Sponsored Links Spacer Image

Administrator

Posted On:
    9/24/2010 9:54am

staff
     Style: xingyi

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Now, go back and answer my questions to your first unapproved post. Like what you did with the alleged message you received.

Also, please pay attention to Sam he is a lawyer.

No, this thread is about you. If you want Jordan investigated start the thread yourself.

Posted On:
    9/24/2010 9:58am

hall of famestaff

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    IIF, with your understanding, since these two were kinda joined at the hip, I think Jordan's credentials are a proper subject for this thread.

BTW, is it common in BJJ for people not to receive certificates for being Black Belts?

Alternately Mr. Russell, did you ever attempt to register with Carlson Gracie's Confederation in Brazil as a black belt?

Administrator

Posted On:
    9/24/2010 10:14am

staff

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Sure, either way works for me as long as we don't let Russell off the hook. That post sounds like misdirection to get the light off of his situation.

Posted On:
    9/24/2010 10:36am

Bullshido Newbie
     Style: Brazilian Jiu Jitsu

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!

more TRUTH about Jay Russel

Jay I dont know where to begin. But I tried to respectively say no one from TAI KAI promoted you to BJJ Blackbelt and leave it at that. but you are now making me have to air all your dirty laundry,

First a history. I received my black belt at Tai Kai(let me keep saying this NOT A Brazilian BLack BELT NOT A BJJ Blackbelt in 1996-have the certificate on wall). We started training with Allan Goes in 1997 going to california. He eventually promoted us to purple belts. He then moved back to Brazil. In 2001 we started training with marcos Santos. 2001 i WAS promoted to Brown Belt. in 2004 I started training with the guys from Balance Studios. Eventually 2005 I joined Team Balance. I was promoted to brazilian Jiu Jitsu BLACK BELT in 2007.

IN 1998 Jay Russel did a superfight with Jordan Damon. He liked our team and in 1999 Jay hooked up with Tai Kai. Jay was already wearing a Black Belt in his school he was teaching at after he and Nick Sanzo split for the first time. He became part of our team. to this day I can say I have never rolled once with Jay russell. Jay already had his black belt on and we had ours(NOT BJJ Black Belts a different style-I even had japanese writing on my belt-LOL one of those thick black belts with gold writing-hmmm doesnt sound brazilian to me LOL)

eventually the union did not last. At this point Jay paid money for a Carlson Gracie Self defense course that was being offered in Black Belt magazine. He got his videos and put up the certificate. It was a really cheesy ad in black Belt magazine. This is the certificate he told students he was a black belt in BJJ with.I really wanted to keep this out but Jay has given me no choice. Jay has some issues and problems at this time. big ones that do not exemplify a martial artist in any way. I dont want to get in to it on here but email me for info. He had to close his school down. He owed a lot of people money when he closed his school down. I would run into people at tourneys who were former students that he owed money to or ripped off etc.

I saw Jay again in 2002 in a tourney in NAGA battle at the Beach. Ok not 10 years ago 8 years ago.my fault (LOL). He was now training at a school with Charlie Ferria. Charlie Sorry to bring you into this.Charlie owned a school and was a purple belt with Caique. Jay was a student at the school. Charlie told me Jay wore a Blue Belt at the school(that was his only official BJJ rank that was told to me). that did not last and Jay went on the deep end again. Charlie then began training with machados at the time and he kept developing his school. Charlie tried to help Jay out but Jay had some issues

I did not hear anything about Jay until a few years ago. A few years ago I saw on myspace a page that said Black Belt by Jordan Damon. I talked to Jordan about it, He said you know Jay and his craziness and drama. I said you should tell him to take it off cause it makes you look bad. Jordan was a brown belt at the time. Jay even put together highlight films etc. Jordan said he talked to Jay about it. we always laughed about it. Jordan probably said to him one time. you are good you should be a black belt./ which is a comment that people say sometimes. Only an idiot would hear that comment and make himself a black belt. Jay kept posting it on myspace about jordan, we laughed but honestly didnt have time for this internet drama. Jay contacted me a few times on myspace and facebook but never wrote him back because I didnt want any of this crazy drama. All of a sudden years later he is a BJJ black Belt and has promoted BJJ Blackbelts.

That is crazy. First I dont see how Jay does not understand the difference between BJJ black Belts and other styles. I don't know if Jay really believes himself or is just lying. I know I have ceritifcates from my oringal Tai Kai Japense black belt, My BJJ machado brown belt and my BJJ black belt which almost 99.99 people have when they get black belts.

