get what happened in two of the recent bigger threads.

Posted On:
    9/27/2010 1:30pm

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by It is Fake View Post
    I am looking at his claim of a Judo Black Belt right now. I do not believe he got Batsugan in a Judo tournament.. You want to research that go ahead.

I'm chasing down what I can so we don't get what happened in two of the recent bigger threads.
    That makes sense. I can tell you right now that he did not get Batsugan at the Empire State Games as he may have stated. That is a pretty big feat in and of itself, and he wasn't on the rolls for any of the ESGs in judo for the past 13 years. As someone else stated previously, he would be very well known in the NY judo community if he did get Batsugan.

I am just waiting to hear back from USJI to see if he is part of their organisation.

EDIT: Eligibility for the ESGs in Judo require that the player be part of one of the organisations that is recognised by the NGB to compete.
    Last edited by DarkPhoenix; 9/27/2010 1:43pm at .
    ... Ohhhhhhhh, I'm going to make hate to you so hard that your kinfolk back in Africa will feel it.l

Posted On:
    9/28/2010 1:13am

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Another site where the judo black belt claim shows up:

http://www.myspace.com/teamrusselljiujitsu

"Team Russell Jiu-Jitsu is the premier mixed martial arts academy in the capital district. Instructor Jay Russell is a Carlson Gracie Jr certified Brazilian Jiu-Jitsu instructor, and a black belt under Jordan Damon. Jay is also a black belt in Judo, certified boxing/kick-boxing instructor, and was a high school wrestling coach for 3 years. He holds a record of 67-6 in his nine year career as professional NHB, and submission grappling fighter."

Posted On:
    9/28/2010 7:34am

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    I spoke with my Sensei last night, and he stated that he was one of the last people in NY to get Batsugan in an Empire State Games, and that was in the 60's. There was one after him, but that is all.

Registered Member

Posted On:
    9/28/2010 10:04am

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by DuckofDeath View Post
    Another site where the judo black belt claim shows up:

http://www.myspace.com/teamrusselljiujitsu

"Team Russell Jiu-Jitsu is the premier mixed martial arts academy in the capital district. Instructor Jay Russell is a Carlson Gracie Jr certified Brazilian Jiu-Jitsu instructor, and a black belt under Jordan Damon. Jay is also a black belt in Judo, certified boxing/kick-boxing instructor, and was a high school wrestling coach for 3 years. He holds a record of 67-6 in his nine year career as professional NHB, and submission grappling fighter."

Yet another place where he claims Carlson Gracie lineage, which according to Mr. Kronenberg, is based on a certificate Mr. Russell got from a mail order defense course.

Watch and Shoot !

Posted On:
    9/28/2010 11:26am

staff

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Screen cap taken if no one else has one.
    "To sin by silence when one should protest makes cowards out of men".

~Ella Wheeler

Posted On:
    9/28/2010 12:36pm

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by DarkPhoenix View Post
    I spoke with my Sensei last night, and he stated that he was one of the last people in NY to get Batsugan in an Empire State Games, and that was in the 60's.
    Are you sure he didn't mean some kind of "Empire State" judo tournament that might have later been incorporated into the Games? I ask because according to this link from the info you posted on the Empire State Games, the Games began in 1978:

http://www.empirestategames.org/summer/about.asp