I really did not want to air this dirty laundy but Jay left me no choice. Jay please don't make me air even more information from other people in the Albany area. Just man up and state you made a mistake and was never a BJJ black Belt, no ceriticate. You may have a black belt in something else but no BJJ Blackbelt. If people like you and everything is fine, they will understand.

Please anyone have any questions feel free to email me at kakronen2@yahoo.com or even if his employers would like to talk to me personally please call me 315-395-0910 I will be happy to talk with them at length about this situation.

JaY I tried to keep it civil and basic saying you were talented but was never promoted to BJJ black belt by tai Kai but to clear things up, I had to post this

KEN

Administrator

Posted On:
    9/24/2010 10:42am

staff

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Would it be to much trouble to get you to scan your Tai Kai Black Belt cert? That would lend much more weight to your claims. Your explanation fits what I have been thinking since this thread.

Yet, to be fair I must ask for proof.

Oh and what you are saying is Tai Kai has its own Black Belt style program and a separate BJJ program correct? In other words, you can achieve two different ranks at TaI Kai?

Or back then you could?

Posted On:
    9/24/2010 10:52am

Bullshido Newbie
     Style: Brazilian Jiu Jitsu

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    I would be happy to post pics of any my ceritficates. Also back then that was the only rank you could get at Tai kai our hybrid system at the time. Many schools back then had their own system and instructors traveled to earn BJJ rank. We could not have a BJJ system because we were not authoruized to promote anyone in BJJ back then. Eventually we switched to pure BJJ system over the years and have followed their guidlines. Jay knows and understands all of this.

He has really made this situation ridiculous. Jay please just come on here end this man up, you made a mistake that you don't know how to recover from.
    \
    KEN

Administrator

Posted On:
    9/24/2010 10:58am

staff

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Thanks it would be greatly appreciated. We do this to support these threads. When we can point to hard evidence that says hey this guy is lying it helps.

Also, the clarification helps. So, it was a hybrid style that became an acknowledge BJJ school. Yeah, I saw how early you guys started and know how rare BJJ was back in the day. I knew a few people that trained the same way.

So, he never recieved a BJJ or Tai Kai Black Belt in the time you trianed before he left?

Ih did get a BB Tai Kai did give certificates in Tai Kai JJ at that time?

Thanks for your help.

Featherweight

Posted On:
    9/24/2010 12:24pm

Bullshido Newbie
     Style: bjj

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    let me add Jay says he has BB in Judo also. He claims it was awarded to him at a competition by the owner/promoter of the tournament. I call BULLSHIT. This thread shows clearly JAY SHANNON RUSSELL has ZERO INTEGRITY at all. no one with integrity claims to be a rank they are not, he has done this for years for personal gain. He iS NOT and NEVER was a BJJ BB. my question to jay is; WHY WOULD YOU LIE?? You had to know this day was coming......

I feel like you eyeballin' me, dawg!

Posted On:
    9/24/2010 12:28pm

supporting member
     Style: Judo, JJJ, BJJ

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by real faixa roxa View Post
    let me add Jay says he has BB in Judo also. He claims it was awarded to him at a competition by the owner/promoter of the tournament. I call BULLSHIT. This thread shows clearly JAY SHANNON RUSSELL has ZERO INTEGRITY at all. no one with integrity claims to be a rank they are not, he has done this for years for personal gain. He iS NOT and NEVER was a BJJ BB. my question to jay is; WHY WOULD YOU LIE?? You had to know this day was coming......
    Thanks for the post, but what is your proof of this?

What do you know about his judo black belt?
    Quote Originally Posted by Holy Moment View Post
    BJJ JOE: I'm going to make hate to you. Right here, right now.
    ... Ohhhhhhhh, I'm going to make hate to you so hard that your kinfolk back in Africa will feel it.l
    Quote Originally Posted by Archer
    Karate is the Dane Cook of martial arts

Posted On:
    9/24/2010 12:55pm

Style: BJJ

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by real faixa roxa View Post
    let me add Jay says he has BB in Judo also. He claims it was awarded to him at a competition by the owner/promoter of the tournament.
    As of this post, the black belt judo claim was still listed on the NYJJ site:

http://nyjiujitsualbany.com/node/20

The question here would be whether the owner/promoter of that tournament was qualified to award judo rank on the basis of competition performance. Maybe some judo folks could enlighten us and see if the official judo organizations in the country have any records of Jay Russell's judo rank.
Page 16 of 21 FirstFirst ... 61213141516 17181920 ... LastLast